Skip to content

Hexxat romance option

Comments

• GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Carfax said:

I'm not sure if you have heard it yet, as you seem to be new to the internet, but lesbians do indeed appeal to heterosexual males.

And I think it was fair to make Hexxat lesbian, as apology to female charnames of having only Anomen for years.

There's a great deal of difference between liking women, and wanting to be one, which is what you and the other beta males seem to actually prefer.

I don't want to make a female character, because I'm not a freaking woman. Turning her bi instead of gay would appease both parties...
    Dude, have you never heard of roll with the dice?

• CarfaxCarfax Member Posts: 15
    shawne said:

Because male PCs aren't lacking in female romance options, you idiot.

An RPG is all about choice and options idiot, and making her bi instead of gay is a simple fix..

Wandering_Minstrel
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Well, lets look at how many romances guys get. They get, Viconia, Neera, Jaheira, Dorn, and Aerie.

Now, lets look at how many romances girls get. They get, Anomen, Rasaad, Dorn, and now Hexxat.

I think its fair that Hexxat is a lesbian. It just makes sense for her to lesbian, because guys already have two choices for an evil romance. Viconia, and Dorn.

As for the bisexual thing, we already have one evil bisexual, we don't need another one. Also, too many bisexuals will make me think of Dragon Age 2, where Bioware just decided to make all the romance options bisexual aka playersexual. On a couple of the characters it didn't make any sense at all. For instance, Anders, he didn't seem bisexual or gay during Awakening, and then suddenly in Dragon Age 2, he goes playersexual bisexual.

To be perfectly honest though, I hope that Overhaul does a gay romance as well.
  • LeuenherzLeuenherz Member Posts: 7
    A question, if I may. Should I decide to simply cheat the game`s restriction on Hexxat's romance, how exactly would I go about that?

I checked the globals via BGEE Keeper. It was easy enough to find the corresponding ones for Dorn and Viconia (the two party members that are valid matches), as well as the variables that check whether the NPC is a valid match for characters that are not currently in the party (Jaheira) or have not even appeared yet (Aerie).

But apparently the game does not create any for Hexxat. Or, at the very least, I could not find any. Now, judging by what I can find for the other two, I would assume I need these:

HEXXATROMANEACTIVE 1
    HEXXATLOVETALKS 1
    HEXXATLOVETALKSTIMER xxx

Not sure on the nomenclature, but I don`t think it`s a stretch to assume it`s consistent with the other characters. Would this be correct? Or am I missing something else? I do not wish to temper with my saves before I have a degree of certainty it will actually work.

Help would be appreciated.
  • CarfaxCarfax Member Posts: 15
    shawne said:

You already have choice and options. You have four women to choose from. But by all means, troll away - you're only embarrassing yourself at this point.

You're making an arbitrary limitation on how many romances we can have, that's what's embarrassing.

I was going to make a Blackguard and have him romance Hexxat because we all know how the romance with Viconia ends.
    Wandering_Minstrel
  • 17651765 Member Posts: 71
    how could any woman resist these guns *flexes*
    AN_ALPACA_WADAFUK
    edited November 2013
    ^ put nicely. I must have missed that Carfax quote 'cos that is a classic. white-cis-male.txt
    Haukionkala
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Dee said:

@Quartz
    What I typically do is imagine that my character is outside of myself, and I'm just watching the events play out like a movie or a book. Dialogue options are just my way of saying "I want the story to go this way", but then you get to enjoy watching the relationship from the outside. I never really think, "This character is me"; it's more, "This character is someone I enjoy watching grow, and I happen to be pulling the strings."

100% this, however I do envy those who can get so lost in a RPG that they feel as one with their character. Because I basically suck, and it would be cool to forget that everytime I play a game. :)
    BasillicumQuartz
  • vampirelemattvampirelematt Member Posts: 7
    I think homophobes like Carfax are a vocal minority, and those who think as he does need to realize that playing a female character doesn't bring your sexuality into question, and neither does it undermine your gender identity. Even if there are individuals out there using this game to explore their feelings of gender dysphoria or questioning their sexuality, what would be inherently wrong with that? I think the game and the industry as a whole benefits from romance options that are not "old-school", like Hexxat. She is a fine addition.
    simplesKidCarnivalHaukionkala
  • vampirelemattvampirelematt Member Posts: 7
    Carfax said:

I was going to make a Blackguard and have him romance Hexxat because we all know how the romance with Viconia ends.

I am overjoyed that you can't without modding the game. :-)

KidCarnivalCthulhus_Mum
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited November 2013
    I was planning on romancing Hexxat with my male neutral evil Fighter/Cleric too, so when this turned out to be impossible I was really really...unconcerned. Meaning I didn't mind (it's not like I ever managed to get every single girl I fancied IRL either). On the contrary I thought it gave my character's progress a nice twist, because I had to deviate from "the plan", and it is starting to look like I'll have to go with Dorn. :P
    Post edited by Basillicum on
    KidCarnival
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    i wonder what would have happened if they had made a male character gay.. that would have been a shitstorm for sure
    Icecreamtub
    edited November 2013
    For weeks I would dream about the new female romance option in BG2:EE, some days I woke up flushed with sweat, unable to contain my excitement, small shivers running through my body. Slowly It took over my life, I whispered her name when no one could hear "...Hexxat". The pre-load seemed to take years, the wait to release day: centuries, escaping Irenicus's Dungeon: millennia. And now at last, my destiny is here, I have met Hexxat and she is everything I wanted and more. My life will soon be fulfilled, my existence given purpose. When will she sleep with me? the wait is torture, is my game bugged? Whats going on?

But no, she's gay. thanks a bunch Overhaul. Life ruined.

• GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2013
    @1765 @carfax
    I actually knew what she was going to be interested in when I first found out that the new character was going to be a female, since female charnames got the short end of the stick in the original BG2, being left with Anomen of all people, while the male charnames had three across all alignments. If she was heterosexual, I would have complained.
    BasillicumButtercheese
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    It was stupid to make it female only. So much fun lost. Oh well the rest of the game is a classic
    Wandering_Minstrel
  • Marcus01123Marcus01123 Member Posts: 21
    Hi people cool to see that you are still debating but I have another urgent question. I'm playing my female war mage girl now and have plans on romancing Hexxat if she offers me that coice, however Dorn recently insisted on sparring with me and after beating the shit out of this half-orc he contemplated more intimate sparring.

I'm not sure what to reply to Dorn considering my war mage girl does not mind experimenting around, however I fear that this would have influence on my choice of having Hexxat as romance? Can someone tell me if this will be a problem later on or if Hexxat romance starts regardless.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816

I do not like this.

I dated a young woman in early college who came out shortly after. I didn't like it either.

But hey - just as in life, video games now have characters that heterosexual males don't get to romance. And I'm ok with it because now players who are not heterosexual (or male, or either) get to have role playing experiences that were previously denied to them.

Not every character should bend to the sexual whims of the player. If you want to romance Hexxat, you might want to try RPing a female lesbian charname. Might be more interesting than you think ;)

• wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited November 2013
    Disappointing that shes lesbian but not really a big deal. I have Nera for a new romance option anyway. I've no doubt someones going to make a mod to make Hexxat bisexual since they have done so for Nera and Rasaad.
  • sersafirsersafir Member Posts: 126
    edited November 2013
    Kinda sad how guys don't get to romance humans. Just elves.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @sersafir: Technically, Hexxat isn't human either. :)
    @shawne Well its a shame women get so much diversity and guys only get pointy eared girls with magic and linear romances.
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    You know, I advocate player-sexual romances (because I believe it produces better results for the most part to have that as a standard, as otherwise non-heteronormative relationships frequently get left out), but in this case, I'm very glad that the EE team made Hexxat exclusively lesbian. Nobody should have to cater to bigots.
    KidCarnivalButtercheeseCthulhus_Mumjackjack
    edited November 2013
    @shawne
    shawne said:

@sersafir: Is it a shame? Really? Because the way I see it, BG2 owes women players (and women characters) a lot after sticking them with Anomen as the only option for fifteen years. So the scales are tilting the other way for once; cry me a damn river.

In my opinion, yes it is a shame. And no, I'm not crying anyone 'a river.' I'm just not purchasing until a good amount of mods/bugfixes/modding tutorials come out for it.

Males have been their biggest moneybase too, that's why they included 3 to 1. And Anomen had the most diverse romance comparable to Viconia, Aerie, and Jaheria.

He could go chaotic nuetral, and had alternate banters based on the options you chose. For guys it was just click the option that doesn't end the romance and get the next dialogue option an hour later. Woohoo...

And don't even get me started on the personalities. You can romance the crying bird, your godmother with a downgraded portrait, or the condescending drow who's had several husbands before you...
    Ayiekie said:

You know, I advocate player-sexual romances (because I believe it produces better results for the most part to have that as a standard, as otherwise non-heteronormative relationships frequently get left out), but in this case, I'm very glad that the EE team made Hexxat exclusively lesbian. Nobody should have to cater to bigots.

How is heterosexual romance biggoted?
    Post edited by sersafir on
    Wandering_Minstrel
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    sersafir said:

How is heterosexual romance biggoted?

It isn't. Several of the people demanding it, and the reasons they are doing so, are.

zupskyKidCarnivalButtercheesejackjack
This discussion has been closed.