Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• vierraevierrae Member Posts: 103
    @SuperFeature Actually, he was :)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    bengoshi said:

Maybe not so suited for the in-game portraits...

Actually I think it works as long as the style remains consistent. And if you use all of them, it doesn't get more consistent. You just need one for the protagonist too and you're good to go imo. If you think about it there's nothing that makes the default portraits particularily Baldur's Gatey as their style doesn't match up with the sprites or paper dolls.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Great point @meagloth. For me, it continues to influence the way I see the game, as well... The inter-mingling of BG1 and BGII (character sprites, some items) and now even IWD (if you use the new official portraits) art styles in BG:EE really affects the mood of the game for me. I still fire up vanilla BG1 on occasion because it's more immersive to me. BG:EE feels kind of messily inconsistent in the art style department to be honest, but they were more consistent than TuTu so that's a plus.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Vylla said:

Atatching a profile picture for everyone to enjoy; a "Baldurized" picture of myself :) And the same pic I have for my skald. Colours taken from Jaheiras portrait nad the hair colour is from the game to.

Imoen?? Is that you??
  • VyllaVylla Member Posts: 11
    Haha, no. Unfortunately I'm to clumpsy :P
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    @bengoshi @meagloth‌

Why does Edwin have hair? Nitpick I know but Edwin is bald. Like every other Red Wizard, male or female, ever. Bald. With an epic beard.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

@bengoshi @meagloth‌

Why does Edwin have hair? Nitpick I know but Edwin is bald. Like every other Red Wizard, male or female, ever. Bald. With an epic beard.

I dunno. Because hair is cooler than no hair. (I don't like the idea of Edwin being bald, personally, or Minsc having hair, for that matter. I don't really give a crap about lore, and I think long hair is way cooler than no hair. I would hate to be bald or shaved. It fits Edwin better. It works for Minsc cause he's a fighter type, so it makes sense. But Edwin should not be bald.)
    Though do you actually see hair in the portraits, either of them?
    imageimage

Doesn't look like it. I think that stuff in the bg2 portraits is cloth, not hairdo if you want him to be bald, I don't think it's a problem. I think it's a preference thing. You don't see any hair, but you don't see a lack of hair either. You get to pick. That's why you see both in the fanart.
    As for the beard, I take the bg2 portraits with a grain of salt. Edwin is not the kind of man who has a nose piercing on a chain, ready to be yanked it battle.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Wow. If that's not his best work. . . Stunning.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited July 2014
    Isandir said:

I can't spend too much time here or I get the urge to comment in every thread again and constantly make portraits...

I'm sure we'd be able to manage if that happened.

Why does Edwin have hair?

Because he's convinced all barbers outside of Thay are complete and utter buffoons that cannot be trusted with a shaving knife near his head.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Isandir said:

@Isandir: since I'm not sure you've read my PM I'll simply namedrop you. ;D

I did receive it, and I'll hopefully be able to give it a shot over the weekend. I'm midway through the first week of my new job, and it's rather intense (in a good way for the most part). That also means I'll unfortunately be posting far less at the moment, so I'm hoping to see @Syntia13 (where have you been?) @vierrae and others offering some more of their creations.
    Hey, I read this just today: because of some obscure forum magic this thread was bookmarked no more! O,o
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    However: Welcome back, @Isandir‌!! :)
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Isandir said:

CaloNord said:

Wow. If that's not his best work. . . Stunning.

As @Heindrich and some of the others can tell you, I tend to be overly critical of my own work. Every time I make a portrait and look back at it, I see all of the elements that could be much better. The good side is that it means I keep trying to make them better out of sheer obsessive-compulsiveness...
    Can be a good trait to have!! I do the same thing with anything I do. Your work is incredible but there is always room for improvement the way I see it! :D

Welcome back!! :):)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Isandir said:

This would make a really nice alt for Eldoth IMO.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Isandir said:

This would make a really nice alt for Eldoth IMO.
    Mmm. To pretty for eldoth. And not stoned enough. The guy in the meme with the funny hat would be perfect. What he called.... Douche bag Doug or something.