Skip to content

the clock is no longer ticking. It has ceased to tick

Comments

• silver_gpsilver_gp Member Posts: 21
    Does this clock mean Baldur's Gate III? haha
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Woah!
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I suspect this countdown timer is either the next patch, adventure Y, or the announcement of Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @bengoshi, your times for New York and Los Angeles are mixed up. New York is three hours earlier than L.A., not three hours later. I don't if it means all the other times are wrong.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

@bengoshi, your times for New York and Los Angeles are mixed up. New York is three hours earlier than L.A., not three hours later. I don't if it means all the other times are wrong.

No, @bengoshi has it right. It'll be 11pm in New York when it's 8pm in Los Angeles (and Arizona, because we don't do daylight savings time).
    Mea culpa. An embarrassing error on my part.
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Baldur's gate 3? Adventure Y? The Revenge of Baeloth?
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Icewind Dale EE would be absolutely fantastic, eh. But actually, I guess I reached the stage in which *anything* will be at least great, even most probable Android edition which is completely useless for me personally.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Android release is my guess. I understand that people have been waiting "patiently" for this on their tablets, but I personally don't care. I only hope that this being accomplished leads to more patches of either content or bug fixes.

Along with the release of Android I suspect an announcement on Adventure Y. They'll announce how they will start production on it once initial bug testing is out of the way for the new tablets.

It's either this or Irenicus riding a velociraptor while throwing spells in the air shouting "You will suffer, YOU WILL ALL SUFFER!!"
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    There is another possibility. Bhaal is being reborn into cyberspace and the coutdown is marks his re-emergence.

I am BHAAL! Lord of MURDER!!!! Come AGAIN!!!!!
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    edited April 2014
    Dee said:

Well, someone was bound to guess correctly eventually. Alright, guys, pack it in! The cat's out of the bag...

photo nailed_it-s240x320-227191_zps25e752a2.jpg

Edit: Why is it that I can't get spoiler tags to work... -_-
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited April 2014
    Dont think they care to make a count down , for android or a patch.. If it is for one of those.. Ill expect headlines in washington post, when they get a new game coming !!

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited April 2014
    Aurorus said:

Loub said:

I have yet to find any city named 'Sao Paolo' in the planet, Ilmater's hairy buttcrack, I've yet to find any saint named 'Paolo' to gave its namesake - maybe an Italian Mafia boss?

San Paolo is in Brazil and is Portugese for Saint Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles. It is also one of the sites where the World Cup will be played in the coming months unless social disorder completely closes down the city, as I have it from friends who live in San Paolo, that the city is on the edge of knife right now, with violence against the government possible at any moment.
    Tasraya said:

I'm quite sure @Loub knows where São Paulo is, and was merely overplaying the minor typo in the original wording. ;)

Indeed. As anyone with an Elementary School degree should be capable of comprehending, "São Paulo" is the largest city of Brazil, home to the second most polluted skies and river of the world, a much inferior public university to that which I study in, as well as the largest gay conglomeration of the country. "Sao Paolo" doesn't exist, neither does "San Paolo" - the latter of which would not make sense within the Brazilian context, since Spanish is not one of the two official languages of the country (which are Portuguese and Libras (Brazilian Sign Language)), in fact, the Spanish-speaking population of Brazil is half as large as that of English-speaking Brazilians, not to mention that assuming Brazil speaks Spanish is a huge gaffe, one which is bound to get you scorn and exploitation.

Also, as anyone who has had a minimum contact with the madman from Baumschneis can attest (or even anyone with the knowledge of where Baumschneis actually is) - I am Brazilian, and as such I am more than qualified to answer for my own country without the need of those outside its tangent: the whole country is a bomb with a lit fuse, where everyone has already gotten sick of the exploitation of one of the most corrupt governments in the western world - I'd say it is not a matter of if or when the revolution happens, since both are quite obvious, but how and to what will it lead - if you value your meager existence I'd steer clear of the Blazing Wood until the revolution is completed, or not, that would be more fun.
    Honestly, I don't see how this could be anything but the release of the Android version of the game. The devs have been quite open that Android is what they've been spending most of their work hours doing.

Unless...the recent blackout of dev communication was because they were doing Android *and* something... nah.

It's the Android release. That's my prediction anyway, seven hours or so before they do it.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Mmm, putting my money in there, too. It's the Android release. There's the tiniest chance it could be a patch, but I'll bet on the Android release. I strongly doubt it's going to be a new game.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    My guess/hope is that Android will be released and we'll get a few details of something new. Be it DLC, adventure Y or a new game, I don't know. It'll probably just be something small to tide those of us who already have the game over.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Based on the publicly available progress of the 1.3 patch, I'd say it's unlikely, though not impossible that it's ready for release. Also, as strange as some of us may find a countdown timer for Android, I think one for a patch is even less likely.
    My personal hope is for IWDEE, but I know better. Droid makes the most sense here.
    That all being said, it doesn't look like the patch is all that far off…
    edited April 2014
    @Tome, I like your thinking - the release of Android for obvious reasons, combined with a teaser of the next project just to get non-Android users excited again. That would be exciting for me, as a non-Android user, indeed.

Caveat: They *really* need to get BG2:EE polished up. :)
    @solod, that would indeed be wonderful. However, everything they've done since they created the new franchise has been based on massive engine work with the Infinity engine. I can't imagine that they would be planning to tackle a whole new engine (Aurora).
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58

@solod, that would indeed be wonderful. However, everything they've done since they created the new franchise has been based on massive engine work with the Infinity engine. I can't imagine that they would be planning to tackle a whole new engine (Aurora).

Totally agree and know that it won't happen :)

but MAN would that be awesome.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

Honestly, I don't see how this could be anything but the release of the Android version of the game. The devs have been quite open that Android is what they've been spending most of their work hours doing.

Quite frankly I agree that it probably IS the release of Android. But....

It could quite easily be the announcement of beginning to work on a new project, say IWD:EE or Adventure Y or something else. that way the Devs don't have to have BEEN working anything, YET. but that they are saying "Now that Android is launched, we'd like to announce that we are starting work on Project Y (whatever that happens to be)".

My personal opinion though is, if it is for Android release of BG, (which admittedly it probably is) it is a whole lot more Pomp and circumstance than I personally think is necessary. but then I didn't run the marketing campaign, and from that stand point, it is definitely getting hype (evidence this thread).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2014
    I didn't want to say anything...but I'm pretty sure its actually the countdown to start of a martian/alien invasion :p

(ohh the 90's and its campy movies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYHeZCEFwhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XHKZsH_A7w

(of these two movies Independence Day technically does have a countdown :) )
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Hmm. acxtually they *have* been very quiet. And it seems that Android is being managed pretty much solo by Cam - maybe I was a little quick to surmise this was mainly the android release... Excited either way!