Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    What are the key things you learned from BGEE that will be applied to BGIIEE? and is there anything that you did/didnt do in BGEE that you wish you did/didnt and has this too been applied to BGIIEE?

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Is the stand alone option still available? I had this version originally and uninstalled it when I had an issue with a patch and set up the Beamdog client but I like to have the option to still play if my internet goes down.

When I go to the original link for it I get a security warning message about certificates?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Wanderon
    Yes, if you log into Beamdog.com and go to the game's product page, you should see a yellow "Install Now" button.
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    Will there be new soundsets for Charname in BG2:EE?
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    any monk or blackguard only items in bg2 ee?
    Dee said:

@Wanderon
    Yes, if you log into Beamdog.com and go to the game's product page, you should see a yellow "Install Now" button.

OK found it but when I try to install it I get a security message that the certificate is corrupt or invalid (and then only the option to delete) ???

• FoodgeekFoodgeek Member Posts: 12
    Did the bugfix solve the problem with Dwarven maximum starting dexterity (set at 16 incorrectly)? Maybe it could change any PC Dwarf with a natural 16 (17 with tome) to +2.

Also, is there a discussion forum for BGII EE? The 4 new characters in BGIIEE....3 are not new? They are From BGIEE?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Dee said:

If you're just now joining us, we (the development team at Overhaul Games) are taking questions from you (the players). You can read the original thread here. You can read Volume 2 here

The FAQ thread here lists all of the important questions that have already been answered.

I'll note here that we cannot answer questions about content (we want to maintain the surprises where we can), and there may be other specific questions that we can't address right away, but we'll do our best to respond to questions as they come in (or, more likely, in clusters as we have time).

• WickedGuideWickedGuide Member Posts: 3
    shawne said:

As misinterpretations of established characterization go, that one's thorough in how badly it misses the mark....

I do enjoy making "misinterpretations" of blustering violent men. So I intentionally depicted Dorn more helpless than he appears to be. However, I didn't say he was/is cowardly or that he doesn't like his "work". I was merely positing that since in casual social setting he seems violently insecure at times and his libertarian violent tendencies were quite reactionary and ultimately rendered him very dependent on others, he wasn't really "free" during his murderous spree. To me this kind of 'passivity' at work underneath his activities make him kinda cuddly. Like a very dangerous pet. Also, a slave who happens to agree with his master/fiend, is not free. And since fiends don't do charity in prisons, he's likely nothing more than a glorified slave.

But I'll not burden this thread further. I'm content with the playtesters assurances that Dorn will not go soft later on.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Foodgeek said:

Also, is there a discussion forum for BGII EE? The 4 new characters in BGIIEE....3 are not new? They are From BGIEE?

That depends on your classification of new. Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad were not previously in BG2. That means they are new characters in BG2EE.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Cerevant said:

Without giving any spoilers, I want to bathe after I play test Dorn in BGII:EE. Calling him evil just doesn't cover it.

Well, this has me pretty nervous. I was hoping to have a mixed party (and finish that romance), but I guess I'll have to decide to run all evil. Can't see Anomen getting along with him if this is the case (and Anomen is one of my favorites).
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    rdarken said:

Cerevant said:

Without giving any spoilers, I want to bathe after I play test Dorn in BGII:EE. Calling him evil just doesn't cover it.

Well, this has me pretty nervous. I was hoping to have a mixed party (and finish that romance), but I guess I'll have to decide to run all evil. Can't see Anomen getting along with him if this is the case (and Anomen is one of my favorites).
    An Anomen that fails the test can be kind of considered evil. You can roleplay his evil actions in killing the murderers and taking justice into his own hands constitute a sin that the paladins could not overlook. And from his failure of his life's purpose, he dwelved further and further into darkness
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    will there be any modifications the the shapeshifter
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Will BGII be submitted to Apple before the 15th in order to give us ipad users at least a small chance of playing at the same time as everyone else? Can't wait!
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    What is the combined girth of your teams units half mast (You know squishy, but you could still take your pulse if you wanted to)..?

Lets see how I compare to a room full of devs I will prolly go down, but I'll go down fighting. +3 banana hammock "RAWR HELICOPTER!!! Ahh heli...cop..ter..."

Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.-Tony Robbins
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    I'm confused about the vanilla bard song. Is it only affect: remove fear, resist fear and restore moral?
    I thought it was meant to be more then that. Also does it improve with level or is it just the same until HLA ?
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    How much love is the ToB portion receiving in BG2EE?

I know you guys are legally restricted from changing what already exists, but that part of the game begs for additional content - and lots of it.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    When will we be able to pre-load BG2:EE?

Will we be able to access the game at midnight on the 15th (which timezone)?

Will we have to download another huge chunk when the game goes live on the 15th like we did last time, and have to sit hours waiting for it to become available? I guess I'm asking if you learned your lesson after the first launch?
  • RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    Could someone please explain how the platforms are being organised? If I am waiting for a particular PC version but buy now will I have access to all PC versions or will I have to buy again? Also, why does Steam only show the Windows version despite BGEE being multi-platform?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    With this thread at 28 pages are there any plans for "Ask us anything - Volume 4" ? :p
    Yes, though probably not until after BGII is released; not only are we working hard to make BGII:EE the best it can be, but (on a non-work-related note) I have a play opening that same week, which takes up some of my off-hours time. :)
  • Can we buy tickets for the "play opening" and will they be available on the app-store, and steam. :P
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    You'll be able to get tickets on steam, but then I'll get the profits and only send Dee a pack of ramen.
  • mfr001mfr001 Member Posts: 43
    Cerevant said:

You'll be able to get tickets on steam, but then I'll get the profits and only send Dee a pack of ramen.

You mean he still gets paid the same amount as before?! I thought this was against Steam's operating principles.

mfr001 said:

Cerevant said:

You mean he still gets paid the same amount as before?! I thought this was against Steam's operating principles.

It's more of a gentleman's agreement. :)
    Dee said:

mfr001 said:

Cerevant said:

It's more of a gentleman's agreement. :)
    Wow where did you dig up a gentleman to agree with? LOL

• killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    Cerevant said:

So, my question for those who have played the game.

If we are: 1. Not interested in running an evil party 2. Not fond of monks 3. Didn't like the black pits -- or any other hack and slash gladiator-pit type game. Is there any reason to buy BGII EE?

Did the devs do anything for those of us who liked the original, heroic storyline and are hoping for more dialogue and/or plot twists?

• KratokKratok Member Posts: 42

Cerevant said:

So, my question for those who have played the game.

If we are: 1. Not interested in running an evil party 2. Not fond of monks 3. Didn't like the black pits -- or any other hack and slash gladiator-pit type game. Is there any reason to buy BGII EE?

Did the devs do anything for those of us who liked the original, heroic storyline and are hoping for more dialogue and/or plot twists?

It has been previously announced that they had added over 350k words of new dialogue, and that was many months ago. There will also be over 30 new locations to visit. So even if you don't want to use Rasaad, Dorn, Hexxat or play The Black Pits even once, there should be plenty of new story, dialogue and heroic adventure to experience. And by the way, you don't have to run an "evil party", you can have mixed-alignment party perfectly fine and have Dorn for example together with neutral and good members. Should result in some interesting interactions. :)
This discussion has been closed.