Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    While I can understand some of the frustration that's present here (even if I don't approve of how it's ... voiced at times), I for one am just happy that there'll be a new patch after all. I was worried for a moment that this wouldn't be the case.

I'll gladly wait a bit longer now, safe with the knowledge that the patch IS coming. Oh and I like the idea of an open beta too, I might add.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @AndrewRogue, from your mouth comes truth.

I also think an open beta is a good idea. We've got an active player base chomping at the bit to play the patch and more than used to fixing the game by now (we've been doing it since 1998, after all). It seems to me that getting the community (more) involved is a very smart decision.
    ElectricMonkJuliusBorisovStarflower2525
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    Just purchased the Beamdog version (I had the steam) looking forward to this dropping!!!
    Necdilzor
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    well, everything well and all but... when will the new patch be released? An term commitment please? The Bankrupcty apparently is up, the works are normal already and there's no reason to not set a date of release for the patch.

By the way, an insight on BG2:EE development would be great, % complete, what's already made, teaser videos, biography of the new BG2:EE character... well beamdog, tease us!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    kamuizin said:

well, everything well and all but... when will the new patch be released? An term commitment please? The Bankrupcty apparently is up, the works are normal already and there's no reason to not set a date of release for the patch.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/343234/#Comment_343234
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    Every time I walk in this forum it's amazes me more and more.
    OPEN BETA TEST half a year later... good job lol
    Sese79
  • zed1300zed1300 Member Posts: 5
    @Dee

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. The faq-2 link is particularly useful.

From the various posts I read, I guess I'm similar to many, every day I log on go straight to News and then read this patch status thread (then I might have a sneak peak at the Mac threads). I don't generally look at the "General Discussion".

So to your point: "The resources are there, you just kind of have to know where to look" and to avoid the "boom goes the dynamite" (very funny), could I suggest a "read only" blog under News with "Latest Status" (Patch or otherwise). So the key information is in one place, everyone knows where to look and all (well most) speculation can be stopped ?

I know these things take time but a quick update has to be easier than dealing with the multitude of passionate players who are all saying the same thing but in a variety of different ways ?
    Jairyannaermo
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Kharador said:

I can't believe that too... They said they never stopped working on patch and what? Open beta test... of patch - lol. Seriously guys. It's really bad.

SchnitzelSese79
  • winsonsonhowinsonsonho Member Posts: 18
    manero said:

Kharador said:

I can't believe that too... They said they never stopped working on patch and what? Open beta test... of patch - lol. Seriously guys. It's really bad.

They do beta tests of patches in Starcraft HOTS..I don't see the problem. This is a good thing; we get to play and test the new patch. Happiness! Go play another game for a while if you not interested in the beta.., and before you know it, it'll be patch time :D (And the patch will be better than it would have been as there will be many more testers...)
    elminster
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Test patch? This is ridiculous. Maybe next time they ask if we can make new patch.
  • RahlikRahlik Member Posts: 86
    Why are people whining about testing the patch? Honestly If you don't understand why testing is required or the processes involved in a development and release cycle fine. However complaining because things need testing is like trying to drive a car with no accelerator. Its going to get you nowhere and probably cause people to look at you weirdly as they pass!
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 77
    There was a lot time testing... GoGo release patch. No more words, talk is cheap! :-P
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Kharador said:

Oh right! Because Diablo II's latest patch didn't go open beta after more than 10 years of being released!

HassonelminsterSixheadeddogJasiek
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited August 2013
    I totally support an open beta and to continue on Kaeloree's hardware point (for those who think every PC is the same) I'll try to make a quick view of what difference a PC can have with another (and that each software change can screw things up).

1- Windows OS - WinXP(Sp2, Sp3), Vista (sp1, sp2), 7 (vanilla, sp1), 8 (and all the little tweaks within all of them!)

2- Video (brand: Intel, Nvidia, AMD (ATI), model (So many I'm not gonna list!) (with drivers and tweaks too!)
    (Go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units and see ALL NVidia's model after including the 8000 series...  Ouch...)

3- Sound cards... (software and drivers).

*4- Chipsets... You know how many compagnies make motherboards? Abit, Asus, Gigabyte, to name but a very few!

To have all combinations, they'd need over 2000 PC's (hell, I think 5000 wouldn't even be enough!) for sure (And I'm sure they don't have that at their work place) to test each and every settings. So, going on an open Beta, asking the community's help (that I'm sure has a wider range of hardware and software difference) is a good idea for sure!

*Forgot 4... Now added...
    Post edited by Vortaka on
    NecdilzorStarflower2525RnRClownGubo
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    Cheers to the open beta!

So I would plead with anyone that has the spare time and patience to please try the open beta! Your feedback will likely have a much greater impact now than after the final release, and everyone will benefit from this.
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    Firstly. Congratulations on bringing the franchise back from the brink. I for one am very glad, and very excited to see development remain in the hands of Overhaul Games.

Secondly. I am pleased to see open beta plans. It can only improve the official release.

Onwards and upwards!
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    Palanthis said:

SO yeah we love BG and we also love BGEE. But it would be fair to say we can't really LOVE Beamdog.

*Opinions expressed in this post may not accurately reflect the sentiments of any community of social hominids currently known to anthropological science.
    mch202Saltynuts11Kouga
  • Morte50Morte50 Member Posts: 161

I will never be able to understand why people who say they like a decade-old game seem to want to do nothing but hang out in the forums dedicated to that game's community and trash talk the hard work that's gone into resurrecting it.

Ah, but you forget: this is the internet, where a vocal minority of feebleminded dolts will invariably attempt to make life miserable for everyone else. It's a bit like politics, really. There is nothing for it but to ignore those we can, and to heap scorn onto the rest in plentiful scoops.

At any rate, don't try to find logic or reason in it. I know your frustration, I've never been able to figure out what moves people to act in such a manner either. Just chalk it up to poor impulse control and a misplaced sense of entitlement I guess. But every cloud has a silver lining (depending on prevailing celestial alignment), it does vindicate my deep-seated cynicism. So that's nice.
    procco
This discussion has been closed.