Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited November 2013
    Yay! @PhillipDaigle: Will the Mac one be made available at the same time as the Windows one?
  • IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 608

We're releasing the stand-alone installer soon. If you don't want to use the Beamdog client, just hang on for a bit.

Thanks

Paulg
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Why not just install the client, download the files, then uninstall the client? Presumably you can then use the standalone launcher to complete the installation come Friday...
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    shawne said:

Why not just install the client, download the files, then uninstall the client? Presumably you can then use the standalone launcher to complete the installation come Friday...

Ain't nobody got time for dat.
    Paulg
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347

We're releasing the stand-alone installer soon. If you don't want to use the Beamdog client, just hang on for a bit.

Thanks, the client wasn't downloading for me for whatever reason.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    sepotter said:

mlnevese said:

A pre-load is never early or late. It starts exactly when it means to start...
    Very nice! but if I may adjust the wording:

A preload is never late, nor is it early, it begins PRECISELY when it means to!

If I use his style Gandalf could sue me... :)
    Fredjo
  • IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 608
    shawne said:

You know, cant be sure that it will be working withou that client, thats why. Since its preload with no all data, i expect that there will be no way to find it out. But i was planning to do it anyway, since i cant resist :D

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Idaho said:

shawne said:

You know, cant be sure that it will be working withou that client, thats why. Since its preload with no all data, i expect that there will be no way to find it out. But i was planning to do it anyway, since i cant resist :D
    I can't see any reason why that wouldn't work. Just start the download with the stand-alone to get the directory structure right, copy the files from the Beamdog launcher, then resume the download.
  • shrikeshrike Member Posts: 11

Any update or news regarding the iPad release date?
    Also any news regarding work on other related titles?

• callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    Was the stand-alone installer released yet?
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    I used the Beamdog Client to preload last night. Had a little trouble at first with the program not wanting to load. Had to uninstall it and reinstall the newest version, but after that it was smooth sailing. Got my preload finished in about an hour. Can't wait til Friday!
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    My computer isn't allowing me to download the Beamdog client. Something to do with a corrupt signature. When will the stand alone pre-loader be available?
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    Go for the preload download Boo!!! Hamsters and Rangers everywhere rejoice!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @YupImMadBro
    There's a problem with Internet Explorer. You can get around it one of two ways:

1) Find the file (BGEEInstaller.exe) in your Downloads folder and run it there; the file itself is fine, it's just improperly flagged by IE.
    2) Download the installer using a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.

We're looking into the problem on our end as well, but in the mean-time that should let you download and install it.
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    Out of Curiosity i got two questions since i heard Beamdog seems to be now in charge for steam stuff.

1. will we get a Pre-load there too?

2. The Release Countdown on the shop site tells me it will be release Nov 15th Friday at 9pm and i was wondering why so late?
    Mind you i am not complaining here its really just curiosity. Does it have something to do cause i am in a different timezone or something? ( i am from Germany.)
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Mermidion said:

Out of Curiosity i got two questions since i heard Beamdog seems to be now in charge for steam stuff.

1. will we get a Pre-load there too?

2. The Release Countdown on the shop site tells me it will be release Nov 15th Friday at 9pm and i was wondering why so late?
    Mind you i am not complaining here its really just curiosity. Does it have something to do cause i am in a different timezone or something? ( i am from Germany.)

It's the time zone. It releases at 1pm Edmonton time, which adds up to 9pm for those of us on Central European Time.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

@PhillipDaigle

When stand-alone installer is avaiable , would beamdog send out the link to our account mail ?
    Thank You ,
    ADHD
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2013
    I don't think they'll be able to send so many emails to notify us of the standalone installer, more likely we'll see the link they give us here.

Oh, by the way, do you think the standalone will be available today?
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    edited November 2013
    @ Sceptenar
    Ah.Thank you for clearing this up. thought it would be something like that. oh well,got to wait till the evening then,no biggie.
    Guess most people would be at work before the time anyway. Just hope there will be are Pre-load so i can jump right into it then.

PS: Also love your Tarquin Avatar. :D
  • HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106

While waiting for stand alone setup manuals can be downloaded a part? I'm a lot curious :)

• sabacs90sabacs90 Member Posts: 14
    @PhillipDaigle

When can we expect new trailer announced by you couple of days ago?
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2013
    hey if it comes out 1 pm edmonton time, what is that here on East coast U.S.? i took time off from work for this and i dont wanna miss a second, lol. im gonna sleep up untill right before release so i dont have to sleep after, what ever time that may be.
    Or i may have the time all messed up..... just tell me what time dang it! lol
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    steam says = Available: 16 November 2013 ;/
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Wait a sec. That countdown says 13 hours for me right now. That's around 11 AM ET tomorrow. Early release??
    TJ_HookerPaulg
    same here! WTF?! it says 13 hours..... is this real? can this be happening? but but but..
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yep, so it'll release on the 15th for those who are not in North America. :D
    JuliusBorisovFina92JairyannaPaulg
    edited November 2013
    ok gotcha

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Mermidion said:

@ Sceptenar
    Ah.Thank you for clearing this up. thought it would be something like that. oh well,got to wait till the evening then,no biggie.
    Guess most people would be at work before the time anyway. Just hope there will be are Pre-load so i can jump right into it then.

PS: Also love your Tarquin Avatar. :D

@Mermidion
    The timer has been updated now, so it looks like the vaterland and the fedreland is going to get BG2:EE around midnight after all!
This discussion has been closed.