Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 2)

1234568»

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Match451 said:

Does BG:EE use EAX (environmental audio)? IIRC, the original BG1 & BG2 used EAX, but I don't see it anywhere on the options menu for BG:EE. DirectSound is no longer supported on Win Vista, 7 or 8, but OpenAL is a workable alternative.

Does (or will) BG:EE support environmental audio again?

BG:EE does support EAX using OpenAL. There is no longer an option to turn it off, since, well...it works :)
    Metallomanj5689
    Edwin said:

What is the origin of pi ?

CrevsDaak
    Solmenir said:

My first question is about the new UI - will we be able to make weapon sets like in Icewind Dale 2?

No, the UI updates are mostly cosmetic...but it is purty :)
    Solmenir said:

My other question is regarding BG2:EE- is there plans to add new NPC-s other than the new ones in the prequel? It could really use some bad guys - as far as I can remember, there are like 3 evil NPCs in it :-)

I think that's the first time I've heard BG called a prequel...
    Yes, it has been pretty well spread around that there will be a new NPC meeting your specifications.
    Solmenir said:

And my final question is about Icewind Dale - is there a chance for an Icewind Dale enhanced edition too?

We're focusing on the BGEE update(s) and BG2EE right now.
    [Deleted User]
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    Cerevant said:

Does it mean that we will have to wait longer for Android build (since no focused works on)?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    rdarkenEdwinCrevsDaak
  • laneislaneis Member Posts: 11
    Cerevant said:

Hey cerevant, since it's a ask anything, are you including Android Developement in this sentence ?
    Any estimation on the release date ?

I won't ask that early about BG2EE but i guess the IOS device release will be earlier than Android too ...

Planning to switch back to Apple Devices for a tab, since the apple store is much better toward game release for my project of buying a tablet computer.
    The information about Baldur's Gate is quite important for me actually since i'm a long term fan.
    laneis said:

Hey cerevant, since it's a ask anything, are you including Android Developement in this sentence ?

Yes
    laneis said:

Any estimation on the release date ?

No
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    edited August 2013
    Why do daggers fly so slow through the air?! :(
    Post edited by Lateralus on
    Eleutheros
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Hey @Kaeloree, how cool is @Dee?
    IchigoRXCCrevsDaakkaguana
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    edited August 2013
    So... What about cloud saves? They are still on the planes? I just lost a hd and it would saved me :/
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Sorry if this has been answered already... but will BG EE new NPCs (Neera, Dorn and Rassad) return in BG 2 EE? And if so, any indication as to where? (Irenicus' Dungeon? Near the exit?)

Also outside of those 3, are there any plans to add new NPCs into BG 2 EE?

Thanks
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's been answered a couple of times, but yes, Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad will make an appearance in BG2:EE. There is also one other NPC that wasn't in BG1EE that will be in BG2EE.
    Heindrich
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Dee said:

It's been answered a couple of times, but yes, Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad will make an appearance in BG2:EE. There is also one other NPC that wasn't in BG1EE that will be in BG2EE.

Thanks for quick answer!

What I am getting at is that if I run with one of the new BG 1 EE new NPCs, would I be able to join up with them reasonably easily in BG 2 EE? Not just from a game mechanic point of view, but roleplay-wise as well.

Also do the BG 1 EE romances carry over in BG 2 EE? How would that affect the old BG 2 romances?

I know it will probably be a long time before BG 2 EE is released, but I am already planning a full BG 1 EE to BG 2 EE run, and looking for new portraits, so the above info would be really useful :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2013
    Actually, I'm kind of curious about that as well: one of the things that worked quite well with the insertion of the new NPCs is that you can recruit them before the game really gets started - it's a straight line from the Friendly Arm Inn to Beregost to Nashkel, and all you have to do is take out Ekandor's group and Senjak/Dorotea.

Will Dorn, Neera, Rasaad and NPC #4 (does she have a name yet?) be available within Athkatla? Or are they late-game additions like Mazzy and Cernd?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Lateralus said:

mass effect fields.
    FredjoAdulelminster[Deleted User]
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    Lateralus said:

To pass through personal shields, daggers must be wielded or thrown with a precise speed. Of course, using personal shields creates its own problems in desert areas by disturbing indigenous lifeforms (or when interacting with lasguns, but that's not a problem here), so if you want to see daggers flying fast, take your fight to the desert.
    newvillage
This discussion has been closed.