Skip to content

Why I am unhappy with Hexxat *spoiler*

14567810»

Comments

• tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    I want to be able to enjoy the content with my character. Male dwarf. But i see NO reason why a half orc should get it etc. Does not affect my fun
    It is of course meant to say : i see no reason why a half orc should not get it etc
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    While I was initially surprised that Hexxat was a lesbian, I realized that it kinda just made it even between male and female characters having an even amount of romances... actually scratch that; because if what I heard about Dorn is true, male characters get *5* romance options and female characters only get 4. So the male audience still wins out.

Male players just want to explore new openings I guess :P
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223

A comapny lives and dies with its customers satisfaction.

Luckily, some of the customers are quite satisfied by the creative freedoms that the devs enjoy. That being said, there are limits to every other NPC in the game. And Hexxat will not date men. Get over it.

This is actually why I think that romance is a bad idea in games. Someone will always take it personal. Leave it to imagination. There was no romance option to Lara Croft but we all 'romanced' her right?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    My female character is rather sad because she can't get it on with Aerie. :(
    EmmiAlexisisinneedBaldursCatsemiticgoddess
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    onan said:

A comapny lives and dies with its customers satisfaction.

Luckily, some of the customers are quite satisfied by the creative freedoms that the devs enjoy. That being said, there are limits to every other NPC in the game. And Hexxat will not date men. Get over it.

This is actually why I think that romance is a bad idea in games. Someone will always take it personal. Leave it to imagination. There was no romance option to Lara Croft but we all 'romanced' her right?
    That's an interesting comparison - I know it wasn't an RPG, but didn't she have romance plotlines in one or two of her games? Certainly in the movies.

Were gamers unable to play those games because they found her non-heterosexual-male romances too impossible to relate to? Put yourselves in the characters' shoes and use your imaginations, that's what role-playing is all about :)
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    edited November 2013
    Not every female you meet in life is 'romanceable'. While personally I find it to be poorly executed by nature that's how it is. We need to get over it.

On another note did I state how much great a Clara-dlc would be?
    Emmionan
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @LiamEsler: Early on in this thread you wondered about people's fascination for Clara. I think this can be easily explained. It's the old psychological phenomenon of something only hinted at, not actually given. People are fascinated by Clara because they have only the briefest of experiences with her, and after that, everything is taken away. This way, she is much more alluring than she would be if we actually knew everything about her.

J.R.R. Tolkien, for instance, knew this extremely well, as you can see from his posthumously published letters. He deliberately only hinted at certain things in his private mythology, because he knew that a mystery is more enduring than its solution. This is also the reason why many sci-fi novels begin extremely well but end in a let-down: creating a situation is much easier than resolving it satisfactorily.

Hats off to a well-executed trick!
    JuliusBorisovelminsterrae
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    I seriously don't understand the obsession with Clara. People complain about Hexxat's personality, and are clamoring for Clara DLC when frankly Clara had no personality at all.

I really feel people are mad that they got rid of a pretty white girl who had no personality to disagree with so they could instill their personal fantasies upon for a black vampire, despite Hexxat being beautiful in her own right and actually having an interesting story. Clara's stats were mediocre, and her voice frankly annoying. Her death is a tragedy as she is a victim, but also aren't we recruiting Hexxat for an evil party anyway. I feel like filling out Clara is unnecessary because first off, she clearly wasn't cut out for adventuring in the first place (her stats are throughly mediocre) and what little backstory we have for her implies she had a different sort of career she was aiming for before the whole mental domination thing. Being an actress doesn't necessarily equate to the bard/thief classes, and certainly doesn't equate to wanting to pursue an adventuring lifestyle.

I feel like people are more attached to the idea of Clara as a playable character, then the actual implementation or how it actually effects the story. Clara's death is a necessary thing, because it illustrates upon the first moment of actually meeting Hexxat, that she will do anything to survive, even if it means someone else has to die for it.

It's a character defining moment.

I think it's true that some things in recruiting Hexxat could be improved, but most of those have already been touched upon earlier in the thread. But I'd rather have Hexxat as she is without Clara DLC.
    DrugarLordRumfish
    Funny how much you want my and many more peoples fun to be less. You make up all kind of excuses for it but im not convinced. It was a poor choice seen clearly by the complaints
  • TalarashaTalarasha Member Posts: 62

You consider this woman an "ugly fetish"?

Well, yeah. I believe she is just burn my eyes from their sockets by her ugly look. Although I must admit that this is a subjective term. As people say at my country, "there is no friend in matters of taste and colour" :3

From what I see so far, I definetly have negative feeling about this character appearence, voice and speech lines. On the other hand, the second girl have interesting resemblence with entropy-follower girl from BG1 ("Lantern" ship-tavern) - voice and such. I find that curious and worth exploring.

So yes, definetly for Clara-DLC.
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    Wouldn't that neck stretching device count as body modification fetish?

As for her joining us, I don't know - it was rather strange for a clearly ill and confused woman to randomly take up arms and fight with a party of experienced adventurers
    booinyoureyeslethaltoconcrete
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178

You consider this woman an "ugly fetish"?

Yes i do.
    She is an ugly fetish.
This discussion has been closed.