Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

1272829303133»

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited November 2013
    Oops, nevermind.
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    Will you guys provide any hints on your next projects (outside the EE of BG) soon?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @agentmulder BGII:EE was only just released, and we're still hard at work patching that. Check back in six months. ;)
    JuliusBorisov
  • podpity_joepodpity_joe Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2013
    Where exactly can I find Rassaad after I kicked him out of my party and told him to wait in Trademeet?
    EDIT
    Ok i found him near the fountain. He was all blurry because of that cloak he wore so I simply overlooked him.
    Post edited by podpity_joe on
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    There must be some bug that's preventing my spellcasters from being able to memorize 9th level spells, right? Not some new feature? Because now they're able to cast 9th level spells but they still can't memorize them.. So what's up with that? ;)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What's your character's Intelligence? You need an Intelligence of 18 in order to learn level 9 spells.
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2013
    JosefineS said:

There must be some bug that's preventing my spellcasters from being able to memorize 9th level spells, right? Not some new feature? Because now they're able to cast 9th level spells but they still can't memorize them.. So what's up with that? ;)

Actually in all likelihood your problem relates to a bug with the original game that was fixed. Just drink a Potion of Genius or Potion of Mind Focussing (you can buy them at many of the games temples) and you should be fine to learn those spells. At least as long as they have a minimum of 18 intelligence.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @Dee Oh I see.. The only mages in my party are Neera and Imoen and neither have 18int so that explains it. Thanks!
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2013
    For Nalia, Imoen, Neera and Sarevok there's Golden Ioun Stone. For everything else, there's Aerie's delicious tea go suck on a turni hardcore dru potions of genius. Either that or Long Circle the Blue, Smarty.
    AdulCrevsDaak
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Im sorry to bug but I have Baldurs Gate 1 Enhanced Edition which worked just fine on my mac computer until the major patch. Is there a new patch that might fix this? I made a thread and trent said he would work on it but nothing's happened yet. Can anyone help me with this. The game worked for 6 playthroughs so it couldn't be anything I did. Is there a way to go back to previous patch?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @DKnight Do you use OSX Time Machine? If you do just return the BG folder to a date before the update.
    mlnevese said:

@DKnight Do you use OSX Time Machine? If you do just return the BG folder to a date before the update.

1-Will I lose saved game files that were before?

2-What is the date before the update? I got it the day of the update. I don't know it.

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    You could always copy the saves to a USB key.
    mlneveseCrevsDaak
    edited December 2013
    jackjack said:

You could always copy the saves to a USB key.

This is one of the issues. I don't know what the fuck anyone's talking about. I'm decent at computers and can get things to work for them but compared to everyone else I don't know anything. Everyone else in the family knows less then me so they are even more screwed, lol.
    Your saves are located in a different directory from the game's application; if you revert the Baldur's Gate folder in your Applications library (and only that folder), your saved games will be safe.
    Dee said:

Your saves are located in a different directory from the game's application; if you revert the Baldur's Gate folder in your Applications library (and only that folder), your saved games will be safe.

I moved the saves somewhere else when I decided to. If I move them back how do I use the time machine?
    NVM, I don't know what I did but it works. Thank you for your help.
    jackjackmlnevese
    I'm going to close and archive this thread, as it's gotten a little unwieldy. When there's a little more time to answer questions I'll start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.