Skip to content

Phase I: Performance Test

Comments

• robs76crrobs76cr Member Posts: 3
    It runs very very good on my Asus TF300.
    AristilliusJuliusBorisov
  • maaramaara Member Posts: 10
    @Troodon80
    Thanks! So far it runs fantastic on my HTC One :)
    Will try N7 this evening....

Can't wait to play full game!!! :-)))
    Aristillius
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    @maara - I had the same confusion until I read the instructions at the top :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited January 2014
    maara said:

So far it runs fantastic on my HTC One :)

That's hugely disappointing to find out. I wanted to get a HTC One. I was going to get a HTC One instead of a Nexus tablet since I could use it as a phone and replace my Nokia N97...

I might still get one if it works well. I'm just not sure about the screen size.
  • RookrockRookrock Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2014
    Not sure if this is the kind of feedback you are looking for, but I've noticed in dialogs that the options for responses are a little close together, even with the use of a stylus. Graphically sweet though. No bumps or bruises yet.
    JuliusBorisov
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    Been testing it on my 7 inch samsung tab 2. Runs smoothly at all zoom levels. My only concern is the font size. I saw a thread in the ipad area talking about this issue. There they suggested dropping a file into the override folder. I can't see any folders for Baldur's Gate using the stock file browser. Hopefully we will be able to access these folders in the released version without rooting!
    JuliusBorisov
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited January 2014
    @Rookrock
    It seems that we are mainly checking if it runs smoothly FPS and such. But yeah, dialouge lines can seem be alittle close, but Ive yet to click the wrong one. Havent checked yet, but maybe it is possible to hold and release?

Also, @Dee
    Maybe it is worth considering updating the OP with how to reply to testflight (i.e. through the mail) since it seems that a few of us found that unintuitive/difficult to understand? Better get as many feedbacks as possible quickly so we can move along to the next stage! :D
    cmk24JuliusBorisov
    @aristillius yes, if you press in the selection area, you can move your finger around and it highlights the options. It helps, but isn't ideal in a tight situation where the wrong choice could lead to a fight.
    Aristillius
    I have problems on htc one when the phone goes to sleep while the game is running on foreground - after waking up the phone and unlocking the screen is showing an empty background and is stuck until the game crashes. The game simply got stuck and is not restored. :-(
    @maara do you have a tablet that does the same thing?
    Well and also the back button doesn't close the game from the main menu and the red in game dialogs are quite hard to read due to the contrast and quite small font.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you've played through the test, you don't need to send us anything; TestFlight tracks everything, so we can see when the game crashes or hits an "out of bounds" situation, as well as when the test is completed successfully.

I will say that the game's not designed for phones; it's designed for tablets. But, again, this phase of the test is purely for performance, not gameplay.
    AristilliusJuliusBorisov
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    edited January 2014
    Rookrock said:

@aristillius yes, if you press in the selection area, you can move your finger around and it highlights the options. It helps, but isn't ideal in a tight situation where the wrong choice could lead to a fight.

@Rookrock It would be helpful if, like on my Android devices, when you click a link that is close to another the device will automatically zoom in and allow you a much bigger link to click to assure that you made the right selection. It would be nice if we could do that with BG:EE on tablets, but I don't know how difficult it would be to implement something like that without the screen wanting to zoom in on everything you clicked...
    Though I agree that the red options are a little close together, they can't really be faulted for the small font when you are attempting to play on a phone.
    @mythrialus I totally agree that a zoom there would be helpful. Just going to have to be careful for now I suppose :)
    @Dee do you count the "out of bounds" returns as a failure? If so, there were probably a bunch on my part trying to do things I shouldn't have :)
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    Aside from the font size issues (which I hope will be fixable via the override folder method I mentioned earlier) I've noticed that some apps will make the on-screen home, back etc buttons appear as small dots making them kess intrusive. That is a feature which I think would be good for the game. Also I noticed when installing the game it required authorisation to stop the device from going to sleep yet my device will go to sleep if I don't touch the screen for a short while.
  • atomicsnowmanatomicsnowman Member Posts: 31
    Rookrock said:

@Dee do you count the "out of bounds" returns as a failure? If so, there were probably a bunch on my part trying to do things I shouldn't have :)

Dude, I went out of bounds, like 30 times. I just kept having too much fun seeing what I could do. You can get half way through creating a good rogue (my favorite class to play). :D

Rookrockcmk24JuliusBorisov
  • MariachiMariachi Member Posts: 20
    Thanks a lot. It's an honor for me to participate in the testing.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    sorry if it has been explained already, but does anyone know if this will run on Kindle Fire HDX?
  • oldguyoldguy Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 22
    ,Excellent on my Motorola Xoom. Very smooth. Fast loads and great frame rate. Look forward to the next stage.
  • newvillagenewvillage Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 66
    Seems like it run on galaxy note 2 very well and smooth. But I can't understand how make a right-click (for item information, for example).
  • vamistenvamisten Member Posts: 1
    Nexus 7 /2013/ - Test perfect
    Toshiba Excite AT10 A104 - Test perfect

Everything goes fine, I`ve enjoyed the 10 inch tablet over Nexus 7...so if you want to buy a tablet only for the game /just I did a year ago :-) / I suggest a larger one....the bigger the better...as one can say :-)

Seriously it will be an amazing port, so go Beamdog, I'm with you!
    JuliusBorisov
  • LrdApocLrdApoc Member Posts: 10
    Kindle Fire HD 8.9: Everything works wonderfully for me. PAn, Zoom, pinch, etc. Looking forward to next phase.
    Souldancertnthe_spyderJuliusBorisov
  • SouldancertnSouldancertn Member Posts: 45
    Will side loading be necessary to run BG:EE on a Kindle HDX, or will there be availability through Amazon? Either way, good news to hear it works well in beta on the kindle.
  • glucero0glucero0 Member Posts: 4
    1) You really can't play through the prologue except go straight to Gorion but I finally figured that out after being booted out of the game multiple times
    2) Text is super small on my 2013 Nexus 7 but the framerate is smooth, the game looks awesome, and I can't wait to play through this game again! Please release soon!
  • MrDaaarkMrDaaark Member Posts: 7
    Not sure if you got my feedback because the TestFlight stuff isn't very clear.

Ran perfeclty on my ASUS TF01

The text is too small, even at 10 inches / 1280x800. Choosing the right option is very difficult. If you can pick a number on the PC, why not little 1,2,3,4,etc... buttons in the dialog box?

Also, lack of reverse landscape mode is not good! We all have different situations when it comes to stands / docks, charging cable locations, and physical buttons. It can be very difficult or very inconvenient to play 'right side up' a lot of times. Please consider supporting it.
    Dice42RookrockAristillius
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

Rookrock said:

Dude, I went out of bounds, like 30 times. I just kept having too much fun seeing what I could do. You can get half way through creating a good rogue (my favorite class to play). :D

Before I saw this thread, I couldn't figure out what the point of the beta was lol Tried to play Black Pits! Then I read this and I got "out of bounds" for trying to bash open one of the end tables in Candlekeep :)
  • atomicsnowmanatomicsnowman Member Posts: 31
    @rdarken The scripted fight in the guard house can be almost completed but as soon as you hit or get hit you're out of bounds. The barrels and crates seem safe to loot, too. Just don't wander into the houses with assassins and you can get a good 10 minutes of poking around before talking to Gorion.
    rdarken
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    Keep at it Beta testers, maybe we can get 100/100 over the weekend!
    robs76crRavuletelminsterAristillius
This discussion has been closed.