Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• FlamedanceFlamedance Member Posts: 12
    @shadow85

Tactics and SCS are perfectly compatible, though it's probably not smart to install both Tactics' AND SCS' Improved Bodhi. I'd install only those parts of Tactics that have no SCS equivalent, like the Acid Kensai and maybe Improved Illyich (if you're feeling particularly masochistic). As far as i know Tactics isn't yet compatible with BGEE II . Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.
  • scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87
    Thank you very much for this, you got me all setup with limited searching!

Your a God send :)
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128

@shadow85

Tactics and SCS are perfectly compatible, though it's probably not smart to install both Tactics' AND SCS' Improved Bodhi. I'd install only those parts of Tactics that have no SCS equivalent, like the Acid Kensai and maybe Improved Illyich (if you're feeling particularly masochistic). As far as i know Tactics isn't yet compatible with BGEE II . Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.

Yes in the SCS readme it tells you what should and should not be compatible with tac tics.

Also why do you say tactics is not compatible with bg2ee?
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    any chance to see The Longer Road in this EE ?
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    is there a mod wich was tested and removes the XP cap and gives the HLA of mage to W/C/M??
  • noetnoet Member Posts: 1
    I see Kivan and Deheriana are still listed as In Progress.

I'm not 100% clear on what that means, because I don't really understand what adapting a mod from BgII to BgIIEE entails. Does that mean that the mod sort-of works but needs more testing?
  • BayazBayaz Member Posts: 22
    So does lvl 1 npcs work? If I install it mid-playthrough will it break my saves?
  • XellosXellos Member Posts: 16
    @Dzuk5: BG2 Tweaks can remove the XP cap (confirmed, I went waaaaay over the cap). You can check the documentation to see if it also lets you add the mage HLA, but my guess is it does.
  • lgoon17lgoon17 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, does anyone else have problem with access to www.pocketplane.net? Pages are loading for ages - with no ending.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Tsujatha back up. If you are using BG2EE only use the English translation. The other translations have characters that the game doesn't like and will crash.
  • doshidaniadoshidania Member Posts: 46
    I just tried it and the game crashed when he tried to join the party. Just like before.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    What happened to all the huge megamods? I'm talking about The Darkest Day, Shadows Over Soubar and Tortured Souls
  • NikPrussNikPruss Member Posts: 14
    The Darkest Days has been in development hell for ever. Before the "reboot" it was extremely slow and would go unchanged for months a time until it finally died. After the reboot all that came was a couple of small bug fixxes, and then silence once again. I will be impressed if it gets to the point where it is compatible with EE, albiet that all may just mean leaving in the myriad of bugs fund in it already.

Shadows over Soubar is "install-able" to BGII:EE (gotta move to the main folder and then move back your diag.tlk ) but it also has a myriad of bugs to the point of 1/2 the quest being impossible to complete.

And Sadly Tortured Souls hasn't been touched in about 4 years, I haven't tried to install, but if memory serves it wasn't nearly as buggy as SoS or TDD, so if you want to do the moving your diag.tlk you should be able to install it (it is weidu) and play it fairly easily.

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=4641 - this is a location for the most recent TS, but i'm afraid it may jack up the new EE content (shouldn't be TS was always kind of funny and strict with it's install)
    I haven't read through the entire thread, but curious if Solaufien made it into EE yet.

Also, if someone was interested in making NPC mods, where would they start, as in what would they need?

I have done several companion mods for Skyrim with the creation kit, plus have spent time playing with RPGmakers, so I am curious to see what is involved with making NPC's for BG2EE.
    edited January 2014
    As far as I can tell, Solaufien is not updated for EE, but still installs, so you shouldn't have a problem. I would install it last, because it's based on an older WeiDU launcher.

For the creating a mod:

99% of BG2 character mods are judged based on the writing of the mod. If you are confident in your writing skills, that's 95% of the work for the mod, the rest you could probably fumble through and finish in a week.

If you just want to create a quick character (like in Skyrim), probably no one will download it, with being able to create multiple characters in multi-player.

The actually adding in text, flags, and everything else to the mod can be done in a day (legitimately). Creating flags and zones isn't that hard.

I'd recommend downloading/installing Branwen of One-Day NPC's (http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=113&Itemid=84). She has very heavily commented coding, which makes creating a mod very easy.

Programs:

Well three programs that will help immensely on creating mods are:

Near Infinity (http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~joh/ni/). I've heard it's easier to use than DLTCEP, but i haven't used it. I've heard it's everything you need to create a mod, easy to use, it's a do it all. I'd look at this first, it seems the starting area.

WeiDU (http://weidu.org/main.html#weidu) this is the compiler, you could probably find someone to compile everything for you, but it never hurts to learn.
    A great forum for learning WeiDU is:
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=c25ca5d76ccbd355f12a076355ad3baf&topic=52.0

DLTCEP, or the DragonLance Total Conversion Editor Pro, (http://www.gibberlings3.net/tools/dltcep.php). This is an extremely useful and fairly straightforward and easy to use do it all but compile. It's my favorite, but i've been using it for ever, so I'm entirely biased.
    NikPruss said:

As far as I can tell, Solaufien is not updated for EE, but still installs, so you shouldn't have a problem. I would install it last, because it's based on an older WeiDU launcher.

For the creating a mod:

99% of BG2 character mods are judged based on the writing of the mod. If you are confident in your writing skills, that's 95% of the work for the mod, the rest you could probably fumble through and finish in a week.

If you just want to create a quick character (like in Skyrim), probably no one will download it, with being able to create multiple characters in multi-player.

The actually adding in text, flags, and everything else to the mod can be done in a day (legitimately). Creating flags and zones isn't that hard.

I'd recommend downloading/installing Branwen of One-Day NPC's (http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=113&Itemid=84). She has very heavily commented coding, which makes creating a mod very easy.

Programs:

Well three programs that will help immensely on creating mods are:

Near Infinity (http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~joh/ni/). I've heard it's easier to use than DLTCEP, but i haven't used it. I've heard it's everything you need to create a mod, easy to use, it's a do it all. I'd look at this first, it seems the starting area.

WeiDU (http://weidu.org/main.html#weidu) this is the compiler, you could probably find someone to compile everything for you, but it never hurts to learn.
    A great forum for learning WeiDU is:
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=c25ca5d76ccbd355f12a076355ad3baf&topic=52.0

DLTCEP, or the DragonLance Total Conversion Editor Pro, (http://www.gibberlings3.net/tools/dltcep.php). This is an extremely useful and fairly straightforward and easy to use do it all but compile. It's my favorite, but i've been using it for ever, so I'm entirely biased.

Cool thanks for the info, I may give it a shot.
  • DragonPriestDragonPriest Member Posts: 15
    Nice job. Hope you can finish the Ascension mod.
  • shrekdjshrekdj Member Posts: 50
    good lord.. how long will it take to update the mods?
    Mod Updating doesn't take that long if I recall everything correctly. 90% of the work is just re-directing pointers and directories in already complete mods.

You have to understand, this is the holiday season, many people are either visiting family, working over time, or having family visit them. Then there is also people who "finished" working on the mod years ago (some up to 10 years ago). No one wants to tread on completed mods that haven't gone open-source. Ascension I believe hasn't gone open-source, and I don't think the original modder's are working on it currently.
  • kaldgordkaldgord Member Posts: 29
    Are the mods Region of Terror and Fishing for Trouble compatible with BG2 EE ? Did someone tried to install them to it ?
  • brotherboobrotherboo Member Posts: 48
    I am a complete PC idiot and don't know how to istall theses Mods, but I asked a friend to install BG2 tweaks for me. When the files asked for what changes I wanted or did not want, it would not install any of the changes I wanted. I am running in Window 7, 64 bit and wanted to know if that is the problem. I was able to use this MOD when I was using XP 32 bit.
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    @brotherboo well, the obvious question is are you installing the mod to your actual game folder? check the path when it asks where you want to install it. also make sure it's not in your programs folder. Most of these mods don't like that for some reason lol
  • KunikosKunikos Member Posts: 12
    Anyone try Tyris Flare? http://www.gibberlings3.net/tyris/
    @Kunikos
    Crossmod Banters seems to work for me, not sure if I had to do anything funny for my installation.

As for Tyris Flare I installed her, she shows up in game, her romance seems to work, but As far as I can tell nothing is wrong, stopped that playthrough shortly before going to spellhold.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @LiamEsler @CoM_Solaufein When I try to install the Dace mod it says that I don't have Throne of Bhaal installed, which I have since I'm playing BG2:EE. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @JosefineS Hmm, I'll look into it first thing tomorrow. :)
  • FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    Ok. I tried Saerileth mod and what I found was not a romance, it was a rape. I was expecting to build up a romance and the romance was built up from the beginning.

Any good NPC with quests and banters that makes it as enjoyable as any of the new NPCs?
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    edited January 2014
    Frkun said:

Ok. I tried Saerileth mod and what I found was not a romance, it was a rape. I was expecting to build up a romance and the romance was built up from the beginning.

Any good NPC with quests and banters that makes it as enjoyable as any of the new NPCs?

Tried that mod once. the fact that she's 15 made me feel so dirty. I quickly uninstalled lol. But to answer your question, as far as NPC mods go, Kelsey is pretty well written, if a little bit on the chatty side. Xan and Kivan are both pretty good also. I kinda liked Yasrena(or however you spell her name) too.

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014
    Frkun said:

@Frkun
    From my experience I highly recommend the Xan, Kelsey and Angelo NPC mods. They all have very nice banter.

Other unique NPC mods I've played and enjoyed are Solaufein (never finished but it was great), Valen, Keto (same creator as Kelsey, but unfortunately no Throne of Bhaal content) and Ninde

If you like banter and more character stuff, I highly recommend all the "friendship mods" (Imoen, Mazzy, Viconia, Yoshimo and Sarevok (the only one I haven't done yet). They don't blow your mind with new content, yet enhance the experience in multiple ways. Some characters got shafted in some banters (Imoen in SoA) and this kinda fills in the blanks. Also the banter packs can be fun.

I kinda wish they made more frienship stuff for Valygar, Nalia, Cernd and Haer-Dalis. However, the Nalia romance is really good imo, so if you are interested try it out! I heard good things about the Haer-Dalis romance too, but haven't tried it yet.

Otherwise, I think Isra has a lot of potential and can't wait to try it out in my next run.
This discussion has been closed.