Skip to content

Phase II: Fine Tuning

Comments

• DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    This is a minor/douchey thing to complain about, but the 'smart radius' seems to be a little too wide. I'll be trying to click on the ground to walk there, and the smart radius will attach to the nearest chest, even if it's quite far away on screen.

Like I say, it's not a big deal, probably no problem at all on a 10 inch tablet, but on the 7, if the radius were a few mm smaller, I think it'd be perfect.
    I mainly noticed this upstairs in Winthrop's Inn.
  • JamesAZJamesAZ Member Posts: 2

matthileo said:

Dee said:

So, to shed a little light on the magnifying glass button and why it cuts out when your finger is still on it: at the moment the game registers any extended tap as a "right-click". For the button in the UI, it senses the right-click, sends the message for the right-click, and that's it. So any time you hold that button for longer than a second it will send that signal and cut out.

We're looking at a few different solutions for that button that don't involve disabling the existing right-click function (which works well just about everywhere else); when we have one we're ready to try we'll talk a little more about it.

what about just making the button a toggle

This makes the most sense to me. Simple solution. Toggle on or off. I don't see any harm in that.

If you hit it just right it will stick on. It helps a lot on smaller screens.
  • Vince2013Vince2013 Member Posts: 6
    Can people still join in on the testing?
  • SamuraiJackJrSamuraiJackJr Member Posts: 9

matthileo said:

Dee said:

So, to shed a little light on the magnifying glass button and why it cuts out when your finger is still on it: at the moment the game registers any extended tap as a "right-click". For the button in the UI, it senses the right-click, sends the message for the right-click, and that's it. So any time you hold that button for longer than a second it will send that signal and cut out.

We're looking at a few different solutions for that button that don't involve disabling the existing right-click function (which works well just about everywhere else); when we have one we're ready to try we'll talk a little more about it.

This makes the most sense to me. Simple solution. Toggle on or off. I don't see any harm in that.

+1
  • lbalba Member Posts: 8
    I cant see any new build on testflight.
    MatSuta
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47

matthileo said:

Dee said:

That kinda feels like cheating to me. Having all the hot points visable all the time, not to mention would ruin the look of the game. l would prefer it as it is trying to be at the moment, active when pressed to give a hint when you are stuck.

Just my two penith worth :-)
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    smartroad said:

matthileo said:

Dee said:

That kinda feels like cheating to me. Having all the hot points visable all the time, not to mention would ruin the look of the game. l would prefer it as it is trying to be at the moment, active when pressed to give a hint when you are stuck.

Just my two penith worth :-)
    just because it feels like cheating to you doesn't mean it is, and its not like you would be forced to keep it on. To each their own. I think a toggle is the best possible solution.

• sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Nah, I'm not big on the toggle idea, if they could make that part of the screen so it doesn't "right click" it would be fine, perhaps give a little more time to a single tap, and allow holding it down would be perfect... if it's too much work a toggle would be fine for a temporary solution to the problem, but even so.
  • mtnkillmtnkill Member Posts: 26

This is a minor/douchey thing to complain about, but the 'smart radius' seems to be a little too wide. I'll be trying to click on the ground to walk there, and the smart radius will attach to the nearest chest, even if it's quite far away on screen.

Like I say, it's not a big deal, probably no problem at all on a 10 inch tablet, but on the 7, if the radius were a few mm smaller, I think it'd be perfect.
    I mainly noticed this upstairs in Winthrop's Inn.

Still a problem on a 10" tablet. I hit that all the time on my Nexus 10, and my fingers aren't very fat :)
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2014
    Maybe a short duration toggle for the magnifying glass would be best I.e. you tap it and then items will remain highlighted for maybe somewhere between 3-5 seconds?
  • IamTaoIamTao Member Posts: 6
    First time in this beta test and on my Nexus 7 (2012) it looks and runs like a champ. No speed or hang issues on menus, video playback or game play screens. Few minor graphical glitches, but a blast to play with! Can't wait for the release! :-) Nice job to all involved!
  • mattionsmattions Member Posts: 3
    Hello there, just wanted to share tha I'm running the beta on my Nexus 4. A part from the physical limitation of the screen size, I've got to say that the game runs very well and it's actually playable also on such a small screen.

As other users have already noted, when the app is moved in the background, it still keeps the phone alive, killing the battery.
  • WrongsidesWrongsides Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    @Dee

I'm testing on a 2013 Nexus 7,

The camera shudders about when you flick in a confined space - Upstairs in the candle keep tavern for example. I had a critical hit whilst killing one of the guys up their and the camera went bananas, stopped once the exploding corpse animation finished.

Hitting the volume rocker broke immersion mode and the menu bars would no longer go away.

I use the magnifying glass for scouting out treasures knowing easily where to click for loots, keep it on for extended periods of time. This current build doesn't work so well for that but I see your already looking at solutions.
  • fooflamfinnfooflamfinn Member Posts: 18
    @Wrongsides make sure to send info like that via the testflight email they initially sent you. Just reply to the email with this so the developer gets these great details!
    47 tests left to go ... do what must be done!
  • djseemanndjseemann Member Posts: 10
    Looking good on my Galaxy Note 3
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Overall smooth performance - still slightly laggy at the final battle, but much better than the previous build. Immersive mode disappears as soon as I touch the screen - will send mail.
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    Is there any point doing more than one go through per device? I mean will any additional tests I do add to the total or is it just one machine one response?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    One response per machine (per build). So if you've run through a previous build on your device, running through the new build will send a new "completed" response.
  • MrDaaarkMrDaaark Member Posts: 7
    Haven't been able to get through this round. TestFlight has been acting up. It keeps cutting off my downloads, or when I do get it all downloaded, I hang and reboot during the install.
  • atomicsnowmanatomicsnowman Member Posts: 31
    MrDaaark said:

Haven't been able to get through this round. TestFlight has been acting up. It keeps cutting off my downloads, or when I do get it all downloaded, I hang and reboot during the install.

A lot of people have experienced this, myself included. I just uninstall the old version of BGEE manually when new versions come out. The one time it didn't want to install, all I had to do was get into the application information for Testflight, clear the data cache, sign back in, and it downloaded and installed fine.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    @Mrdaaark
    I also had problems installing two of the builds, what fixed it for me was making sure I had a bit of excess storage space and keeping the testflight app updated.
    Dee said:

One response per machine (per build). So if you've run through a previous build on your device, running through the new build will send a new "completed" response.

Do we have enough testers to hit 200 completed tests then, given the % completion rate we usually get?
    matthileo
    Yes, I believe so.
  • lbalba Member Posts: 8
    Still cant see any new build on Testflight.

Most recent version is 1.2 (2032) #5
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2014
    @Iba have you updated the testflight app? Mine needed to update recently, might have something to do with it. Just a guess though...
    Post edited by wigglesg on
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    lba said:

Still cant see any new build on Testflight.

Most recent version is 1.2 (2032) #5

@Iba I don't know if it will help but I had to delete the previous build and then I downloaded the new one from the email Can sent. When I tried to just download straight from Testflight it was stuck on"connecting with server"
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    @Dee do you you know roughly how many phases there will be? Or is it a 'see what happens/depends on results' situation?
    edited February 2014
    It largely depends on results, but we do have a plan in mind. It looks like a number of people are having trouble with TestFlight, so we're looking at setting things up in the Google Play store; we just have a few outstanding issues to address before we get to that point.
    ChetCrevsDaaklba
  • LrdApocLrdApoc Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2014
    Dee please consider that the Kindle Fire HD/HDX Testers do not have access to the Google Play store directly if you go that route.

We don't get most of the Apps Google Play allows through Amazon.. for instance: Shadowrun Returns is not available.
    Souldancertn
This discussion has been closed.