Skip to content

Phase I: Performance Test, Part Two

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited January 2014 in The Road to Android
We have identified and resolved a number of the issues we saw in the previous build. We have also answered some of the requests for a cleaner build with fewer "out of bounds" scenarios. We're setting the clock back to zero; those of you with access, feel free to start testing the new build now.

Objectives for Testers

Move the screen around, zoom in and out, and take note of the frame rate, as well as any obvious graphical glitches. We're not looking for gameplay bugs; this build was created specifically for testing performance. You'll be limited to the Abdel pregenerated character.

Anything outside of the above parameters will display the following message and close the game: "You've wandered outside the bounds of the test. Please restart the test."

To finish the test: Talk to Gorion near the center of the map and tell him you are ready to leave, then watch the cutscene. After you finish reading the Chapter Transition text, you will see the following message:
"You've successfully completed the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition performance test! Thank you for playing!"
Our testing program allows us to track crashes and other problems; there is no need to post issues here. Please submit all other feedback through TestFlight.

When we have enough successful tests with no critical issues, we'll move on to the next phase.
Successful Tests: 95/100
Post edited by Dee on
Aristilliuscmk24JuliusBorisovoldguyRavuletAkerhonTroodon80CrevsDaakmungomunkLrdApocwigglesgLordsDarkKnight185AntonShae_DoDar

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Awesome :) Glad to see another example of the community being taken seriously. Downloading now!
    JuliusBorisovwigglesg
  • StangmarStangmar Member Posts: 2
    Done. Completed successfully on my Note 10.1 2014 .
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Done, no issues on my TF101. Also I like the bigger font, it makes selecting the dialogue options much easier.
    JuliusBorisovwigglesg
  • MrDaaarkMrDaaark Member Posts: 7
    TF101 - All good, and I noticed reverse landscape was implemented as I requested last build.
    AristilliusJuliusBorisov
  • LrdApocLrdApoc Member Posts: 10
    You may still be missing animations I just ceased on the Gorian death before it completed.
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited January 2014
    Here we go!

Is it better to reply with feedback here or via the email?
    Out2lunch
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited January 2014
    rdarken said:

Here we go!

Is it better to reply with feedback here or via the email?

Email, please--especially if you've encountered issues. Having it in an easily accessible location makes it simpler for us to identify anything that may come up.

That said, if you have general impressions that you want to share, you can do that here.
    rdarkenCrevsDaakAron740
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    No problem for me. I Love the bigger font.
  • oldguyoldguy Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 22
    Working great for me too. All three pre made characters straight through no problems. Bigger font a good improvement.
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57
    Signed up for the beta as it's open today. I have 5 different #android devices here at home, so very happy to run through the beta on all of them.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Well signed up, downloaded, installed and signed in.
  • pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    all is good on samsung tab 2 10.1
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    Done and working great for both my TF101 & my Galaxy Note 2
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Downloading. At least I can be of some use while I don't have access to a proper computer. :D
    CrevsDaak
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    I'm liking the larger font, Baldur's Gate marathons are going to be much easier on my eyes now! Also the rotation is a great idea, I'm using a Galaxy Tab 3 and being left handed it's sometimes hard to avoid touching the Menu, Home and Back keys.
  • WrongsidesWrongsides Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    Signed up, will give this a run through tonight on a 2013 Nexus 7. Really looking forward to touching up some BG :)

Edit: Just realised I brought it into work, lets get started now! hehe, don't tell my boss.
    decado said:

Well Testflight is installed, no Beta to test as of yet...
  • bobruk74bobruk74 Member Posts: 5
    decado said:

decado said:

Agreed that!
    edited January 2014
    bobruk74 said:

decado said:

decado said:

Agreed that!
    X3 here... ;-)

But they are in Canada/US so they prolly not woken up yet.
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    same here.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    LrdApoc said:

You may still be missing animations I just ceased on the Gorian death before it completed.

I second this. The first version of the test I completed right away, but this second version I tried twice and I cannot get past the cutscene without an "out of bounds" pop up and crash.
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    decado said:

decado said:

Not 100% sure, but if you are selected for the beta test, you will then receive a email with a link to the download via Testflight. Check your spam in case it went there. They probably haven't sent out the emails yet since I'm guessing they need to see what devices need to be tested.

• amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    All working as intended on my 2012 Nexus 7.

LrdApoc said:

I second this. The first version of the test I completed right away, but this second version I tried twice and I cannot get past the cutscene without an "out of bounds" pop up and crash.
    We're working on another build now; should be up later today.
    AristilliusLordsDarkKnight185
    Yep, came through now. For those on the lookout for an email it is addressed from Cameron Tofer (aka. Garrick)
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    I'll have to apologise for all my whining / grousing about the delays. Pretty happy to be downloading the beta currently. Going to try on a Nexus 7 2013, although I'm sure there are loads of those. Can also try on a Xoom and Nexus 5.
    CameronTofer
    Test ran perfectly on my 2013 Nexus 7. The only issue is that the text is on the small size, but it is after all a 7 inch tablet.

Oh, one other thing. When you fully expand the text box at the bottom, the scroll bar disappears, and you can't scroll it for some reason.
    edited January 2014
    Woop woop just got the email... Downloading now...

Thanks guys...

Test ran perfectly on my 2013 Nexus 7. The only issue is that the text is on the small size, but it is after all a 7 inch tablet.

Oh, one other thing. When you fully expand the text box at the bottom, the scroll bar disappears, and you can't scroll it for some reason.

Are you expanding it right when you start? The combat log won't have a scroll bar if there's not enough text to scroll.
    Dee said:

Are you expanding it right when you start? The combat log won't have a scroll bar if there's not enough text to scroll.
    I did it at the very start when there was some basic info text that needed scrolled - the stuff about 'click on the circle below your character's feet ...'
This discussion has been closed.