Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @LiamEsler I appreciate that, but the point remains that replacements for more than half of the original movies in BG:EE remain missing.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Point is that they got lots of lots of lots of lots of lots of work cut out for them and that exactly what they are doing working, slooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwlyyyyyyyy but surely (I hope) ;)
  • RahlikRahlik Member Posts: 86
    Adul said:

@LiamEsler I appreciate that, but the point remains that replacements for more than half of the original movies in BG:EE remain missing.

Being upset about replacement movies is all well and good, but I'd rather note that lessons have been learnt and be positive - Roll on BG2:EE People being negative on the forums is getting boring to be honest :)
  • SarvSarv Member Posts: 31
    Woo! Pre-ordered! And wallpaper..ed!
  • SarvSarv Member Posts: 31
    Hah! Just noticed Boo on Minsc's shoulder! <3
    Rahlik said:

Being upset about replacement movies is all well and good, but I'd rather note that lessons have been learnt and be positive - Roll on BG2:EE People being negative on the forums is getting boring to be honest :)

I don't disagree with you, to be honest - missing movies are just kind of a hot topic for me. I'm still very much excited about the upcoming patch and BG2:EE, and I do appreciate all the work OG have done to modernize the BG series.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    LiamEsler said:

@Vnavekul We learn from our mistakes. :)

One patch at a time.

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Sarv said:

Hah! Just noticed Boo on Minsc's shoulder! <3</p>

So he wasn't Captain America?

• cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    edited September 2013
    Rahlik said:

Adul said:

Lessons have been learned? That only applies when evidence is provided of the fact.
    The fact is these things ARE STILL NOT DONE. We see no indication that they will EVER be done and not one Dev has the balls to front up and explain why.

I see no evidence of lessons being learned at all. All I see is typical evasiveness and assurances that "things" have been done.

How about someone grows a pair and actually fronts up and tells us WHEN BGEE will be finished or WHY they have decided to not complete the overhaul and move on the sequel.

Come on. Stop dicking about and actually say something worthwhile.

I'm sick of this crap

• maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    cryocore said:

Come on. Stop dicking about and actually say something worthwhile.
    I'm sick of this crap

Yes, yes, yes!

• HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    Although I agree with your sentiment cryocore, I am prepared to with-hold final judgement until this patch.

That will be the measuring stick. Lessons learned you say? Taking your time to make sure everything works you say? Actually giving me the opportunity to play the game in a playable form (sure, my standards are high, but the Journal working is a MUST) you say?

We'll see, Beamdog, we'll see.

Also, that threat about me jumping of the Tyne Bridge if it's a turkey of a patch? I wasn't joking.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Hoot said:

Although I agree with your sentiment cryocore, I am prepared to with-hold final judgement until this patch.

That will be the measuring stick. Lessons learned you say? Taking your time to make sure everything works you say? Actually giving me the opportunity to play the game in a playable form (sure, my standards are high, but the Journal working is a MUST) you say?

We'll see, Beamdog, we'll see.

Also, that threat about me jumping of the Tyne Bridge if it's a turkey of a patch? I wasn't joking.

Agreed. Last time I'd heard about high standards, I got two bugged kits instead of a playable iPad game. :\
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    day after day I get frustrated a little more.
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    My frustration stems from when they say one thing and do another. During the last legal debacle, they pointed out on the main page that they couldn't release the latest patch that promised so many new features and they proudly listed its features. They gave the impression that it was already ready to go out the door as soon as the legal issues were over. Well when the legal problems passed, they said that they weren't going to release it because they needed to beta test it some more, wth. The last patch they did was April 26, what 6 months ago! What kind of support is that and not including the fact that they weren't going to support the people who already paid for the game who wanted some support for the game during those legal issues, which I thought was irresponsible to begin with. There are still several issues as others have pointed out with BGEE that haven't been fixed and no guarantees that they will be fixed with the new supposed patch and waiting now 6 months or more is just inexcusable, if you ask me, for a flipping patch.

So go ahead and preorder, when there is no need to because you don't get it cheaper and it is a digital copy to begin with so the supplies are endless. Like I said earlier, I am not going to preorder because there are plenty of reasons to not to. And for $25? I can buy the whole series at GOG for less than that and you haven't even fixed the first damn game!!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The self entitlement is strong in this thread.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2013
    Varwulf said:

The best part? I'm funding the development of Baldur's Gate 3.

Don't even say that. Overhaul can't make that game. They can't even patch their own product.

Yeah, game development funding doesn't work that way. Buying a copy of BG:EE or BG2:EE is not funding BG3. BG3 is not being developed at the moment, and even if it were, its funding would be separate from the two enhanced editions. Don't forget that OG is working with publishers, they're not independent - and they do have to pay their royalties. They will not fund their future games from a stockpile made from current sales. That's just not feasible.
    @Chow It's called having a discussion. And even though it's sort of an off-topic one, there's no need to get uppity over it. ;)
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    The way you guys are complaining its like OH games ran over your cat or something. I don't know why they bother talking on a forum to people as this is all the hassle they get. Other games don't bother. First world problems I guess, try living in Syria right now and see if complaining about a video game is in your top 5 problems
    Don't bother trolling me back because I don't bother checking forums often and I think you know why, Keep working hard OH most of us have faith in you
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    ^
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    @jamesker: That said, what you're doing is fallacy of relative privation, which is a pretty terrible argument in its own right.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    I think Dee already said this in another thread, but people seem to get angry when they say something, and then people get angry when they don't say anything. Honestly, why give out information if most of the people are going to get angry when it doesn't reach their expectations? At times this feels like the Diablo 3 forums.

Honestly, I can wait for the patch and BG2EE, because I feel that they'll be great, obviously that isn't so for some others.
    @Chow I don't see that much hatred, to be honest. Of course there is the occasional disgruntled commenter, but this being the internet that is to be expected. For the most part it's been pretty civil so far, I think.

As for the lack of news, far be it from me to speak for Beamdog employees, but I think it's due to an actual lack of news as opposed to too much disappointment being voiced in the forum posts. They said it numerous times that when the beta will be close they will make an announcement about it.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I think I am going to make a macro, so whenever people complain about things that aren't done yet, I can just have it autopost:

You shouldn't be mad at Overhaul, you should be mad at Atari, as they held up all development for ~three months.
This discussion has been closed.