Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    @Troodon80 Noope, I don't think that's it. I've given opcode in hex (probably should have noted so somewhere, sorry), Force Visible is correctly labeled and is opcode 0x88 (which is 136 decimal). Opcode 0x136 (310) is nowhere to be found.
    And ok, I can of course wait for the overhaul. Should I report any other inconsistencies when/if I find them?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Deltharis, if it is not there, then you can edit the list by going to Settings->Lists->Affects. Just press Add, then input "Protection from Timestop," and fill the in the opcode number decimal or hex (it can convert itself if you just enter 310). There are quite a few that were missing (I've added a couple dozen since the initial release, but have held off filling them all in due to the future planned overhaul).

And, yes, if you find any other inconsistencies then do please report them. :)
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    edited November 2013
    Hi I my game is bugged. So I am trying to make this EEkeepee work. But I can not.
    Why will it not find my saved games? I click on settings then find my Disk C then my Baldurs Gate file then click that to select it. I close the EEkeeper then restart it and it the save games part is blank! How do I get it to select the saved games?
    @Beowulf, are you using Mac or PC?

Your save games should automatically be detected if you have the installation directories set up correctly. Can you let me know what your installation directory settings look like?
  • mic6mic6 Member Posts: 8
    Are the anyway to mod spell/powers effects to last longer? for instance I wouldn't mind doubling the duration on all buff spells and powers instead of having to micro management everything. Or are the already a mod for this that works with bg2 ee?
    edited November 2013
    Right - sorry posted too much info on that paste. But yes I am not sure is it the save folder or the Baldur's Gate folder I want to click for the settings>

• HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    @mic6
    Yes!
    I haven't tested it myself.
    But I found this quote
    "#99 (0x063) Spell Effect: Duration Modifier [99]
    Parameter #1: Duration Modifier
    Parameter #2: Type
    Description:
    Alters spell durations of the targeted creature(s), to the percentage specified by the 'Duration Modifier' field, affecting the spell type specified by the 'Type' field. Timing mode 0 is the only timing mode reliably affected. Timings handled through PRO files are ignored.

eg.
    'Duration Modifier' = 0 -> Spells have no duration
    'Duration Modifier' = 100 -> Spells have normal duration
    'Duration Modifier' = 200 -> Spells have double duration

Known values for 'Type' are:
    0 Mage
    1 Priest"

If you have issues setting it up as a affect let me know.
    Troodon80mic6
  • SgthawkerSgthawker Member Posts: 31
    Beowulf said:

Hi I my game is bugged. So I am trying to make this EEkeepee work. But I can not.
    Why will it not find my saved games? I click on settings then find my Disk C then my Baldurs Gate file then click that to select it. I close the EEkeeper then restart it and it the save games part is blank! How do I get it to select the saved games?

You must point not directly to the Baldur's Gate folder, but the sub folder within it that contains the chitin.key file. It is commonly sub folder data\sub folder 00766\ or some such depending on whether you have a PC or Mac, and where you purchase the game.
    Troodon80
    Heas said:

@mic6
    Yes!
    I haven't tested it myself.
    But I found this quote
    "#99 (0x063) Spell Effect: Duration Modifier [99]
    Parameter #1: Duration Modifier
    Parameter #2: Type
    Description:
    Alters spell durations of the targeted creature(s), to the percentage specified by the 'Duration Modifier' field, affecting the spell type specified by the 'Type' field. Timing mode 0 is the only timing mode reliably affected. Timings handled through PRO files are ignored.

Thanks Heas, can I change this with EE Keeper or do I need another tool? Wasn't able to find it when playing around in EE keeper.
    Well I can not find the file. There is a "Data" file 'save' file 'crash' file ScrnShot' file all inside a "Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition" folder. I have tried the main folder, save folder, individual save files, and the 'data' file none of them then show up for 'saves' when I click on the tab. I have a windows 8.1 new desktop and am showing 'hidden files too. No idea where chitin files are. Anyway it is too bad the game still sometimes wipes items... But the patch seemed to stop the crashes so overall it is running stable... I guess I should just play a multiple player game so I can dump items on a new character and start a saved game with them.... after they get lost to buggyness.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Beowulf said:

Well I can not find the file. There is a "Data" file 'save' file 'crash' file ScrnShot' file all inside a "Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition" folder. I have tried the main folder, save folder, individual save files, and the 'data' file none of them then show up for 'saves' when I click on the tab. I have a windows 8.1 new desktop and am showing 'hidden files too. No idea where chitin files are. Anyway it is too bad the game still sometimes wipes items... But the patch seemed to stop the crashes so overall it is running stable... I guess I should just play a multiple player game so I can dump items on a new character and start a saved game with them.... after they get lost to buggyness.

Are those the ones in the Documents folder? That's not the install directory. The install directory should be Program Files/Beamdog or somesuch.
    edited November 2013
    @Beowulf, are you using the Beamdog client or the standalone launcher?

If you are using the Beamdog client then you can follow the instruction located here (Edit: forgot the link) in order to find your games' installation directory.

If you are using the standalone launcher, then there should be a shortcut somewhere (I would say the Start menu, but you wouldn't have the same traditional Start menu as I do, so I have no idea, but it might be on the desktop), so all you need to right click that and open the location; follow on from that location, there should be a Data folder and (assuming PC, and BG2:EE) a folder called '00783'. 00783 is the directory you want.

See my second post back on the first page, the FAQ, for an example picture of what the Installation Directory settings should look like.

Once you have the installation settings set up, you should be able to load the game resources using the buttons on the toolbar. After that, your save games should appear in the Open Save Game dialog.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2013
    @mic6 EEkeeper is enough for that.
    In EEkeeper go to the affects tab and press "Add" And then "Edit".
    Then make sure your Affect windows looks like this:

Changing the value from 200 to 400 will give you 4 times the duration instead of just double.
    Changing to modifier from 0 to 1 will affect Priest spells instead of Mage Spells.
    Hope that helps. :)
    Troodon80mic6
    oh thanks it was the number file you said Cheers! Sorry for spamming - I hope you have a good life and many friendly hamster friends too.
    Troodon80
    thanks that looks perfect
    HeasTroodon80
  • YvanobiYvanobi Member Posts: 3
    Hey people, i just wanted to say that EEkeeper is so much love. I just come to play the De arnise quest, and i didnt fight the golem in the quest, and as im a warrior i accepted the Lord title and lost everything of the cool loot. i was about to stop playing the best game of all time imo, and than the magic came and i could get the item even with this lame a## bug. Thank you so much guys ( i kind of feel stupid for looking a 7 hours sooner game save to redo my conversation with aerie now lol )
    Troodon80
  • YvanobiYvanobi Member Posts: 3
    the problem is i feel like god and kind of pointless to work so hard to get cromfaeyr :p ( btw, i couldnt find the state of ROMANCE_PT, just the LOVETALK 47 or something like that )
    Troodon80
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Windows 7, EEKeeper 1.0.2.1, BG1EE

I can't check both Black Pits and Multiplayer. Thus, I can't access my Black Pits Multiplayer save files!
    Troodon80
    edited December 2013
    @Endarire,

I didn't even realise that there is folder called /mpbpsave/. I'll get that fixed in the next build (not the one coming... Soon™).

In the mean time, you should be able to use the custom save game location.
  • pdbulanpdbulan Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    Hello, I am having a but of trouble with EE keeper regarding save files for the steam version of both games. What file is supposed to be loaded and Does anyone know where it is located?
    Thanks.
    Edit- I have fixed the problem.

To location of the directory would be the folder the .exe is located
    Post edited by pdbulan on
    edited December 2013
    @pdbulan, all you need to do is find the installation directory. Generic instructions on how to find the correct directory for Steam can be found here. Once those options have been set up, and you have selected the game (using one of the two buttons on the toolbar), you should only need to press the open button on the toolbar. A list of save games will be presented to you for the game you have chosen; be that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition or Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.

Edit: Glad to see it is fixed.
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to insert a new CHARNAME into a saved game or to replace a character within a saved game? Kinda like what LETO let us do in Neverwinter Nights RPG. Thanks in advance.
  • ray_midgeray_midge Member Posts: 4
    Troodon80 said:

Once those options have been set up, and you have selected the game (using one of the two buttons on the toolbar), you should only need to press the open button on the toolbar. A list of save games will be presented to you for the game you have chosen; be that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition or Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.

this, unfortunately, did not work for me;
    ee keeper seemed to recognize my baldur's gate installation file just fine (it was the steam version) - it seemed to properly index resources and everything.
    but i'm having the same problem as beowulf above; when i click on the open saved game tab, i would point it to the saved game directory (the one with the BALDUR.gam and BALDUR.SAV files), but nothing would show up in the empty box.
    for some reason, my save games are put into a different directory than the installation files. maybe that's why it's acting funny?

edited December 2013
    @ray_midge, are you using the custom save location? You shouldn't need to, but if you are then you don't want to use the directory with BALDUR.GAM and BALDUR.SAV in it, you need to go up one directory.

Instructions were difficult to put into words, but basically you need to emulate the \save\ directory. Example, and workaround for multiplayer Black Pits:

[spoiler=BPSpoiler]image[/spoiler]

Save game 'scanning' is still the save as it was, so you need to pick the directory that contains other folders with the same naming sequence; e.g. '000000084-MySaveGame'. If, for some reason, you do not have a save directory located in the \Documents\Baldur's Gate (II, if applicable) - Enhanced Edition\ then you will need to point to where they are. This was to help with cross-platform where people would just copy their save games to a folder without having to create the complete BG/II:EE directory structure.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    @TakisMegas, you cannot currently insert a character into the party. I might change that in a future build.
    mlnevesejackjack
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    Troodon80 said:

@TakisMegas, you cannot currently insert a character into the party. I might change that in a future build.

I appreciate your quick reply and anxiously await this feature in a future build. Thanks so much for your time and effort.
  • ray_midgeray_midge Member Posts: 4
    Troodon,

I have tried using that particular "save" subdirectory containg the "000001-Quick-Save" file; I've also tried using the one above it ("Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition"), the one below it (the "000001-Quick-Save" file itself), and nothing doing;
    I tried all combinations with the "Custom Save Directory" option turned both on and off.
    Below I included a print screen of the directory of the save files, and me trying to point to that directory in the Load Saved Game screen in EE Keeper.

Also, thanks for the quick reply and all; you're a great man
    @ray_midge, it might sound like a silly question, but did you make sure to load the BG1:EE resources by pressing the BG1:EE button on the toolbar? Otherwise, I cannot see any reason why it would not load.

Regardless of the above question, the directory you want is the \save\ directory, then check the box that says "Use Custom Save Directory." In the screenshot you have attached, if you remove the 000000001-Quick-Save, then copy and paste from the address bar into where it says browse, then check the box to use that directory, it should detect any save games you have in there.

Any chance you could upload a screenshot of the interface along with the Installation Settings, like this:

I can see if there's a problem with the directory settings and also what set of resources are currently loaded.

• manyfistmanyfist Member Posts: 6
    I have problem, for BG2EE I bought from Beamdog's site. When I go to edit the NPCs, several things jump out. First it's showing some NPCs from BG1 that aren't in BG2. Like Xzar, and it's not showing any the new NPCs. Instead Imoen is shown like 3-4 times.