Skip to content

BG2EE is live - What are you still doing here! :p

Comments

• FistandantilusFistandantilus Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2013
    I'd change my mind if i could have selective amnesia i would look to this most (well not really since i don't know it would happen)- wandering through firkraags lair not having a clue there may be a particular Wyrm at the bottom and then stumbling across a particular dragon, very early in the game. Edwin (the only spell caster with breach etc) hastily proceeds to piss her panties and leave me facing a very angry dragon with a party of fighters. that made me actually lol, and it was priceless.

edit: bad grammar
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    Most looking forward too native widescreen resolution, ... the old game with mods really hurts my eyes @ 1920x1080.

Secondly the basic SCS scripts added for the game's ai is a huge improvement hopefully so we can have intelligent enemies in the vanilla game.

Why no scs scripts in bg:ee? oh well i'm sure it'll be added at some point ...
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Wilbur said:

Hearing Irenicus' voice.

Yeah I really must be the only one who doesn't get this. Then again that shouldn't surprise me since I hate Minsc.

His voice acting isn't BAD; his character isn't BAD; but I personally find Irenicus all-around "meh."
    Heas
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    Buttkicking for goodness (or evulz).

All the wonderful and... not so wonderful characters. I'm looking at you, Cernd! Also, the unfolding of Raasad, Neera and Dorn's stories.

Hexxat.

Smiting dragons and liches and mindflayers and other worthy and not so worthy foes.

And, of course, trying to woo the finest lady of them all: Edwina. I mean, Aerie. No, Jaheira. Viconia. All of them. At the same time.

No?
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

Having BG2:EE fix the issue with Imoen casting Magic Missile as you enter Athkatla, even when you make sure she doesn't have any memorized, or any wands of Magic Missile, or even items for that matter.

With this fixed, we can jump right into The Underdark.

Imoen had a belt, that was unremovable and solely for this reason - it held the Magic Missile she cast during the cutscene. You are not the only one trying to break the plot...
    JuliusBorisov
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I think the belt also stops her perma-dying (or dying at all?)
    SouthpawJuliusBorisovAlderic
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Yes...when her health drops too low, she does not die, but panicks and leaves only to rejoin you at the end.
    EudaemoniumJuliusBorisov
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Cowardly doppleganger.
    jackjack
  • Cimmerian1xCimmerian1x Member Posts: 32
    Ability of Custom Character Portraits!
  • Cimmerian1xCimmerian1x Member Posts: 32
    New Weapons and Armor!
    SCARY_WIZARDJuliusBorisov
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    Haven't posted in a while, my hope against hope is to actually have a REAL paladin Stronghold somewhere, not that shabby little hole they call a room.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • doomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoom Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    mahk said:

Kicking Jaheira out of my party after she gets cursed by proyer....

Nice. Harpers must die.
    Personally, I pretend romance her for fun and profit, and then sacrifice that harpy in Hell.
    But I like this idea too.
    Southpaw
  • EvvEvv Member Posts: 17
    Quartz said:

Wilbur said:

Hearing Irenicus' voice.

Yeah I really must be the only one who doesn't get this. Then again that shouldn't surprise me since I hate Minsc.

His voice acting isn't BAD; his character isn't BAD; but I personally find Irenicus all-around "meh."
    How dare you?!! Seriously get a grip man. Irenicus' voice is the most badass vilian voice ever created for a game/movie what so ever made? Listen to the tension David Warner puts in every single word spoken. How it feels with enthusiasm and most important of all.. raw power hunger emotions!

Jon Irenicus the most power wizard of all time. Goes even farther than Elminster himself and the others lol

SouthpawAlderic
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited November 2013
    Evv said:

How dare you?!! Seriously get a grip man.

@Evv, love the passion, but its a matter of opinion. I think the voice acting is good too, but try not to come through the monitor with your comments when people don't agree with you.
    Quartz
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    The inevitable 200,000 threads complaining that Rasaad is overpowered.
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    edited November 2013

The inevitable 200,000 threads complaining that Rasaad is overpowered.

BG series is not about balance, never was... and thank God for that.

nemiafalaCalmarStarflower2525
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

New Weapons and Armor!

:D! I want to see some neat new...spears. Maybe ammunition!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Thank you @CoryNewb.
    CoryNewb
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    He's a frikken godspawn, never thought of gods as the "balanced" type of peeps.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Rasaad!?
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    Evv said:

Quartz said:

Wilbur said:

Hearing Irenicus' voice.

How dare you?!! Seriously get a grip man. Irenicus' voice is the most badass vilian voice ever created for a game/movie what so ever made? Listen to the tension David Warner puts in every single word spoken. How it feels with enthusiasm and most important of all.. raw power hunger emotions!

Jon Irenicus the most power wizard of all time. Goes even farther than Elminster himself and the others lol

Thing I love most about Irenicus's voice is how most the time after doing something REALLY evil, He seems almost indifferent to what he is doing, So like, Really evil, Here's an example.

"Silence, dog. Your only purpose is to die by my hand."

The way he says.. Gives me the shivers.
    So.. WAITING MOSTLY FOR IRENICUS!
    recklessheart
  • EvvEvv Member Posts: 17
    Heas said:

Evv said:

Quartz said:

Wilbur said:

Hearing Irenicus' voice.

Thing I love most about Irenicus's voice is how most the time after doing something REALLY evil, He seems almost indifferent to what he is doing, So like, Really evil, Here's an example.

"Silence, dog. Your only purpose is to die by my hand."

The way he says.. Gives me the shivers.
    So.. WAITING MOSTLY FOR IRENICUS!
    And you ain't alone on that one :) One of my favorite quotes! Basically everyone word spoken is a gift to us. Oh boy all the times i've been on youtube to hear his words being spoken lol.

Can't wait to friday! My life will once again have a purpose ;) haha.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    To be honest, what I can't wait for is to import and play with my 4 to 5 characters I have cued up for BG2EE.
    elminsterLordRumfishQuartzStarflower2525
  • Spaceman_SpiffSpaceman_Spiff Member Posts: 40
    the inevitable shit storm that will ensue following a delayed release announcement by the devs :)
    jokes aside, i'm really waiting for the new areas and music scores.
    PibaroSCARY_WIZARDStarflower2525
  • MikeMike Member Posts: 65
    Looking forward to Irenicus telling me how awesome I am at the beginning of the game whilst torturing me. Hope that didn't sound to masochistic...
    QuartzStarflower2525
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    I'm looking forward to completing a playthrough of BGEE before BG2EE! I am not too sure I shall accomplish that in 4 days, but a week off work will provide the perfect platform to make a huge dent in that quest. I should be enjoying BG2EE in perhaps 14 days!
    elminsterdarrenkuoStarflower2525