Skip to content

Post your favorite screenshot!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited October 2013 in The Road to v1.2
This new forum is free for anyone to post new threads pertaining to the beta as they like, but I'd like to start things off with a thread for posting screenshots. If you've found something you'd like to share with the community, post it here!

Just to get the ball rolling, here are a couple of things I'm particularly excited about: A half-orc kensai, and a dwarven defender. I haven't altered any of their colors; this is what shows up when I get to the Appearance section of character creation:

Post edited by Dee on
[Deleted User]elminsterbadbromanceJLeeKilivitzJuliusBorisovStarflower2525DexterEffinykaguanaFredjololien

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @neleothesze that's a really cool portrait and being the sucker for nice portraits that I am, I have to ask: any chance you can hook us up with a copy of that?
    FredjoJairyanna
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Screen cap of new script, and screen cap of new font applied to the map.
    JuliusBorisov
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Chet said:

some truely high res screenshots for everyone's enjoyment...

Whoa, the UI ran out of texture!

• joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    @bengoshi totally agree, they look fantastic.
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    @bengoshi No, you're not the only one. The new icons look great and make the interface and inventory look even better than before. Very sharp and some with very detailed designs. (I'm thinking wand of paralysis for example) There are a few icons that need a bit of fixing though, I think I mentioned the familiar in another thread. :)

@Kilivitz Here's the link to the original image: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Elven-Warrior-199081682 by belldandy. If you don't have a program to make the image portrait sized and it's not against any ToS, copyright, etc I'll upload the ones I've made. :)
    Kilivitzreddwarf
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @neleothesze I can make my own portrait, no problem. Thanks a lot for the link!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @neleothesze Posting portraits would require permission from the artist.
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    @mlnevese No worries. That's why I mentioned artist copyright. ;) I know I'd hate to make something and see it cut up and posted all over.
    mlnevese
  • IgnoIgno Member Posts: 10
    No screenshot, but i have to say it... the new german sounds are amazing!
    Kamigoroshielminster
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I don't have access to beta, so sad. Can someone kindly post screenshots for new character class/kit color schemes? I really wonder what colors developers thought fit for a regular mage, and a wild mage-a thief and a swashbuckler ^^ pretty please?
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    bengoshi said:

Am I the only one to like the new look of wands? Now they really have something magical in the look, the new look is superb, it's more "wizardish"!

Old look (a wand of magic missile):

New look (a wand of magic missile):

I also like the new look of swords - the style is there too.

Old look (a long sword):

New look (a long sword):

The new icons for items absolutely change my perception of the graphics of this game. It feels really enhanced now.

They're not new, they just use the "picked up" art for items even when they are placed in a slot. Incidentally this doesn't work well for some gems and necklaces since they become smaller and less detailed.
    FlashburnMortiannalolien
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @Jalily thank you! Incidentaly, I choose that blue for my mages too! ^^
    elminsterMalicronlolien
  • SnoopyMDSnoopyMD Member Posts: 23
    Can some also post a screenshot of the blackgaurd color scheme if there is any difference that is.
  • SnoopyMDSnoopyMD Member Posts: 23
    elminster said:

@SnoopyMD

Paladin

Cavalier

Inquisitor

Undead Hunter

Blackguard

Thank you kindly :)
    elminsterCrevsDaakStarflower2525
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Haha, was not expecting this!
    badbromance
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    luskan said:

Haha, was not expecting this!

Shouldn't that automatically turn the target hostile?
    artificial_sunlight
    A full failure did. This looks more like a successful roll but target has no items kinda deal.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @luskan you need 50 now to have a chance at succeeding in that particular case.
    luskanCoryNewb
    Dee said:

Or, target has items but your Pick Pocket score isn't high enough to attempt to steal them.

(Did someone say, New Feature???)

That's what I was trying to say. :)
    elminster said:

@luskan you need 50 now to have a chance at succeeding in that particular case.

Good to know. I pickpocket a lot so figuring out the new requirements will be fun. I'm assuming the stats gained by potions count towards these new limits. Maybe I'll go visit Drizzt next... ;)