Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• GeoAvantiGeoAvanti Member Posts: 2
    I saw them asked about earlier on the list, so I went ahead and checked a few myself.

First, the Sheena Half-Dragon mod (http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~sheenaslair/Index.htm). Seems to work just fine. I haven't tested it to truly excessive levels, but I've experienced no glaring issues while using it. If it's not 100% compatible, it's durn close.

Second, Tyris Flair (http://www.gibberlings3.net/tyris/). Works just fine out of the box, for me. Ran both her and Sheena for the sake of trying to test both as well as I could, and suffered no glaring issues. Without a lot more man hours for testing, I doubt I can find much game-breaking in them, as I tried most of the obvious things. As above, I can't guarantee that it is 100%, but I'm through SoA with both of them, and I had no issues related to either.
  • kaldgordkaldgord Member Posts: 29

Check the first post of this topic.

kaldgord said:

I've installed the Kindrek mod, and it seem to work just fine, the only problem is that he doesn't have voice acting. I think I saw somewhere that there was a version of kindrek with voice, does anyone know where I can download it for BG2EE ?

I did, that's where I got the kindrek mod in the first place, but the link points to the forum, and over there, in the download links section, there is only one file for kindrek, that's the one I'm using and it has no voice acting sounds at all.
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    Any way to make Weimer's Item Upgrade work with BG2:EE or an ETA on when it's gonna be compatible? Thanks.
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297

Any way to make Weimer's Item Upgrade work with BG2:EE or an ETA on when it's gonna be compatible? Thanks.

It is already compatible with BG2EE and works perfectly with no coflicts whatsoever.
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    Foggy said:

It is already compatible with BG2EE and works perfectly with no coflicts whatsoever.

Thank you very much. :)
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    is there a mod that makes evil NPCs happy in your party at heroic reputation? BGtweaks only does neutral happy comments at high rep
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2013
    @Ryofu I'm pretty sure BGtweaks has the happy patch component too....
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    i am using that, it only makes neutral NPCs make happy comments at high rep. evil npcs still whine and complain. i just want everyone to be happy :(
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Ryofu said:

i am using that, it only makes neutral NPCs make happy comments at high rep. evil npcs still whine and complain. i just want everyone to be happy :(

Then maybe don't use Evil NPCs =P
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Ryofu said:

Eh, well in that case, um just do a little rep management, no biggie lol
  • ObsydianShadeObsydianShade Member Posts: 3
    Or, you can use EE Keeper to change their alignments to something more neutral.
  • XellosXellos Member Posts: 16
    You don't need them to be happy, you just need them not to leave. Tweaks works fine for that - I had Hexxat and Dorn at 20 reputation and they didn't care.
  • GreenEnergyGreenEnergy Member Posts: 8
    I know that wasn't advice for me but thank you ObsydianShade:), EE Keeper 1.0.2.1 is what I needed!:) I couldn't find this editor compatible with BG2:EE, shame on me:)

BUT

I FINALLY FIGURED OUT A WAY TO KEEP ANOMEN AND KELDORN WITH HEXXAT !!! :D

All you need to do is open your save with this program, go to global variables and set very big values (999999999999999) for:
    OHH_ANOMENTALKS and OHH_KELDORNTALKS

that's all :D

I just hope it will not ruin their other talks. If so, I'll let you know.
  • AmeraAmera Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2013
    GeoAvanti said:

I saw them asked about earlier on the list, so I went ahead and checked a few myself.

Second, Tyris Flair (http://www.gibberlings3.net/tyris/). Works just fine out of the box, for me. Ran both her and Sheena for the sake of trying to test both as well as I could, and suffered no glaring issues. Without a lot more man hours for testing, I doubt I can find much game-breaking in them, as I tried most of the obvious things. As above, I can't guarantee that it is 100%, but I'm through SoA with both of them, and I had no issues related to either.

Tyris seems to need the dialog.tlk file moved or at least copied. I hope this won't mess anything else up?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You probably want to move it back after adding the mod, but otherwise I doubt it'd be an issue.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Does anyone know how the Gavin NPC is coming around? Is it likely going to be EE compatiable?
  • zerkeshzerkesh Member Posts: 3
    Imoen Romance
    http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/

It works but needs a small tweak to work and newest Weidu.
    http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3759#p3759<-- installation notes

Should be considered untested though
  • TeraAkronTeraAkron Member Posts: 10
    Is it possible to get an update on the status of an updated Ascension mod? I know many, many people who are waiting just for it to buy BG2EE or begin a campaign.

Thank you.
  • FredtaFredta Member Posts: 3
    I know you are probably bombarded with requests, and I am sorry but I have another one. I like to play Morituri on the higher levels. Any chance you might get that ready for EE?
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Is it safe now to use non-english translation of mods? If not then is there any work-around for this?
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    @Xellos
    Tweaks work for when they are in the team. However they (at least Hexxat) seem to have separate rep check implemented in their join-up talk. While Hexxat wouldn't leave my party, when I had her go away to get Nalia for a while and then wanted her back she wouldn't join due to reputation.
  • JS82JS82 Member Posts: 15
    Any news on rest of colors of infinity?
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone had the problem with the Bg2 tweaks where all your commoners look like they were dipped in chocolate? Someone else posted this on the gibberling forums but there hasn't been a response. I don't even have the option enabled and I did a clean install.

• WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    Amera said:

Has anyone had the problem with the Bg2 tweaks where all your commoners look like they were dipped in chocolate? Someone else posted this on the gibberling forums but there hasn't been a response. I don't even have the option enabled and I did a clean install.

Yeah, it is the bg2 tweaks "commoners in drab colors" option. I noticed it and uninstalled that part of the mod and I got the colors back, but in only in place I had not already visited.
    Yeah, I actually reinstalled the entire game and didn't install that option this time...and they are still brown!

Only in that area, though, so not a huge deal.
  • joeyoakleyjoeyoakley Member Posts: 2
    hey guys, I wonder if there is someone who could help me, im searching for a way to edit my characters stats/class on the BGEE 2 like a trainer. Im not so hot on my computer which is a mac by the way, so if someone could explain it to me like they are talking to a child i would much appreciate it!! thanks alot people - keep up the good work!
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    @joeyoakley - you probably should have started a new discussion, it doesn't fit in this thread.
    And I was going to offer you advice until I noticed you were on a mac. Macs are hard. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25118/ee-keeper-for-os-x-via-wineskin-updated-to-1-0-2-2#latest - that is the program you want, but I'm not sure how simple can instructions for running it be made.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Amera said:

Yeah, I actually reinstalled the entire game and didn't install that option this time...and they are still brown!

Only in that area, though, so not a huge deal.

@Amera

If you are using the old savegames reinstalling the game and/or the mod without that component will not fix the issue. It affects only the areas already visited because these are the one stored in your savegames.

You have to start a new game for this particular change to take effect. But I agree that's not a huge deal so I would not recommend to restart just for that.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Is the De'Arnise Romance compatible with other mods? I remember reading elsewhere that it was not, but I'm wondering if the EE engine fixes that?
This discussion has been closed.