Skip to content

the clock is no longer ticking. It has ceased to tick

Comments

• wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    Im an Android user and I'm going to say it, I'm actually disappointed by this. Dont get me wrong I'm immensely pleased they've finally released the Android port but the countdown mechanic suggested (to me at least) they were going to announce something more world changing, something that would have affected the larger community. Trying to inject mystery into it was always going to let a lot of people down, everyone has said its probably going to be the Android release but it could also be this or that. Those people all would be somewhat disappointed. They should just have added "Baldur's Gate is coming to Android in" above the clock.

P.S. Granted I might have been more excited about it if I hadn't been part of the beta with access to the full version for the last week or so.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    That's the thing about mysteries. Once mystery or secret is revealed, it loses much of it's charm. Same in this instance.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    well at least the timer was fun that everyone could enjoy. I'll always remember those days fondly

generally its a good idea not to get excited by such gimmicks as this. Still maybe now the android version Is done we can get some decent new content and fixes for bgEE2
    edited April 2014
    I am, for example, looking forward to see what Overhaul will do now about certain issue I was often talking about, now that Android is out.
    Post edited by O_Bruce on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

I really don't get why some people thought that it's going to be IWD:EE or Planescape:Torment in Enhanced Edition.

You know that people were just joking around right?...
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    elminster said:

I really don't get why some people thought that it's going to be IWD:EE or Planescape:Torment in Enhanced Edition.

We were? O.o
    CoryNewb said:

elminster said:

We were? O.o
    Certainly I was when I wrote PSTEE (and frankly most of the thread has been about having a bit of fun, including suggesting a few unlikely ideas, while we waited on the countdown timer)
    elminster said:

Sorry if I hurt your.... pride, "sir".
    edited April 2014

elminster said:

Umm...ok. Nothing to do about pride really.
    edited April 2014

If they were to actually implement my Wilson-Ursa romance revenge plot, it would TOTALLY merit a countdown

That would actually be pretty awesome. Though if Wilson wanted revenge couldn't he (once in the party) just murder charname in their sleep?
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    edited April 2014
    Wiggles said:

It's either Andriod or Irenicus riding a velociraptor while throwing spells in the air shouting "You will suffer, YOU WILL ALL SUFFER!!"

@Dee ...still waiting...
    Sounds awesome! :)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

elminster said:

Are you capable of being, like, NOT excessively rude?
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited April 2014
    I say we just drop it and go back to talking about @booinyoureyes's plans for a wilson-ursa revenge plot :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Re-read the site rules, folks. Here's a link if you can't find them: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10852/site-rules-mind-the-gap
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    Lovely weather we're having.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Lemernis said:

I'm sure Beamdog is glad that this contractual term has been met. It frees them up to do more DLC for the EEs, hopefully.

I certainly hope so. It's been a year and a half since this game was released and it's still riddled with bugs. Getting all the contracts done was definitely the first priority for them and now they can focus more on the game.

I'm hoping for the best that more progress is made after this release. I'm sure the income from Google Play will provide more funds for their ongoing BG:EE project.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Lemernis said:

I'm sure Beamdog is glad that this contractual term has been met. It frees them up to do more DLC for the EEs, hopefully.

Don't forget that their next contractual obligation is BG2:EE on Android...
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited April 2014
    cmk24 said:

Lemernis said:

Don't forget that their next contractual obligation is BG2:EE on Android...
    Really? That kinda sucks for me to be honest.

Oh well, you can't please everyone (*grumble grumble* want Adventure Y *grumble frown*)
    Post edited by booinyoureyes on