Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @meagloth - it's my Gypsy name.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Hey @vierrae! I don't mean to rush you of course, but I am just wondering if you've made a start on that request, and maybe a rough estimate of when it might be ready? I am kinda waiting to start a Black Pits playthrough with this character :)

I have searched the internet in English and Chinese, and found these two that could suffice if you are too busy... they are pretty for sure, but don't really match the style of BG portraits... so I'd prefer to wait for u if it won't be too long.

That said, I know you are doing me a favour, so I do not wish to impose any pressure on you. It is absolutely fine if you just say "Sorry but I'm kinda busy..."

Thanks anyways :)

imageimage

• vierraevierrae Member Posts: 103
    edited January 2014
    @Heindrich I've started this piece and, I think, will finish it in 2-3 days
    Post edited by vierrae on
    edited January 2014
    wu.bmp 734.8K
    Post edited by vierrae on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    vierrae said:
    @Heindrich I haven't done this picture for but you've confused some people with the name change :)
    edited January 2014
    @vierrae

Ah, thanks! I can get started with my Black Pits playthrough now! :D

You guys are amazing! Thanks for the work you do for the community! If I do record and upload the playthrough as an LP, I will be sure to mention you. Actually... are you okay with me using the portrait in a more public way? And if u are... how do I pronounce your name? lol

@Crevsdaak: Thanks for the notification. :)
    @Heindrich You are very welcome :) Actually I'm not satisfied with the hair, but oh well... And you can use this image as you see fit, I don't mind at all.
    Ah... not sure myself, it was created several years back for my drow character using drow name generator. [vi-Er-rah-ə], I guess.
    @vierrae

Ah u are online... actually... I love how u did the robes and the hair is okay in my opinion... but if u don't mind, can u tone down the lips?

The colour really stands out, and makes it look like she's wearing heavy make-up :D. Something more naturally would fit the theme better I think.
    @Anduin ^^

I am unable to help you, but I would love to see that :D
    @Heindrich Okay, will recolour it tomorrow
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I can do some art... but I think I would need to scan it into the computer... never mind use a computer.

I have also messed around with photo editors with me in a red bathrobe (the wife does not understand fully the significance when I tell her I am donning the red robes of Bhaal containment "you have to contain them somewhere dear...") although I have fallen short of trying to wrap loo roll around me (Although sadly I have thought about it).

Anyway instead of looking like Mumm-Ra, I just look a bit pathetic.

On my phone at the mo. I'll pop up some piccie's later in a the progress of Anduin's avatar stylee, but won't get overly excited or upset if no one takes it on.

Some great stuff here already!
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    edited February 2014
    @Anduin: The only hint about the bigger one I have is the file name: gnome_archscientist and that I found it after throwing random terms in Google images (gnome, fantasy, priest, necromancer, old...)

The second, smaller one is from my infamous old backup CD, and my best bet is that it's from NWN Vault or some other big Neverwinter archive.

Edit: Was wrong about the second one, it's from a WoW gallery and the artist is Christopher E. (or F.?) Appel. Still no clue about the first; I tried using the search tags again and got a ton of garden gnomes. :|
    Post edited by KidCarnival on
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited February 2014
    Here's one I thought you guys and gals might have fun with - herein lies an expression, at least. Whoever wants to work with it has my thanks in advance.
    [Spoiler]image[/Spoiler]
    Post edited by jackjack on
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    I'm soloing Icewind Dale with an old Character of mine, Arra. For this purpose, I revisited his portrait and, since he's now a Fighter/Diviner rather than a single-class Diviner, a slight change of attire occurred. Might not be the most practical choice for a stroll in the middle of a glacier, but I guess no formidable mage of STR 21 and CHA 25 warmed by high elven magic would care.
    Attached is a portrait in IWD dimensions (you'll need to resize them if you wish to use them in BG).
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    God said:

Might not be the most practical choice for a stroll in the middle of a glacier

Those disco lights seem pretty strong, probably generates tons of heat.
    Ah thanks so much @vierrae! That's much better! I'm not sure if u changed anything else, but toning down the lipstick really changed the 'feel' of the portrait.

• KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    Glad you like it! :)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Seems you had a Critical Success there Kalesra.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    wow! @kalesra has some talent!
    Thanks! I didn't do TOO much. I did "paint" over parts of it and go over some areas in detail with the smudge tool, but a large part of how it looks just comes from applying a pastel effect in Pixlr (sort of like Photoshop but online and free) and messing around with brightness/contrast. And it helps that @jackjack already looks quite roguish. Your approval warms my heart though :).
    So, this one started as a sketch I did for a P&P game. I then painted over it in Pixlr. The background comes from here: http://sweetchile.deviantart.com/art/Starscape-112932791

I feel like it's a little sloppy, but I'm impatient and lazy so I kind of rushed (especially with the shirt).

mage.bmp 527.4K