Skip to content

Phrases stuck in your head?

Do you have any phrases or sounds from BG 1,2 that are stuck in your head?

Currently mine are "No one crosses the Shadow Thieves and lives!" and the planetar's "I shall prevail!"

And I haven't played for months, probably almost a year now.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• setsunaluvrsetsunaluvr Member Posts: 29
    Fleet of foot and all that. I love Yoshimo. I still get cracked up every time I play through BG2 and him and Renal Bloodscalp have their talk about pet names and why Renal should not be using them
    JuliusBorisovBaldursCatNonnahswriter
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited September 2013
    Majority of those are in Polish dub.

Imoen teaching CHARNAME how to count to five in a dream sequence. In Polish dub by Iwona Rulewicz

2. Sarevok's (BG!) "I do not fear the death. Do you?"
    3. Imoen's (BG2) "Ready an willin'!"
    4. Firkraag's (BG2) "Time to perish, manlings!"

There were a lot of these, but I'm too lazy to state them all.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora saying "Hop skip to it". It's actually a pretty nice thing to have going through your head.
    BaldursCatAristillius
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    edited September 2013
    The drow rule supreme !
    That was a stinker Urk urk urk
    It is useless to resist !
    Oh Brother Turm ...
    crasher_ptDino
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210

Alora saying "Hop skip to it". It's actually a pretty nice thing to have going through your head.

Her little "Hey there hi there!" makes me squee from adorableness every time :3

Permidion_Stark
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Guess I should play more BG for that. I know what you mean, however. I have many lines from Mass Effect stuck replaying in my head, long after I stopped playing because of the ending. It is frustrating when I am playing something like BG :(
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    edited September 2013

"Get me outa this HELL HOLE!" - Yep, I am at work. LOL

This was the first to come to mind.
    kab said:

"So I kicked him in the head until he was dead, nyahahaha." has literally been stuck in my head since 1999. I utter this phrase, complete with intonation, at least once a week.

Me and my brother used to say this one all the time back in 1999, then our mum shouted at us because apparently it had been in the news that it had actually happened to someone recently, as you might imagine we felt rather bad :P
    JuliusBorisov
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    When going to a meeting with my team at work I must gather my party before venturing forth. Always makes me laugh seeing there is 6 of us.

And lilacors sayings. I always get that sword just for the fun of it
    DragonspearFredjo
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

It is useless to resist !

Is that a Star Wars reference? A Star Trek reference? Or a Dr Who reference. Oh, wait. Dr Who is "Resistance is useless".
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    "I intend to uncover the secrets of the Multiverse by eating large amounts of freshwater fish and covering my body with cottage cheese." - The Nameless One, Xaositect.

Not really related to the Baldur's Gate franchise, I know... But this quote has stuck right into my amourphous soul like no other sentence to date! (゚ー゚)
    JuliusBorisovPibaro
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    By muradin's hammer!
    DjimmyJuliusBorisovSliceofhellJairyanna
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    "So, there is sanity in all this madness. If you are not in league with the evil that dwells in this unholy place, Yoshimo begs your assistance"
    JuliusBorisovRaistlin82
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited September 2013
    "TOUCH NOTHING and NO REFUNDS!"

*Edit* @terzaerian: Listening to that while watching a picture of Jan Jansen change colour is one of the odder experiences of my adult life.
  • KalindorKalindor Member Posts: 51
    I'm glad someone made this thread. Baldur's Gate has some of the most annoyingly memorable voice clips I have heard. Only Starfox 64 can compare.

Cultists: "Death... to the disbeleeeeeevers!"
    Ogrillon: "You mess with me, you mess with YOU!"
    Thunderhammer: "I can make whatever you wish for a wee little bit more than me competition."

The Silke and Shadow Thief clips were already mentioned...
    SliceofhellGoldenEggBaldursCatRaistlin82
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2013
    I know a discerning eye when I see one.

Ah, intrepid adventurers at our door.

None cross Greywolf and live!

Heya, it's me, Imoen!

Coo!!

Come see me swallow flaming knives!
    terzaerianStarflower2525ThacoBell
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    Don't touch me! I might catch something.
    ForseStarflower2525JuliusBorisovJairyanna
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited September 2013

"I'll test your metal with cold steel!" - I feel like this should be the motto of the actual Cold Steel company.

Punctuated with panting and wheezing.

"You are more than welcome in my sight." That voice is so welcoming, and...and all mesmerizing...

"Face ME! FACE THE NEW LORD OF MURDER!" ur scareing me :( This, from the Principal on American Dad!. :'D I want to see him scream this at Steve Smith, possibly at Roger's direction.

"CAN I HELP YOU?! :D?!"
    "How can I help? :D?" Grey DeLisle, I love you more than most of my family, and I would gladly give you a vital organ before half of those people. < 3 I mean, ultimately, I'd give my mother an organ, first, but if she didn't need it, I'd give it to you.

Aaand Neera's kissing sound, but that's because I'm a creepy Neera fanboy. :(
    Post edited by SCARY_WIZARD on
    JuliusBorisovFredjo
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    "Blasted arrogant wench!" from Solaufein.
    JuliusBorisov