Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    Flashburn said:

Even though tailoring isn't my strong suit, and even though its not December, a hatmaker's work is never done. I stuffed that raccoon, @Silverstar, into new mage robes!

GAAH! That's really disturbing. Hilarious, but disturbing.

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    After a big amount of pleading, peer pressure and numerous death threats I'm left with little choice but to use a raccoon portrait again. While Flashburn's version will do for now I shall officially request a raccoonier version. My old avatar can be used as a base and then have a robe added with some baldurizing (it's cool how that turned into a word). Or something entirely new can be made even. Everyone's favourite Were-Raccoon Necromancer/Cleric (that's me!) will be highly appreciative of any effort and happily share any trash can spoils treasure found on his next adventure as a reward.
    FlashburnjackjackCrevsDaak
  • AudiodragonAudiodragon Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,

I would really like to be able to use this portrait as my custom portrait but I believe the proportions do not match.

Could somebody be of help to me? I just bought BG2 EE and want to sink into nostalgia one more time. I really like this portrait which was avaliable in Neverwinter Nights.

Thank you.

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Audiodragon

It is pretty easy to crop and resize pictures with Microsoft Paint, which is default to every version of Windows I have owned.

However, that particular picture is too small. You need something bigger than 169x269 at the very least.
    There you go Audiodragon. You don't really need the lower sizes any more but if you want them anyway, just scale this down to 169*266 for the M one and 54*84 for the S one.

jackjackAudiodragon
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Actually you can just make 2 copies of the L file and leave them at the same size - all you need to do is rename them so one ends in M, the other in S. I've done this in my game and it's made the portraits noticeably sharper.
    Silverstarvierrae
    Here's another one for people to mess with - unfortunately, I don't have access to the non sepia-toned version yet, (currently bugging the photographer for the original), but if anything can be done with this, cool. It's from a show I just wrapped up on:
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • AudiodragonAudiodragon Member Posts: 2

There you go Audiodragon. You don't really need the lower sizes any more but if you want them anyway, just scale this down to 169*266 for the M one and 54*84 for the S one.

Thank you very much Silverstar :)
  • jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    @isandir

Awesome dwarf portrait above!

Have you thought about designing a drow female portrait (and not just a edit of an existing one, even though the Scarlet J one is excellent). I'm looking for a Viconia replacement and you've redone almost all of my entire party except for her. Obviously I know your much busier now, but if you had the urge to create one it would be much appreciated.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    @Silverstar This is obviously not what you're looking for, but I just so happened to stumble upon a perfect Raccoon pic and I just had to throw something together real quick before I went to bed.
    'Accidentally made it more Star Wars than Baldur's Gate, but ehm... yeah.

CrevsDaak
    @Zanian
    The picture isn't showing up for me.
    CrevsDaak
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Forgive me but to my poor talentless eyes that looks nothing like Jaheira ought to look.

I say this because as awesome as that portrait is, and it is very awesome, she looks way too kind to be Jaheira. Don't get me wrong Jaheira has many virtues (and flaws) but kindness isn't one of them. She also verges a little too much on the conventionally pretty as well.

Jaheira isn't kind, or sweet, or nice by any sense of the word. While she does have a strong moral compass she is strong, unyielding, and sexy in a terror inspiring sort of way. Or at least I feel thats how the writers intended to communicate her.

If you could make her slightly more severe perhaps? It might fit a little better?

Obviously feel free to ignore me as this is your own work for your own pleasure. But to me this portrait could be used more as a CHARNAME or some generic Fem!Elf rather than the stern, dark skinned, dark haired druid we all know and love to love or loathe.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    @randName

I never said that Jaheira wasn't good. She is quite clearly by temperament a good person and her having a Neutral Good Alignment (I use this component in BG2Tweaks) makes sense for her. I said nice wasn't an adjective that could be applied to her.
    And that is true. She isn't nice.

I only comment because the portrait struck me as somewhat cocky as opposed to stern. And it didn't really fit Jaheira's demeanour.

Feel free to ignore me though! :-D

That portrait itself is awesome, you are clearly very talented. It was just from my own personal perspective it just didn't seem to "fit" Jaheira.
    Excellent work as always Isandir.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    @Isandir: Your portraits are amazing, but they get scattered easily here. Could you upload them to the OP under the spoiler tag?
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovSwordsNotWords
  • GreenpaktoGreenpakto Member Posts: 80
    @Isandir: As always amazing work! You are extremely good at conveying the race as well. I knew immediately she was a halfling, and shes IMO one of your better works :)
    jackjack
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovSwordsNotWordsjackjack
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2014
    i have a bit of a request myself

when I got on ESO some time ago for the first time, NDA still up for beta, I fell in love with the breton veteran heavy armor. with the NDA now done I guess I can share this and see if this can be baldurized into a portrait. my next BG char I intend to be a paladin or cleric and I would love to have a portrait of that armor. took a few shots of the character creation screen for perspectives of the armor:

however, I would like it to be silver as seen here:

beyond that anything can be done with it as seems fitting for a background, stance etc. i hope my pictures suffice because otherwise I may not get the chance to get more until April 4, and then it comes down to if I buy the game or not.

thank you to anybody who might take up the request. with the talent here I am sure I will like whatever comes out, and the full plate and packing steel warrior is a bit of something different from most of the other portraits here thus far. I won't rush this done either as this is a hobby and good things take time anyway so take all the time you need :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • ValouValou Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Hello!!

First, I would to thank you many of you for your work, I used many of the portrait that I found here in order to customized my install of BG. There is a lot of excellent portraits here!!

I think I'm more interested to learn how to create mods than portraits, it's more my thing... But for now, I have a friend, the one who made me discovered BG in the first place and who is still a very big fan, and I would like a lot to offer him a personalized portrait.

There is anyone here who can help me on this, please? :)

I have a picture of him, but if it's not a good one, I can find others. I don't any special idea of what kind of character seems adequat to his face (mage, or warrior...) But the best would be a cleric, as he wants to stard a new party with an evil cleric.

Well, I'm opened for every help, or every advice for my project!

And once again, congrats for the works made here! ;)
    Post edited by Valou on
  • KestralKestral Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2014
    I am by no means an artist. In fact I'm pretty sure my two year old is a better artist than me. Still, I needed an asian-y looking girl for an online BG:EE I decided to make my husband play with me. Thus spawned poor Ng Quiyue, a native of Shou Lung and primarily a cleric of Kwan Ying the goddess of compassion, mercy, and joy. As she aspires to live up to her goddess Quiyue has a nearly infinite patience for people. She prefers non-violent solutions and even shows compassion to those that otherwise wouldn't get it. She also enjoys telling fairy tales/folk stories from her home. (Thankfully my daughter's favorite fairytale book is filled with Chinese stories.) Too bad my husband's character's goal in life was to see how far he could push her before she snapped. It didn't work.

This was the closest I could find to work for her since I didn't feel like opening up skyrim and arguing with it. The model is a stock from here shanghai-STOCK. At least this will do until I make something better in Skyrim.

Though if anyone wanted to try to make a better one I'd be infinitely happy.
    Greenpakto
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Kestral
    I like to use Shou characters too, here's a few 'Asiany' girls who don't look Japanese.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    SharGuidesMyHandDullSkullTheSecond
  • KestralKestral Member Posts: 7
    I'm actually a big fan of Chinese! Probably because I grew up with more Chinese friends than any other type of Asian. Though nothing beats home made South Korean food.
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    There are many AMAZING portraits in this thread! Thank you!
    jackjackSilverstarCrevsDaak