Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    SHAZAM73 said:

Ok gonna go ahead and put on my noob/dunce hat on. Can't figure out how to install. Can someone direct me to the resources necessary? Is there an installation guide maybe?

You need to extract the zip file to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766 where it is instal and click on the setup-bg1npc.exe and instal, that simple good luck :)
    jackjacklolien
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014

@6011 = ~Paralytic Bolt~
    @6012 = ~Any target hit by this bolt must making a Saving Throw or be paralyzed for 5 rounds.

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
    – Hit target must save vs. Paralyzation or be stunned for 5 rounds

Damage: 1d10 (missile)
    Launcher: Crossbow

Weight: 1~
    @6101 = ~Sahuagin Chieftain~
    @6102 = ~Sahuagin~

Now in spanish...
    @6011 = ~Virote Paralizador~
    @6012 = ~Cualquier blanco es golpeado por este Virote, deberá hacer una tirada de salvamiento o quedar paralizado por 5 asaltos.

CARACTERÍSTICAS:

Aptitudes de combate:
    – Si un blanco es golpeado, este hacer una tirada de salvamiento contra Parlización/Polimorfismo o quedar Aturdido por 5 asaltos.

Daño: 1D10
    Tipo de daño: Proyectil
    Talento marcial: Ballesta

Peso: 1Ib~

@6101 = ~Sajuagín~
    @6012 = ~Jefe Sajuagín~

@AstroBryGuy‌ - Sorry for taking so much time.
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
  • SHAZAM73SHAZAM73 Member Posts: 11
    kaguana said:

SHAZAM73 said:

Ok gonna go ahead and put on my noob/dunce hat on. Can't figure out how to install. Can someone direct me to the resources necessary? Is there an installation guide maybe?

You need to extract the zip file to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766 where it is instal and click on the setup-bg1npc.exe and instal, that simple good luck :)
    So I have BGEE through steam which puts the installation files in:
    D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\data

from there I found no 00766 folder so I made one. That didn't work. I tried it in just the data folder and that too didn't work. Am I using the wrong download or something? I got it from this link:
    https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC

when I run the executable file it gives me this:
    -see attached file

can this mod not be run through steam?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited April 2014
    SHAZAM73 said:

kaguana said:

SHAZAM73 said:

So I have BGEE through steam which puts the installation files in:
    D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\data

from there I found no 00766 folder so I made one. That didn't work. I tried it in just the data folder and that too didn't work. Am I using the wrong download or something? I got it from this link:
    https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC

when I run the executable file it gives me this:
    -see attached file

can this mod not be run through steam?
    The mod needs to be installed in the same directory as the chitin.key file.

I'm on OSX, so I can't verify this, but I think the directory you want is
    D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\

Check that the file chitin.key is in that directory.
    jackjack
  • SHAZAM73SHAZAM73 Member Posts: 11
    hey that did it thanks, on to testing.
    kaguanajackjack
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited April 2014
    @AstroBryGuy have a look here for another correction to (all) libs:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=26318

And another one: This

OUTER_SPRINT "EBaldursGateARkionsHouse_L1" "AR0805"
    OUTER_SPRINT "EBaldursGateARkionsHouse_L2" "AR0806"

should be

OUTER_SPRINT "EBaldursGate_ArkionsHouse_L1" "AR0805"
    OUTER_SPRINT "EBaldursGate_ArkionsHouse_L2" "AR0806"

Post edited by jastey on
    Updates synced to GitHub:

Spanish translations for Sahuagin from @CrevsDaak‌.
    Corrections to crossplatform libs from @Jastey.

Thank you both for the updates!
    CrevsDaakkaguanajackjack
  • kisshukisshu Member Posts: 8
    Do i just need to apply the captain_apathy fix and music pack to the astrobryguy npc1 file?
    can't figure the diff between the shin setup and astrobryguy instructs. thnx fantastic work everyone:)
    If you download the version from my GitHub, you do not apply the captain_apathy fix.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip

The BG1NPC Music Pack is a separate addon mod for BG1NPC. That you would need to download separately.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @AstroBryGuy @Isaya @Shin you have PM at G3.
    thnx Astro a bunch! if at somepoint i become familliar with moding i'll try and help out somehow
    AstroBryGuy
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Does "The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack" works with current NPCProject version?
    @Etamin - Yes, it works fine so far. If you're on a Mac, be warned that the version of sox bundled with the download is a PowerPC binary. It needs to be replaced with an Intel binary.

I've got a version with an updated sox binary here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/OSX-Intel-bg1npcmusic-v5.zip
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Thank you @jastey
    AstroBryGuy
  • modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 107
    Are there any plans to combine the Music Pack with the NPC Project? Or is that not feasible with the different platforms?
    edited April 2014

Are there any plans to combine the Music Pack with the NPC Project? Or is that not feasible with the different platforms?

Historically, they have been separate. The current goal is to get BG1NPC fully compatible with BGEE. You can install the music pack before or after installing BG1NPC and it will work just fine.
    jackjack
    @astrobrygu would you recommend installing bg2tweak pack or any of its components at this time?
    kisshu said:

@astrobrygu would you recommend installing bg2tweak pack or any of its components at this time?

BG2 Tweaks is BGEE compatible. So, it should be fine to install. I install a few of the components myself.

jackjack
    edited April 2014
    @astrobryguy which do you use ? also i noticed your post about happy neutral npcs acting strange and saw some posts about crashes. Do you use any from scs strategems? thanks
    @kisshu - This is getting off-topic from BG1NPC, so I'll PM you.
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    edited April 2014
    game keeps crashing at an inn in baulder gate i have got me minsc dyhenair kivan ajantis khalid in party and it is the scene where dyhenair is sitting in crowded room looking at her journal
    edited April 2014
    Samething just happened when I rested in the sewer and the game crashed Also tried to move to friendly arm in and rested it crashed
    Post edited by chrstnmonks on
    error reads because for some reason can't upload file 1.2.0000.0008.dmp
    edited April 2014
    @chrstnmonks‌ - The common thread here seems to be a crash on rest.

1. Does it happen every time? If you save the game and you reload that game, does it crash every time you rest?

2. What other mods do you have loaded? A copy of the WeiDU.log would be good to see.

3. Can you upload a copy of a save game before the rest crash?
    edited April 2014
    1. Yes
    2. Kara tur, drizzit saga ,bg1 npc project ,aminus ,bgtap, bgtwp, bg2 tweaks saradas magic vynd rr ajantis bg1 expansion iwdentification
    3. Trying to but it's not letting me for some reason
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    edited April 2014
    @chrstnmonks, the forum doesn't allow all file type attachments - do you get "(filename.filetype) Uploaded file type is not allowed." alert? (left bottom corner, after you try to upload) If you do, simply archivize the files you want to upload and then attach, both *.zip and *.rar filetypes are recognized by the forum.
    jackjack
    here is one
    edited April 2014
    @chrstnmonks‌ - That's a crash dump file. I'll need a copy of a saved game where you have this issue. Can you into your saved game directory and zip up the directory for the saved game? Thanks.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    jackjack
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Is this mod available ?

Maybe we should start another topic with some ETA, because it's a pain to read the 900 + comments here.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Palanthis said:

Is this mod available ?

Maybe we should start another topic with some ETA, because it's a pain to read the 900 + comments here.

It is available but it not official release it only a beta.
    AS for new topic it should start with one that post the fixing so the first post will always have the last update file so maybe @AstroBryGuy will start a new one with the actual last update so it will be easier to follow it up, but that only if Astro want to do so :)
This discussion has been closed.