Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• FablewyndFablewynd Member Posts: 79
    edited December 2013
    I've been using that Famke Jansen and Milla Jovovich (the second one, not the Leeloo one) since Keyser Soze released them, a decade ago. I think they're some of the best portraits around. Nearly all his collection is great, though.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Request:

I've found this pic for my new Tiefling sorcerer, could any of you pro photoshop users change that flower into a flame (maybe a blue/violet/dark cool one) and that awful brick wall with another background?

Thanks!
  • MeepichiMeepichi Member Posts: 40
    Decided to edit my pic for the assassin I'm going to be playing on my 2nd run through BG 2 EE.
    IsandirSanctifer
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577

And here are the female Celebrities:

image Alyssa Milano
    image Angelina Jolie
    imageimage Cameron Diaz
    imageimage Human Cindy (commision, unknown person)
    imageimage Drow Cindy (commision, unknown person)
    image Famke Jansen
    imageimage Halle Berry
    imageimage Jennifer Connelly
    image Katherine Heigl
    imageimageimage Kati (commision, unknown person)
    imageimage Keira Knightley
    image LeeLoo Dallas ;D
    image Michelle (commision, unknown person)
    image Milla Jovovich
    imageimage Natasha Henstridge
    image Patricia Arquette
    image Rose McGowan
    imageimage Salma Hayek
    imageimage Sarah Michelle Gellar
    imageimage Shannon Elisabeth
    imageimage Victoria Silvsted
    image Callisto (Hudson Leick)

PS: It would be appreciated if anyone could add to this collection. Posting the large sizes of those I did not post. or if you just have different portraits from Karze, feel free to post them as well. Cause sadly some of these only have the small portrait size, and is useless for BG:EE and BG2:EE...

I'm having the exact opposite reaction to the female portraits. I wouldn't want to use most of the male celebs... but the females make for nice eye candy. I wouldn't turn them away from my party. :)
    Tamlen
  • vierraevierrae Member Posts: 103
    @nano
    Here's bmp version for you
    nano
    edited December 2013
    @SpaceInvader
    If you think it's ok, I can also change the background.

Post edited by vierrae on
  • GreenpaktoGreenpakto Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2013
    @Isandir: Great work on that one, as always ;) And it totally feels like an elf/half-elf! Didnt quite understand what you meant though... In your eyes shes not finished just yet, or did you mean that it took you a while to finish her?

PS: Even though some of those "celeb" portraits are quite good, they are nothing compared to your portraits... In fact yours are ten times better IMHO :) So keep it up man!
    But yea, if you do find that Vin Diesel one, feel free to post it :)
    Silverstar
    @vierrae sorry, I forgot to mention that I'd like it to give the impression he lighted up the cigarette with that flame! :)
    The flame I have in mind is something like this:

Thanks a lot!
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    @Isandir Beautiful concept and the model is quite attractive, I'd stare at her for a year too :) More seriously, that's a great elven lady portrait and I'd like to see you develop the concept in an NPC mod, also eagerly waiting for DSotSC new release.
    Not sure if this is the Vin Diesel portrait you mentioned, but it's the oldest I remember. Made by Phaere in 2004 for NWN as part of a series that gained her popularity in NWN vault.
    imageimageimage
    CrevsDaakRaistlin82Isandir
    @SpaceInvader ok, will try to tinker with it :)
    SpaceInvader
  • Smoke_JaguarSmoke_Jaguar Member Posts: 24

Hello comrades. I was wondering if, in their spare time, maybe someone can turn this picture of Melissa Clarke into a Baldur's Gate style portrait? I was hoping for a Thief/Assassin themed one.

Sadly my photomanip/artistic skills are not anywhere close to the level of some of the men and women on this forum.

http://i.imgur.com/dwTAf3O.jpg

Thanks to anyone than can help me out.

Posted this a couple weeks ago, just bumping to see if anyone was bored and wanted to give it a shot.
    I did this pretty quickly but how is something like this?
    That's pretty nice, thank you very much!
  • MeepichiMeepichi Member Posts: 40
    Isandir said:

I had been tempted to not post this one after looking at the model's image for close to a year now. The base picture was great, she looked like an elf, and I had the armor picked, but I just never actually put it together. Ideas of a NPC mod were floating around in my head, but since I never got started on it, I might as well post her here instead.

I personally think it's one of your best yet! I'm loving it! It just shows that artists are their own worst critics. Lord knows I am. I'm always thinking my stuff is utter crap after seeing some of the stuff you guys post. :(

@vierrae epic...
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    holy shit :o looks awesome!
  • doshidaniadoshidania Member Posts: 46
    @greenpakto
    Those look great!!
    Greenpakto
    edited December 2013
    @vierrae really, I'm speechless...
    On the dictionary, under the voice "Chaotic Neutral Tiefling Sorcerer" there should be this picture.
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
    CrevsDaak
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Has anyone ever baldurised a pic of Faith from Buffy? She'd fit my bitchy NE Blade to a tee, but can't seem to find an apposite image...
    If anyone has one tucked away I'd pledge them offer them a reward far beyond their puny understanding. (Probably just a cyber hug in truth)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Anyone know a good IPad app to use for baldurizing pics on the go?
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2013
    Ok, I've checked all my BG picture gallery trying to find EE NPC pictures look-a-likes.
    Well, actually I don't like the original EE NPC pictures in BG2EE too much, so I've decided to replace them with random custom pics, but only in BG2 style.
    For example, I'm very satisfied with this Dorn pic by AfroShero:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Probably, I'll make it a lil'bit darker later...

This will be my Baeloth (I want to import him to BG2EE as an NPC with his soundset etc.) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But there are several problems with Rasaad and Neera. They actually don't have much choice of custom pics.
    I agree here with most of the people that Rasaads pic fits to the game more then others. I just wanted to find a less darker pic or make his pic more lightly.
    But...
    I know, this is Balthazars pic, made by Ekida. But it's the only one very good monk pic that passes to the game. (there is another one good monk pic I've posted in this topic, but it was a female monk pic...)
    Sent a PM to @Isandir for help.

I know @Isandir is a busy man, but if you have some free time could you please edit this pic for Neera replacement too?
    Make her more pink or so =) Keep her original hair color, but make the white part of her hair pink or purple in Neera's style? And keep her face drawings but make them also pink or purple. Not sure about Olga Kurylenko for Neera's replacement, but if she were more pink... =)

The only Neera replacement pic I've found was (by AfroShero?):
    But she isn't pink at all. But more elvish. Can't decide with these two.

And Hexxat. Actually I was not going to replace her portrait, because I'm planning to go with a good party... To be honest I don't have much pics of black girls or vampires. Found nothing in this thread.
    But there is a good old Famke Jansen pic:
    If her skin colour would be more .. mixed (light brown like Halle Berry) I guess, not african black. And Is there a reason to make her armor white like her paperdoll? Well, since Hexxat is black, I wont to replace her pic with a white girl.. I need a black girl thief pic or a mixed girl pic.
    Any better ideas for Hexxat, guys?
    Post edited by DarkDogg on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'd like to quickly remind everyone that there are site rules about the use of copyrighted images in the creation of portraits: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19418/a-quick-note-about-copyright

This isn't the modding forum, but the same rules apply. Modifying copyrighted images for use as portraits (and in particular the works of Enkida and AfroShero, who have explicitly prohibited it) is not allowed. No one's in trouble (yet), but please be mindful, and respect the work of the artists.
  • KaziKazi Member Posts: 2
    Isandir said:

Next revision...my avatar! Before and after:

imageimage

Any chances that you could make those 2 as (half)drows ? I would really appreciate this ;) Thanks in advance.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Isandir said:

Isandir said:

I had been tempted to not post this one after looking at the model's image for close to a year now.

I'm glad you overcame that temptation. This picture is beautiful.
    SilverstarjackjackDeltaslayer
    @DarkDogg
    There are amazing portraits of Hexxat made by @Kamigoroshi on page 46.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Foggy said:

Astafas said:

I was a bit surprised by the lack of enthusiasm on this thread for my new Tiefling

Now us dudes we can't click like on the self portrait of another guy, can we :) , now Neera on the other hand.. Still, great tiefling portrait. Keep posting!
    We can, if it's a shirtless MySpace selfie.
    jackjackEudaemonium
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    vierrae said:

@DarkDogg

I much prefer this portrait included in BG2 (here slightly recropped bu me, to fit better in size) for Hexxat:

I don't know if it's a new PC portrait or made for some NPC late in the game that I haven't yet met?
    Alderic
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Astafas said:

I don't know if it's a new PC portrait or made for some NPC late in the game that I haven't yet met?

New pc portrait :)
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Astafas said:

vierrae said:

@DarkDogg

I much prefer this portrait included in BG2 (here slightly recropped bu me, to fit better in size) for Hexxat:

Woah, for Hexxat you would use this? This looks like a female Rasaad, or maybe his sister. It's about as wrong for Hexxat as replacing Irenicus' portrait for Minsc would be, in my opinion.

I hate to point it out, but among other things, she's sort of got the wrong skin color.

SophiavierraeEudaemoniumRaistlin82
This discussion has been closed.