Skip to content

Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    All those videos make me remember Gamers and Gamers:Dorkness Rising. Especially the second one.
    (Quite a funny indie movie about RPG players)
    CrevsDaakjackjackStarflower2525
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Corvino said:

Just throwing it out there, but Khalid does have greater uses than naked Basilisk runs. He's one of the few balanced tanks without using the gauntlets of dexterity.

He and my lawful good fighter made a great 1-2 face tank combo when I did my cannon run.

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    and yet many people hate Khalid, is it because if he gets a scratch from a kitty cat he loses moral failure and runs away, despite the irony of being one of bg 1's best fighters?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    sarevok57 said:

and yet many people hate Khalid, is it because if he gets a scratch from a kitty cat he loses moral failure and runs away, despite the irony of being one of bg 1's best fighters?

He's the most balanced fighter in the game (maybe Dorn surpasses him, but only maybe, don't forget Khalid can reach grand mastery and that he has 17 CON), I took him instead of Jaheira, I was needing a tank, not a half divine spell caster (you do not reaaaaaally need a cleric in BG1) and half fighter, in that play trough, I've carried Coran, and Elven CHARNAME, Neera, Kivan (he is a very good melee fighter too), Xan (he is better than Dynaheir), and Khalid (with +++++ in Long Swords, he is boss past lvl7, plus Coran with his 20 DEX and Kivan with 18 STR, 3 wizards (MAGE/THIEF CHARNAME, Xan and Neera), that was a very good run indeed, it was funny to see how they've managed to beat Sarevok withou.......

Wait, I'm talking too much... Yes, I think everybody hates Khalid because of his low morale (and what about Xan, he sees a cat and runs away like enemies with "Spook" :P ), but I didn't take him sometimes because he makes early game a lot more complicated (low STR, you can take Dorn and you'll have 19 STR in chapter two, plus his THS+1 and his enemies' drops).

Hope Mazzy don't does the same she did to Jan (shut up, shut up, shut up!! SHUT UP!! SHUT!!! UP!!!!) while I keep typing and typing here... :P
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I believe Khalid has the highest morale failure rate, followed quickly by Kagain (no one seems to notice this, of course, hmm I wonder if people are biased), then Garrick, then Xan. This is if I'm remembering correctly. Been a while since I've looked at those values in Near Infinity.

Also correction @CrevsDaak, you can't really reach Grand Mastery in BG1 without some dual-classing cheese since the warrior level cap is Level 8 and Grand Mastery can be hit at Level 9 minimum.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Quartz said:

I believe Khalid has the highest morale failure rate, followed quickly by Kagain (no one seems to notice this, of course, hmm I wonder if people are biased), then Garrick, then Xan. This is if I'm remembering correctly. Been a while since I've looked at those values in Near Infinity.

I think its probably a combination of the facts that Kagain is Evil, and also not part of the "canon party", which means that players are far more likely to have Khalid, and the fact that Kagain gains +2 more HP a level, which probably means its slightly more difficult for him to suffer morale failure due to damage.

I think the first is the main reason, though. People in general just use Kagain less, and so he's less well known for going berserk than Khalid is for running like a bat out of hell.
    CrevsDaakNonnahswriterQuartzjackjack
    @Quartz well, I've never noticed that. And that was a no XP cap play trough (since I've modded the XP cap, only one run had it was when I removed it to install it again with a higher value, just kidding :P).
    Unless you set the start XP value to more than 0, then you can spend more than a two points for the same proficiency with fighter classes (what means you can start with ++++ :D:D, cheeseful, Just CHEESEFUL!!!).
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Let's stay on topic folks - there are a number of Khalid love/hate threads, and if you can't find one you like then one you can make another.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Quartz said:

Time for some Unpopular Opinion Puffin! :D

BG1 and TOB are better than SOA

Corvino said:

Just throwing it out there, but Khalid does have greater uses than naked Basilisk runs. He's one of the few balanced tanks without using the gauntlets of dexterity.

Khalid is the good one. Jaheira is the hateful #%$#%$#^$^$.

Just saying.
    CrevsDaakQuartzWilburSyntia13
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    CrevsDaak said:

imageThe position in how Minsc is standing and the color of the Beholder's ray reminded me of Star Wars, not to say Edwin's arms position and how Dorn is attacking the Eye Tyrant.

Thanks to you I am now committed to playing 'duel of the fates' instead of the in game music for the final battle of each game XD

CrevsDaakArcalianStarflower2525
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    CrevsDaak said:

Where is that image from?
    @Night_Watch a screen shot with reversed colors via photoshop.
    Night_WatchJuliusBorisovStarflower2525lolien
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    CrevsDaak said:

imageThe position in how Minsc is standing and the color of the Beholder's ray reminded me of Star Wars, not to say Edwin's arms position and how Dorn is attacking the Eye Tyrant.

Rasaad looks so heroic trying to punch the beholder!
    BelgarathMTHCrevsDaakStarflower2525Aristillius
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Neera looks....compromised....while lying down on her back like that.
    WolkCrevsDaak
    Quartz said:

Arcalian said:

BG1 and TOB are better than SOA

Wait ... you're saying ToB > SoA?

Yep.

I'm not saying that SOA is bad, I like it. But TOB feels like it's actually continuing the Bhaalspawn story. SOA is the Irenicus Interruption. And I promise to stop derailing the thread now. Don't want the mods mad at me.
    booinyoureyes
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @CrevsDaak quite the spoiler indeeders
    CrevsDaakQuartzAristillius
This discussion has been closed.