the clock is no longer ticking. It has ceased to tick

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited April 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

Loub said:

Dee said:

You really, really don't want to know.

Honey, I've seen things you wouldn't believe, I've experienced pain you can't imagine and I've studied subjects that would destroy lesser minds. Of course I want to know - to my being, there is no such thing as 'too much information', no matter how terrifying or repulsive it might seem.
    Blade Runner?
    I have never seen Blade Runner in my entire life. I am just a known Nightmare Fetishist who likes to experience the most out of life, be it bad or good, so long as it doesn't interfere with my own mind - I've gotten off on things that would make people's dangling bits to shrink inside their bodies, and others that would not be seen as arousing at all.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    bengoshi said:

"Cam" is obviously Cameron Tiger and he was (and is) the main man behind the development of the Android version.

Tiger is like his nickname around the office?

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    meagloth said:

Heinrich said:

Could this be the mythical Adventure Y?

My guess is the Android release. Once that is out of the way maybe they can focus more on bug fixing.
    Does the play store have a review period like apple? I assume they do, and a countdown wouldn't work for this. Apple held bg2 for a month after beamdog submitted it, without any explanation.
    The play store does not have any review period, only apple does silly things like that.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Anduin begins to chant while rocking back and forth*

Four Broccoflower's for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Three for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Two for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Forums where the Shadows lie.
    One Mummie to rule them all, One Mummie to find them,
    One Mummie to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Forums where the Shadows lie....

YES! The clock is ticking as I have found all ten BROCCOFLOWER SHARDS containing the life force of the now long deceased Lord @Shandyr‌ !

When the clock strikes zero the planets will be in perfect alignment, the sun will be past its zenith and falling towards the horizon and the shadow from the compost bin of the gods will enshroud the steaming grass cuttings of Helm.

The rotting morass will combine with the ether making the air crackle with arcane power, causing the weave of magic to fold at a specific point in the fabric of reality... I will be at that point...

AND I ANDUIN, WILL BECOME GOD OF VEGETABLES ! ! ! !

If it is for the Android release... Well... I will be slightly disappointed... But I can assure you of one thing!

I ANDUIN, WILL PLAY BG ON MY SMARTPHONE UNTIL MY THUMB DROPS OFF ! ! ! !
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Anywho, Wouldn't it be better if the clock signified a huge content release which would benefit more people than those waiting for an android release? It's all good though, If it is an android release, then I say, AWESOME! I'm sure it's been breaking everyone's back for the long wait
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    ajwz said:

I, too, often get exited watching ticking clocks

I get excited watching grass grow.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Anyone else find that the 'Forum' links normally at the bottom of the page have disappeared? Was that an OOps?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    http://www.baldursgate.com/

About 2 day and 4 hours to... what exactly?

Thoughts, anyone?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Considering the only platform missing from the line-up is Android, I'd say Android is probably the most logical guess.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014
    It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, trust him, he knows what he says.

Edit: don't buy it.
    Edit: don't buy the joke, the game is good.
    Edit: you loosing your pair to due much time spent in BG is your fault and not Beamdog's.
    Edit: don't forget to eat when you play BG, both Bioware and Beamdog love their players.
    Edit: if you don't want to ruin your life because of BG, do yourself a favor and don't buy the game either.
    Edit: if you want to play BG you can buy a new life for yourself on amazon.com, also you'll be able to replay BG without metagame knowledge.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    There is already a thread on this

forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31498/the-clock-is-ticking
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    it says to discuss this clock on the forums...

I like the font, although I dislike the twos they seem a bit too much like nines for my liking. I suppose I'm just a bit old fashioned like that.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    element said:

it says to discuss this clock on the forums...

I like the font, although I dislike the twos they seem a bit too much like nines for my liking. I suppose I'm just a bit old fashioned like that.

I agree the twos are too much like nines. :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited April 2014
    Could we merge these two and any future timer speculation threads, please?

It is what it is. I'm delighted to see the BG:EE devs communicating with the public with exciting news, whatever it is. It will be what it will be.

Still, I'd rather not have to check a dozen threads posted by OP's who don't look first to see if there's already a speculation thread. ;)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    That would be nice. Either one of the admins will merge them, or I'll delete this one.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2014
    So if you go to http://www.baldursgate.com/ there is a countdown with a link to the forums.

Taking all bets, proceeds will go to buying a sale version of BG:EE if it is put back on sale.

1. Patch for BG:EE released
    2. Sale for BG:EE/BG2:EE announced
    3. Announcement they are going to do IWD and IWD2. (They recently purchased a domain.)

So there are apparently other threads I didn't notice (bad topics bad!). Merge, delete this one, or pony up some dough!
    Yet another thread about this!?!
    Well if you have been waiting 5 months for them to fix BG2:EE any news is good news. The development time at Beamdog is glacial.
    I don't think that it's glacial, they just have been doing Android and, before that, BG2:EE for iPad, which, yeah, it does have bugs, but, all the image/sound files for iPad version had to get re-written to occupy less disk space, they had to code, test (the testing is till going on) the android version, and also another patch for BG:EE has been announced (and launched for the beta testers).
    Also have in mine the number of people working on Beamdog, and how rushed people is nowadays is also something to have in mind.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    For the love of Bhaal, all 3 of these threads are on the same (first) page!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    cmk24 said:

meagloth said:

Heinrich said:

Could this be the mythical Adventure Y?

My guess is the Android release. Once that is out of the way maybe they can focus more on bug fixing.
    Does the play store have a review period like apple? I assume they do, and a countdown wouldn't work for this. Apple held bg2 for a month after beamdog submitted it, without any explanation.
    The play store does not have any review period, only apple does silly things like that.
    But certainly it can't be so immediate that they could have a countdown?
    CrevsDaak said:

I don't think that it's glacial, they just have been doing Android and, before that, BG2:EE for iPad, which, yeah, it does have bugs, but, all the image/sound files for iPad version had to get re-written to occupy less disk space, they had to code, test (the testing is till going on) the android version, and also another patch for BG:EE has been announced (and launched for the beta testers).
    Also have in mine the number of people working on Beamdog, and how rushed people is nowadays is also something to have in mind.

That's just you thinking. You can do that but it doesn't make it true. Other people can have opinions that are not the same as you.