2»

Comments

• davendaven Member Posts: 112
    Saemon is a dick head.
  • KolonKuKolonKu Member Posts: 87
    Saemon is a swine.
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    edited August 2013
    I think I've told the story before, of how the Chapter 4 'secret' area is bugged for me. I find that not having it allows me the satisfaction of killing this [Insert Insult Here] every single playthrough.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    It's Firkraag for me. I vividly remember the first time I encountered him because I jumped out of my skin. I'm sure I knew there was going to be a dragon but when I actually saw him I had a genuine moment of fright. I think he looks majestic and I still get nervous each time I approach him.
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    Neb. Holy crap, Neb.

Also, I seem to be the only person here who actually likes Saemon. His cheeky audacity is hilarious. Also there's something I really enjoy about the way that he continually gets away. It's as though the game is telling you that there are enemies you won't vanquish, wrongs you won't right. When everything else in the game is about you crushing everything that stands against you, Saemon feels like a reminder that Faerun is a much bigger place than any one person - even if that person is a Bhaalspawn.
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    TIAX RAINS SUPREME
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2013
    Saemon. He screws Charname over and over again, and keeps getting away with it.

I chose to become a god, leaving Viccy behind, just so I could finally get even with this guy! Let's see him try to run away from the NEW LORD OF MURDER! Muaaarrrharharhar!
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    I hate her.

But I love her.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    How about Larry, Daryl and Daryl?
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited August 2013

Does anyone know who they are?

The only really unlikeable character in the series, at least for me, is Eldoth Kron. He's just so... so slimy. Even in his portrait, he just looks slimy, like he sweats slime, or something. Slimy... maybe that's the theme they were going for with his character. It definitely was for me in this post.

• Durlag_ThunderaxeDurlag_Thunderaxe Member Posts: 71
    The bastard just doesnae stay dead! I chunk him every time I see him. He always comes back damnit!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Neb. Holy crap, Neb.

Ugh, Neb, too. Tunnel-filth, that gnome. :|
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

Does anyone know who they are?
    Old TV show.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    It's gotta be Irenicus. With Sarevok being a close second. And Bohdi is third.

Given that this is a poll about antagonists we "love to hate" it needs to be an antagonist that gets us riled up in a good way. They need to be written in a delightfully evil sort of what.
    Which Irenicus is clearly the best of the lot, it helps that David Warner voices him. I mean honestly I still get chills at him screaming "You will suffer! You will ALL suffer!"

I know a lot of people have voted Saemon... but I just can't agree with that. He isn't really an antagonist, he is just an annoying little douchenozzle cockroach that manages somehow to avoid being stepped on by giants.
    Granted he IS hugely annoying, and I thoroughly hate him. But for the wrong reasons. I hate him like I hate Kai Leng. He "won" over the Player Character by Author Fiat not because of anything else or any other reasons but just cause plot/game said so.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    killed one of my favourate characters and hurt imoen then proceeds to be incredibly sure of himself despite the fact he seems to go to great lengths to not actualy fight me

• JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650

Neb. Holy crap, Neb.

Also, I seem to be the only person here who actually likes Saemon. His cheeky audacity is hilarious. Also there's something I really enjoy about the way that he continually gets away. It's as though the game is telling you that there are enemies you won't vanquish, wrongs you won't right. When everything else in the game is about you crushing everything that stands against you, Saemon feels like a reminder that Faerun is a much bigger place than any one person - even if that person is a Bhaalspawn.

I voted for Saemon because the thread is called "love to hate." I agree with you and really do like the character.

Now "antagonists you hate" would be a different answer for me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Nym!! Gods does ever deserve a nasty end! Total jerkass.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    kamuizin said:

Eerr, not BG but Kefka from Final Fantasy VI?

Gotta love his theme music.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I remember the first time I tracked down Firkraag, all those years ago. I fought through his lair and strode boldly in to confront him.

Then, all of a sudden, my screen was full of dragon.

I didn't powergame or metagame at that tender point of my youth. I did yelp and panic. Nowadays I can deal with him pretty easily, but I always remember that first fright.
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    bengoshi said:

Dante put treachery in the lowest circle of Hell, because he thought of it as the worst of all sins, the most deliberate and the most calculated. According to Dante, there are four different types of treachery: betrayal of kindred, betrayal of country, betrayal of guests, and betrayal of benefactors.

Betrayers of benefactors is the lowest level of Hell, in which Satan himself is found. Dante saves this level for the worst sinners and it is called Judecca, named after Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus. Here Dante finds Satan, Judas Iscariot, and Brutus & Cassius. In Dante's opinion these are the worst sinners of all.

I share the same opinion. That's why I think that Saemon's crimes are the worst.

Also, I'd like to help @typo_tilly . The best chance to undestand how his name is pronounced is to listen to Baldur's Gate 2 Chapter Four Introduction. The narrator clearly gives the spelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-155if8cDHU

just hearing that lil clip makes me want BGII:EE even more.... damn you
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Even though ToB would be better without her, I cannot deny that she makes a villain you hate the very second of the initial encounter. She conceals her true face so clumsily... Melissan would surely find herself at home in the modern world, as some belligerent. In fact, to think of it, I reckon it could be the very same person who wrote her dialogues that now writes speeches for the current despot of the USA, Mr Barack. "Protect the Bhaalspawn" with fire, eh?
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    Irenicus is an amazing villain, there is no doubt about it, but I have a visceral hatred for him.