Skip to content

How was your first experience with Baldur's Gate?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Nahkriinaak, I actually identify with your post, for reasons I won't go into detail about.

But the "saved from despair caused by a lonely, empty life of too much mental stress, and partying too much during youth, by good crpg's like Baldur's Gate" theme kind of fits me, too.

I especially like, "No tears. Only dreams now." Boy, do I ever identify with that. ;)
    kcwiseRavenslightloliensarevok57
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I remember that very good. Not in all the details but the feeling i had while playing came close to my old nerd feelings playing monkey island 2 etc. So it gave me a great experience once again with RPG´s. IT also prepared me for NWN in someway.
    kcwiseRavenslightloliensarevok57
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited March 2014
    jackjack said:

Your friend was flat-out wrong - roll another Bard, (though I would suggest either Jester or Blade), and thank me later.

Well a pureclass bard in BG1 is a bit difficult to handle maybe for a first-timer. Wands being your most important asset I suppose.
    Not sure about Blade, I don't doubt the Blade's power but the class seems a bit hackeyed to me. I might look into the Jester though. Could be interesting playing an apparent fool.
    Post edited by Blackraven on
    jackjackkcwiseloliensarevok57