Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Palanthis, @Kaguana - We are currently doing a quest-by-quest review of the BG1NPC code, looking for missing scripts, items, strings, and dialog errors. I would hope that an "official" testing release could be ready soon (about half-way through the .tp2 file), but I don't have an ETA. At that time, I'll create a new thread.

The "work-in-progress" version on GitHub should install, but it does have errors.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip
    kaguanajackjackKavainCrevsDaak

1. Yes
    2. Kara tur, drizzit saga ,bg1 npc project ,aminus ,bgtap, bgtwp, bg2 tweaks saradas magic vynd rr ajantis bg1 expansion iwdentification
    3. Trying to but it's not letting me for some reason

@chrstnmonks‌ - There are a few other threads regarding crash on rest errors that result from items with errors being in bags of holding while resting.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22916/game-crashing-on-rest

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22883/game-crash-at-resting

That may be the cause here. If you can send me a zipped save game, I'd be happy to take a look.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @AstroBryGuy I know you guys open a workroom at GitHub to work on the file, but as for official there is none so far, and it good to know you all making a progress toward it keep up the good work, I just suggest a new topic so it will be easier to find the last update for people to get the mod if they wanna.
    laptopman666lolien
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    edited May 2014
    I figured it out it was that elven chainmail in the bag took it out everything was fine. Thank you for helping me
    jackjackAstroBryGuy
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    edited May 2014
    Yes i have been following this thread for some time now, It's great to see all this progress, to those who are working hard on this project, thank you sincerely. :) i have tried so many times to get back into BG1 but without this mod, the game just feels so, lonely, as in theres no interaction. so again, thank you all :D
    jackjack
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    kaguana said:

@AstroBryGuy I know you guys open a workroom at GitHub to work on the file, but as for official there is none so far, and it good to know you all making a progress toward it keep up the good work, I just suggest a new topic so it will be easier to find the last update for people to get the mod if they wanna.

yes i agree, reading through all of these comments to find out exactly what is going on was mind boggling :O
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I just installed NPC Project Music Pack and have noticed the music doesn't end when conversation finish. The only was to stop it is to exit current area (changing building doesnt help). Should it work like this? Music wasn't like this in BGII as far as i remember.
    BTW in BGII music accompany every talkings or only love ones?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @AstroBryGuy
    Thanks for you great work. I've send you PM. Maybe you miss it?
    Etamin said:

I just installed NPC Project Music Pack and have noticed the music doesn't end when conversation finish. The only was to stop it is to exit current area (changing building doesnt help). Should it work like this? Music wasn't like this in BGII as far as i remember.
    BTW in BGII music accompany every talkings or only love ones?

The BG2 engine has "songs" and "sounds". IIRC, the game's background music is played as songs. The BG1NPC music files aren't played as songs, they are played as sounds, like a character speaking a line of dialog. So, they won't necessarily work like music in BG2.

In my experience, the music files should play to their end. Each is about a minute long. Are the files continuing to play longer than that? If that's too long, you could go in with a wav editor like Audacity and trim the files.
    jackjackEtaminCrevsDaak
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited May 2014
    I just thought it will work like in BGII so the immersion between BGI and BGII thanks to this mod will be perfect. Now i think i will pass on it (don't want love music when i fight pack of hobgoblins half minut after conversation). Thanks for explanation.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @Etamin - I think the music pack is a separate, optional install. I love this mod so far, so if the only thing bothering you is the lengthy music, I'd try it w/out the music pack installed.
    jackjack
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2014
    Hello guys, I have a little problem here. I wanted try Shar-Teel romance, but nothing happen and she didn't talk to me. When I installed this romance component, I choose lovetalks every real 15 minutes. I playing as a blackguard and in my party are Kagain, Shar-Teel, Viconia, Montaron and Xzar. All I know, that her requirements are:

Charisma: 11 or above
    Strength: 11 or above
    Alignments: All evil, Chaotic Neutral and True Neutral
    Races: All but Halflings
    Reputation: Has to be below 10 for romance to initiate and continue

Is there a problem, because I playing as a Paladin? There have been not mentioned some class requirements, only this. I also tested, how will Ajantis react, when I playing this kit. Because I know, that there is a special dialogue with PC paladin and Ajantis. In Player-Initiated Dialogues, I can say Ajantis this:

"It's good to have another paladin around, Ajantis. Together, we will smite any evil, when we will see it!

But blackguard says only this:

"It's good to have paladin around, Ajantis."

So basically, blackguard is not a real paladin. Then why she didn't talked to me by every 15 minutes?
    Can this be somehow solved? Thanks!

Post edited by Rylorn23 on
    jackjack
    Rylorn23 said:

Hello guys, I have a little problem here. I wanted try Shar-Teel romance, but nothing happen and she didn't talk to me. When I installed this romance component, I choose lovetalks every real 15 minutes. I playing as a blackguard and in my party are Kagain, Shar-Teel, Viconia, Montaron and Xzar. All I know, that her requirements are:

Charisma: 11 or above
    Strength: 11 or above
    Alignments: All evil, Chaotic Neutral and True Neutral
    Races: All but Halflings
    Reputation: Has to be below 10 for romance to initiate and continue

Is there a problem, because I playing as a Paladin? There have been not mentioned some class requirements, only this. I also tested, how will Ajantis react, when I playing this kit. Because I know, that there is a special dialogue with PC paladin and Ajantis. In Player-Initiated Dialogues, I can say Ajantis this:

"It's good to have another paladin around, Ajantis. Together, we will smite any evil, when we will see it!

So basically, blackguard is not a real paladin. Then why she didn't talked to me by every 15 minutes?
    Can this be somehow solved? Thanks!

Yes, the issue is that your PC is a paladin. The dialog code for Shar-Teel's romance has a Paladin/Ranger check that will count a Blackguard as a Paladin.

I'll have to think about a way to code around it, but that also works on Tutu/BGT.
    Rylorn23CrevsDaakjackjack
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    Hey recently installed this and have been having a great time, only two small issues that I've noticed so far,

1. There appears to be 2 colquette family amulets (not game breaking or anything obviously)
    2. The cloudpeak Dryad ichor didn't drop for Xzars mithral ring quest (Does anyone know the Clua console code for it?)
    @Rylorn - If you know how to use the CLUAConsole, try these commands to kick-start the Shar-Teel romance:
    IncrementGlobal("X#SharGoodCheck","GLOBAL",1)
    RealSetGlobalTimer("X#SharInterestTime","GLOBAL",900)
    SetGlobal("X#SharMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    jackjack
    Rylorn23 said:

So basically, blackguard is not a real paladin.

Actually, a Blackguard would detect as a Paladin for a class check (which is what Shar-Teel's romance uses and the Ajantis PIDs). However, the Ajantis PIDs also have a check for Player1 being evil. It won't give the "another paladin" option if the player is evil. I think I can add the alignment check to the Shar-Teel romance and it should work (unless you have a Blackguard you've EE-Keepered to good or are wearing the Helm of Opposite Alignment).
    Rylorn23
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    jobby said:

1. There appears to be 2 colquette family amulets (not game breaking or anything obviously)

That's an EE bug, it happened to me too even without this mod, not sure why it happens and I couldn't replicate it due the fact I was playing Multi-player with a friend.
    jackjackSirK8
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    @AstroBryGuy - Thanks. I will reinstall all mods and then try it again with the same character and the cheatconsole.
    jackjack
    For some reason Laurel (gibberling quest) is hostile when I see her on the road and I don't know why ? is it related to this mod ? I don't find anywhere else about it.
    @CrevsDaak Ah ok, after reading the Npc project FAQ I think the Dryad Ichor failed to drop because i just chunked her without talking to the two thugs, nvm lol.

Re. the Shar-teel romance that hasn't started for me yet either, i set all the talks to the standard (1 hour),
    Lawful evil fighter/mage elf PC, 18 str and 18 charisma (with the ring of human influence, only 10 without). Also my rep is 8 (below 10).
    jackjack
    @jobby, @Rylorn23‌ - Can one of you send me a save game? I'll need to investigate this further.
    @kaguana - Did Laurel say anything to you?
    This seems to have been reported previously in this thread an a workaround was posted, but the fix doesn't seem to have made it into the installer since I recently experienced it as well:

jackjack
    @SirK8‌ - I uploaded the x#cutspy fixes 6 days ago. When did you download BG1NPC?
    jackjack
    @AstroBryGuy‌

Here you go, hopefully you can work it out, cheers for the support and i have to admit BG1 is a different game with this installed!

Failing that I'll try and initiate it via the console using the instructions you suggested earlier.
    @AstroBryGuy‌ - I can't recall, but it was more than six days ago. Sorry about the false alarm.
    edited May 2014
    @Jobby - I'm not sure why its didn't fire properly, but it looks like you missed a variable being set. In the CLUA Console enter:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("x#ShMale","Global",1)
    Then, force talk Shar-Teel.

@Rylorn23‌ - This might work for you too.
    Rylorn23
    SirK8 said:

@AstroBryGuy‌ - I can't recall, but it was more than six days ago. Sorry about the false alarm.

No problem. I was worried the fix was broken.

@kaguana - Did Laurel say anything to you?

no she is just hostile and attacking me
This discussion has been closed.