Skip to content

the clock is no longer ticking. It has ceased to tick

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
Post edited by ajwz on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If that means in 3 days I'm going to have to go through a spell plague again I'm going to be so mad :D
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Sorry, what am I missing?

Sorry, what am I missing?

You don't see a countdown clock?
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Nope.
    For me it looks something like this (though by now the number will have changed obviously).

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Exciting !
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I, too, often get exited watching ticking clocks
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80
    Could this be the mythical Adventure Y?
    edited April 2014

Most likely.

I mean it could be for 1.3 as well I suppose but this seems like its a bit much for that.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    What is the meaning of this???!!!
    Heinrich said:

My guess is the Android release. Once that is out of the way maybe they can focus more on bug fixing.
    Does the play store have a review period like apple? I assume they do, and a countdown wouldn't work for this. Apple held bg2 for a month after beamdog submitted it, without any explanation.
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    Maybe Icewind dale?
    PSTEE!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Interesting, and hopefully a reveal worthy of a special countdown. People familiar with BioWare ought to remember their bazaar debacle.
    elminster said:

PSTEE!

FOR MAC!!!!!! :-) AND IPAD AAANNNDD ANDROID!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited April 2014
    What is the meaning of this commotion anyway?

Will they announce the elusive third Gate of Balduran?
    Will they reveal their much-delayed release for the android?
    Will one of the developers come out of the closet?
    Or will they just flip us the bird?
    edited April 2014
    bengoshi said:

It can't be a 1.3 patch because according to http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31289/the-road-to-v1-3-bg-ee-phase-iii they need 721 successful tests to complete the appropriate stage of testing.

I also think it can't be the Adventure Y because it seems now they are busy with voice over actors who will participate so this additional content has been not completed yet. Moreover, according to Dee, "Adventure Y is still in the plans, and we're still planning patch support for BGII:EE", from what I can make a conclusion that the Adventure Y is as far as a patch for BG2:EE.

So, apparently, the timer is all about the Android version. Because there's a certain time estimate, it must be something they are sure about in terms of the availability. The early access to the Android version began 3 days ago so the Android version is indeed at least close to the final product.

This idea is further confirmed by the following tweet:

"Cam" is obviously Cameron Tiger and he was (and is) the main man behind the development of the Android version.
    Isn't android running version 1.3? To me it would be kind of odd to on the one hand announce android while not upgrading the versions on other devices. Especially since we've had basically months of testing for 1.3 on PC (the listed changes between the last few patches for the latest phases have been pretty small after all).
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

It's a bomb for @AndrewFoley‌ :P
    CrevsDaak said:

meagloth said:

I began to theorize it is actually the timer for the release of Anthrax into the vents of Beamdog's headquarters once they announce a delay in their announcement.
    *Casts Otiluke's Resilient Sphere on bomb*
    edited April 2014

CrevsDaak said:

meagloth said:

EVERYBODY RUN!

Loub said:

CrevsDaak said:

meagloth said:

I began to theorize it is actually the timer for the release of Anthrax into the vents of Beamdog's headquarters once they announce a delay in their announcement.
    Anthrax would be a welcome step up after some of the stuff that was going through Beamdog's vents a few months ago...
    Care to elaborate?
    Dee said:

You really, really don't want to know.

Honey, I've seen things you wouldn't believe, I've experienced pain you can't imagine and I've studied subjects that would destroy lesser minds. Of course I want to know - to my being, there is no such thing as 'too much information', no matter how terrifying or repulsive it might seem.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Well it seems to be android if Cameron Tofer is involved, he has been tied to the android mast the last ~6 months as far as Ive gathered. Considering the huge delays of the release it might be warranted, didnt the mac release have a timer?
    It might also be a joint release/info about adventure Y as well as android.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Loub said:

Dee said:

You really, really don't want to know.

Honey, I've seen things you wouldn't believe, I've experienced pain you can't imagine and I've studied subjects that would destroy lesser minds. Of course I want to know - to my being, there is no such thing as 'too much information', no matter how terrifying or repulsive it might seem.
    Blade Runner?