Skip to content

Share a song or two.

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Mendelssohn's violin concerto, featuring Janine Jansen. Yes, her father's first name is Jan. :-)

rexregJLeeKurumiCrevsDaak
  • RangerRanger Member Posts: 10

I saw these guys last summer. Amazing <3.
    JLeeMitchfork
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited December 2013
    One of the best rock songs ever created - Free Bird - preformed by Molly Hatchet tribute to Ronnie Van Zant ( Lynyrd Skynyrd )

Erg
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Very popular dance of medieval Europe..

Wandering_Minstrel
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    And another song - this time some Power Metal.. just EPIC.. esp. from 4:13 on :)

FlashburnDjimmybooinyoureyes
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    If Xan listened to metal, this is what I imagine he would listen to:

My all-time favourite:
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    You may recognize this as one of the Robot Unicorn Attack songs. If not, Blind Guardian answers the question, "What if Queen did power metal?"

booinyoureyes
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607

Testament - Apocalyptic City

BURN!
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Suddenly I knew that you'd have to go
    Your world was not mine, your eyes told me so
    Yet it was there I felt the crossroads of time
    And I wondered why.

LordRumfish
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    edited December 2013
    I shall play you the songs of my people

the album artwork on this one is kind disturbing, so, ye be warned
    [spoiler] [\spoiler]
    FinneousPJ
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    I love hard rock bands with female leads. More than anyone reasonably do so.

My favorite band is Hole. Here is an early live performance (I think 1990?). This is at the end of the set. It's an amazing finale. The song's themes are dark and allude to rape/incest, so trigger warning for those sensitive. This particular song, "Dicknail", sounds more like a sludge metal song than the pop/grunge/alternative act the band is best known for. Courtney's vocals are at her best, before smoking and other substances ravaged them. Courtney plays both the abuser and the abused in the song, transforming startlingly from scared little girl to screaming monster She whimpers and whispers, and without missing a beat, she roars into nasty sneers and snarls.

At one point in the song she throws in a few lines not in the album version. "Baby I know you don't unders tand this... THIS HURTS ME... A LOT MORE... THAN. THIS. HURTS. YOUUUUUU."Her voice transforms from sweet and clear to gutteral and monsterous and back to the saccharine mockery. Some of the lyrics and sentiments in this song are echoed in the much more radio friendly "Asking for It" on the band's best album Live Through This. But I really find that this particular performance is really one of the most stand out and intense Hole shows.

This next band is less well known. Made Out of Babies music is harsh and I personally find it hard to describe. Metal fans often campare it to the Jesus Lizard but I find Made Out of Babies to be easier on the ear. Julie Christmas has a great singing voice and a great scream too. She isn't afraid to grunt, squeak, hiccup, or screech depending on the song. The song I'm presenting "Cooker", is the opener of The Ruiner, the band's last album before breaking up. It's also my favorite song on that album (although "Buffalo" comes close). I've never heard a slapped bass like the one we are introduced to immediately in the opening of the song. It's fantastic.

Sorry for my verbose ramblings. I have a lot of feelings.
    FinneousPJCrevsDaak
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    my latest found is this guy. He makes some really weird music. I might even risk saying that i never before heard anything like it. Its a very odd mix of ambient. Its hard to listen to his music directly because of how calm it is. But i find it perfect as a background noise when i work or when taking a nap.
    Both him and his creations are very mysterious and i would like to promote this guy a bit because i believe he deserves more popularity (even knowing that his music is not meant for everybody to listen).
    In general, its something out of this world. I leave it up to you, do you find is as something good or bad.

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @AcridSyphilis Can't discuss sick vocal performances without mentioning Dir en grey. Here's GAIKA, CHINMOKU GA NEMURU KORO (Victory, the time when silence sleeps)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Anduin
    @Shandyr You're not norwegian, then? You should know they have an amazing metal scene, so if you like metal have a listen.

Also, what about swedish?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • FatalApocalypseFatalApocalypse Member Posts: 66
    edited January 2014

Edit; A song or two, he said, right lol
    Post edited by FatalApocalypse on
    @Shandyr That's cool, but I think stumbling onto other Scandinavian languages would only help, not hinder.
    edited January 2014
    Tanita Tikaram:

Twist In My Sobriety

World Outside Your Window

---

And for something Scandinavian: The original Danish version of "Fly on the Wings of Love" by the Olsen Brothers.

[Deleted User]
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I really like movie music! I'm a sucker for Disney and Pixar movies too. It's kind of a guilty pleasure because none of my friends would be caught dead watching them, so I watch em with my sister. They're so good though!

a movie about video games, what's not to love?

I can't get enough of Frozen!

I really liked this movie too even though critics seemed to hate it. Awesome theme.

Badass! Great music for working out.
    R.I.P. Pete Seeger

Where have all the flowers gone

We shall overcome

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @flashburn and @kurumi you guys win because Power Metal

Here is a great one, that reminds me of Game of Thrones
    CrevsDaakFlashburn
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Simple Man!! what a beautiful song!

ErgMusigny
    Okay I just found this and I think it's among the weirdest things I've ever seen. Some say it's the secret plan of Japan to take over the world. You decide.

CrevsDaakKamigoroshi
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Yes, yes, yes.
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    edited April 2014
    Ceephax acid crew Synth.
    Finntroll folk/metall
    Post edited by Dungeonnoob on
    Kamigoroshi
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    edited April 2014
    Shandyr said:

What can I say? I adore the norwegian language.
    If anyone knows any more good norwegian singers please share with me.

Siri Nilsen (Folk) sings in norwegian.

Post edited by Dungeonnoob on