Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    zerkesh said:

So uhm... *fidget* Imoen Romance mod?

... Don't judge me!

http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/

@zerkesh you better call Saul :D

• DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    Hey! Just because you were friends during childhood and share "essence" of shapeshifting god does not make it incest! Leave Imoen Romance alone! Umm... I mean, do not leave it alone, make it compatible if possible, just stop judging :P
  • XellosXellos Member Posts: 16
    I've also had problems with the mods since the latest Steam update. I tried reinstalling but now the game won't start at all, worrying that I may have to wipe everything and start from scratch. Anyone know why the 'Invalid: ######' stuff is happening? :/
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    This is supposed to be a mod compatibility topic not a mod bashing topic. I don't agree with a lot of mods out there but I'm not going to trash them. Why don't we stay on the topic?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,711
    Uhm, because I was mentioned in one of the posts -- yeah, TotDG is there for EE, The White Queen is in progress, same goes for Innershade...but I Shall Never Forget is available for EE, just like EE. And it's also a quest mod.
    More updates from me in a while.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @CoM_Solaufein - Agreed. Let's please keep this on topic :) If anyone wants to *review* mods we'd love to see that... in a separate mod review thread! :D
  • GSmith84GSmith84 Member Posts: 25
    Xellos said:

I've also had problems with the mods since the latest Steam update. I tried reinstalling but now the game won't start at all, worrying that I may have to wipe everything and start from scratch. Anyone know why the 'Invalid: ######' stuff is happening? :/

What I did was created a backup of my BG2 folder before I ever added mods. I just deleted the modded folder, restored my backup and through steam I went Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache and it performed an update of like 25 files it said I had out of sync.

Then I went through and re-installed all the mods and its fixed. Turns out that guy's name is Barney :P I didn't need to start a new game, I picked up from my save and so far alt-tabbing like a beast and no crashes and no save issues.
  • XellosXellos Member Posts: 16
    Yeah, I nuked the local game files and then reinstalled, and reinstalled the mods. Saves work fine now. Guess I'll have to be careful about Steam auto-updates. :)
  • FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
  • MasacruAlexMasacruAlex Member Posts: 9
    should I bother with this patch since it seem to break some mods and such?
  • NamikNamik Member Posts: 11
    Anyone else have a problem with one of the mods making game crash when you are in Slums during a night ? I've been trying to do quet "Lord Leoncourt's treasure chest" but I just can't be outside in Slums when is night. Any ideas which mod might couse it ? (I've already reinstalled game and mods and the problem remains).
    edited November 2013
    The Assassination's mod is bugged, gives #invalid when you talk to the woman, I've tried reinstalling it, it just gives a weird blue text now that goes out of the screen and you can't read it all.. I wonder if it messed the banters as well

Screw it, good thing I've made a whole folder backup, I'm using the backup before the new 1.2 patch, no point to have everything messed up after progress for a few fixes that didn't affect me in anyway.
  • FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    Foggy said:

@Frkun Kulyok's Sellswords and Back to Brynnlaw are both quality mods with great writing, perfect coding and dynamic quests. In The Sellswords you'll explore the Underdark city of Menzoberranzan in a different approach from Ust Natha. To fight boredom in vanilla underdark, take an EE party. The new NPCs make it quite colorful.

Lava's Tales of the Deep Gardens is a rich quest mod, hopefully he'll update the White Queen and Eilistraee's Song, good additions to the game and blend seamlessly.

Ascension is a must. It expands ToB and make it considerably more interesting and challenging, also great synergy with Wheels of Prophecy.

I don't know about a mod that speeds the game, but the Banter Packs have the option to accelerate banters frenquency allowing speed runs without missing much of the (vanilla) party interactions.

That's amazing! Thanks for your comments. I am looking forward to installs these mods.
  • WrainWrain Member Posts: 6
    I have a problem with BG2 Tweaks and Rogue Rebalancing. Probably other mods have the same issue since they both give me the following problem: when I start a new game with a predefined character all work fine and well but as soon as I start the game with a custom character the screen goes black. the game freeze and I can't do anything.

I followed the order that is suggested in the first page and I have installed only unfinished business before BG2 Tweaks or Rogue Rebalancing.

Anyone else have the same problem?
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    Just a heads up, the mods are not bugged, updating mods and patching a modded game in the middle of a playthrough gives errors in your old version saves.
    BG mods always worked like that, upgrade, then reinstall respecting the listed order, start a new playthrough if you want to enjoy the mods, old modded saves are pretty much unplayable.
  • fatnlazyfatnlazy Member Posts: 24
    Just curious. Why were so many mods compatible so quickly with BG2EE? Don't get me wrong, I love it. I'm just surprised that almost all my usual mods were available as soon as I bought the game.
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    edited November 2013
    Is there someone in particular who we should thank/ask/shout at that is handling Ascension compatibility? It would be a shame if everyone was waiting for someone else to do it.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Deltharis said:

Is there someone in particular who we should thank/ask/shout at that is handling Ascension compatibility? It would be a shame if everyone was waiting for someone else to do it.

Pretty sure that @Cuv is handling it.
  • FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
    @fatnlazy
    Most of these mods are very old. They were made for original BG2 but their authors have made tweaks to make them compatible with BG2:EE
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    fatnlazy said:

Just curious. Why were so many mods compatible so quickly with BG2EE? Don't get me wrong, I love it. I'm just surprised that almost all my usual mods were available as soon as I bought the game.

@fatnlazy Most BG1 mods were not actually made for Vanilla BG1 but for Tutu or the Trilogy, so they all reference to areas by different codes, for instance.

BG 2 mods do not have this problem as mos of them were made for the vanilla version and reference the different resources by the correct name.
  • SanjuroSanjuro Member Posts: 7
    I assume I can't install Item Upgrade Mod after latest patch. I still have to copy dialog.tlk to main folder because setup program can't find it elsewhere, but it says error Neera bla bla, can't copy it. It just wont work for me.
  • jpersinnejpersinne Member Posts: 23
    Yeah; ever since the patch, I've been getting a lot of "Invalid#" NPCs. Reinstalling all the mods in the correct order just leads to them having bizarre names, obviously plucked from erroneous indices in the .tlk.

While there are quite a few of these NPCs, none of them have been of the important variety yet. Is this issue likely only to arise with NPCs added by mods, then? And if so, would it be safe to continue playing, or is it pretty much necessary for me to start a new game?
  • AsherDantaisAsherDantais Member Posts: 9
    I had to start a new game myself because of it, which isn't so bad. It was only because of an NPC mod, all the others remain fine as far as I could tell on the save file.
  • KilmantorKilmantor Member Posts: 34
    Sanjuro said:

I assume I can't install Item Upgrade Mod after latest patch. I still have to copy dialog.tlk to main folder because setup program can't find it elsewhere, but it says error Neera bla bla, can't copy it. It just wont work for me.

My Installation went fine.

BTW: Is there a version of the ShadowKeeper compatible with BG2:EE and the latest patch?

• SanjuroSanjuro Member Posts: 7
    Kilmantor said:

Sanjuro said:

My Installation went fine.

BTW: Is there a version of the ShadowKeeper compatible with BG2:EE and the latest patch?

And may I ask how did you installed it? I downloaded latest WeiDU (v236.00) and installed it by copying one folder (examples) and weidu.exe as one guide I found stated (I'm new to mods) and than installed Item Upgrade mod following this http://weidu.org/item.html. I don't understand why I have to copy dialog.tlk to main folder. IUmod can't find it in lang folder. I thought EE structure is the same as the old BG2+ToB and if not, latest WeiDU supports EE. So after the dialog.tlk is in main folder I can attempt to install it but it fails and the error is really about new NPC (Neera as I said before). So I assume it has to do something about the latest patch, since it's all about new NPC's bugs.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Hey everyone, I tried to install 'Nathaniel' today, and it didn't cooperate with me.
    The readme files says "Place Nathaniel.exe anywhere on your drive and run it". But when I did that, I got a message "Fatal error, not a game directory". I tried putting the .exe file and accompanying folder in the folder where the bulk of the game is installed, and in the folder in 'my documents' where the saves are stored, but still no go. What am I doing wrong?
    edited November 2013
    Syntia13 said:

Hey everyone, I tried to install 'Nathaniel' today, and it didn't cooperate with me.
    The readme files says "Place Nathaniel.exe anywhere on your drive and run it". But when I did that, I got a message "Fatal error, not a game directory". I tried putting the .exe file and accompanying folder in the folder where the bulk of the game is installed, and in the folder in 'my documents' where the saves are stored, but still no go. What am I doing wrong?

new to modding as well but when I got that error what I did was, Ive extracted the rar (mod) into the game's main folder where the exe is then I simply ran the setup and it worked, I then followed the command prompt thing, typed in "i" to install. Just make sure to have it exctracted in the main folder and make sure you place the content of the rar in and in case the rar content comes in a folder, copy the stuff within the folder there.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2013
    does the "Romance Cheats" component of the tweak pack affect the BG2EE romances, specifically Neera? or if I want to romance her with a female char, will I need to work around those issues by... khmm... masquerading as a male to the game?

edit: dug around the tweak pack files (how has this not occurred to me sooner...), no, it doesn't.
    Post edited by DinsdalePiranha on
This discussion has been closed.