Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase III

18911131417

Comments

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,910
    @shawne‌

    Don't give up just yet. I think you see too much negativity. To me, Trent has just reiterated that the 1.3 patch for BG:EE is nearly done and has told us some news - that BG2:EE for Android will follow that patch. This is good news. I didn't know when we would get it and thought BG2:EE for Android will be long after the patch for BG2:EE.

    Also, I'd like to quote @Effiny‌ and say that when Trent himself promises something is soon it won't take much time to be released. So, don't give up.

    No matter how differently we look at Beamdog, I don't want you to give up, personally.

    EffinyAstroBryGuyAdulCrevsDaak
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 228
    bengoshi said:



    The first word about "when" in terms of the Android version of BG2:EE ;)
    So the patch will be released soon! That's great news!



    Come on..

    Moravenelminster
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    edited May 2014
    Trent prophesied... pfff

    How massive is it?! Graphicall? LANGUAGES? More Gore Options?! Bugskiller?! I want to see what how long they ready are?

    Dee said: Successful Tests: 0 / 721

    Now Succesful Tests: ?/ 721

  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited May 2014
    Daralon87 said:

    Trent prophesied... pfff

    How massive is it?! Graphicall? LANGUAGES? More Gore Options?! Bugskiller?! I want to see what how long they ready are?

    Dee said: Successful Tests: 0 / 721

    Now Succesful Tests: ?/ 721

    This "public beta" is kinda of a joke. The 1.2 BGEE patch beta worked because people were felt that BGEE patch was really needed at the time, but most importantly because Beamdog employees themselfs got really involved. Especially in the way of keeping the beta builds relatively close to their internal builds, and "blue presence" on the beta forums.

    Not to mention that Beamdog themselfs don't seem to really know what the plan is this time. I doubt when this beta was originally launched in December that they planned to have it running still half a year later.

    There is lot more demand for the BG2EE patch so I think that beta could be successful like the 1.2 beta was, but only if Beamdog actively supports the process.

    Edit: Just to make clear though I still think that even this kinda of crowdsourcing the testing, before officially releasing the patches to everyone is still better than not doing it at all. It could be done lot better though as the 1.2 beta showed.

    Edit2: Also they should use Steam's beta build functionality to allow bringing the massive amount of people who bought these games from there to the beta testing process.

    jackjackAdulelminster
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,787
    shawne said:


    I just... I give up.

    I'm done.

    Finally.

    OtakuCrevsDaakFlashburn
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 806
    I'm very suprised why @Dee still didn't close this topic. The drama level reached over 9000 and is still rising.

    CrevsDaakNecdilzorSCARY_WIZARD
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 451
    But it's no source of news, it's whining ...

    jorgehalcarazCrevsDaak
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Dee said:

    Change Log (4/1/2014):

    New Feature for Tablets: Trigger Icons Through the Magnifying Glass Tool (2499)

    Tablet-users will notice something new when they press the Magnifying Glass tool: any object that can be interacted with now displays the action trigger icon for that object. This means that doors will display door icons and chests will display chest icons (or lock icons if they're locked); it also means that area exits (aside from world map transitions), information hot spots, and activity areas such as switches will all display the appropriate icons as well. No more guessing where the switch is in that room full of traps, and no more fumbling around for the exit when you're ready to leave the dungeon. Just tap on the icon, and away you go.

    image

    If you're on a desktop or laptop computer and you like the way that looks, you can enable it on your non-tablet game by adding the following line to your Baldur.ini file:

    'Game Options', 'Show Triggers On Tab', '1',

    Note that ground piles won't show this icon, in order to reduce screen clutter as much as possible.
    @Dee and everyone else. Is there a way to have the PC version toggle this on or off without always holding the tab key just like the android version? I like that I can just push the button once per area, and it's very handy in battle to see how both party and monsters are hurting in real time.

  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    luskan said:

    Dee said:

    Change Log (4/1/2014):

    New Feature for Tablets: Trigger Icons Through the Magnifying Glass Tool (2499)

    Tablet-users will notice something new when they press the Magnifying Glass tool: any object that can be interacted with now displays the action trigger icon for that object. This means that doors will display door icons and chests will display chest icons (or lock icons if they're locked); it also means that area exits (aside from world map transitions), information hot spots, and activity areas such as switches will all display the appropriate icons as well. No more guessing where the switch is in that room full of traps, and no more fumbling around for the exit when you're ready to leave the dungeon. Just tap on the icon, and away you go.

    image

    If you're on a desktop or laptop computer and you like the way that looks, you can enable it on your non-tablet game by adding the following line to your Baldur.ini file:

    'Game Options', 'Show Triggers On Tab', '1',

    Note that ground piles won't show this icon, in order to reduce screen clutter as much as possible.
    @Dee and everyone else. Is there a way to have the PC version toggle this on or off without always holding the tab key just like the android version? I like that I can just push the button once per area, and it's very handy in battle to see how both party and monsters are hurting in real time.

    At the moment, no. I agree it's a useful feature, though!

    luskan
  • OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    Etamin said:

    I'm very suprised why @Dee still didn't close this topic. The drama level reached over 9000 and is still rising.

    You see this totally wrong whether positive or negative posts is still the topic of conversation the main thing Beamdog and its product. it is always good to be in conversation ;-)

    Adul
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,787
    edited May 2014
    @Dee
    Well, I'm sorry for that. If I'm not allowed to express how I fell about the direction certain community is taking they way I did, then I'll stop. One would say I could have done it in more polite way, but in reallity there is no polite way to express this with a good accuracy.

    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    I can understand the frustrations people can have about something that they really care about. I know all about being completely dissatisfied with a video game. Don't ever mention these three words to me-Bethesda, Skyrim, Playstation. That was probably the most fed up and dissatisfied I've ever been, or will be with a video game/company. That scenario was more or less, flat out stealing. Though BGEE and BG2EE has its issues, they are far from unplayable. At least the game works... I think everyone should just calm down a bit. It's ok to be a little annoyed with the slow progress, but keep the unwarranted exaggerations at bay. It just makes people look silly IMO

    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovBalquo
  • yoyodtyyoyodty Member Posts: 2
    Can we get the chinses on ios version?

  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    bengoshi said:

    @shawne‌
    Don't give up just yet. I think you see too much negativity. To me, Trent has just reiterated that the 1.3 patch for BG:EE is nearly done and has told us some news - that BG2:EE for Android will follow that patch. This is good news. I didn't know when we would get it and thought BG2:EE for Android will be long after the patch for BG2:EE

    You make it sound like a good thing. But I absolutitiously disagree. I was already angry and disappointed when Android BG1 was prioritized over a months-due BG2 patch. Then I was even angrier when the BG1 1.3 patch was prioritized over the BG2 patch since it is much more polished and has a lot less serious and partly game breaking bugs than BG2.

    And now you're telling me that BG2 for android will again be prioritized over the patch which is now more than 6 months due with a horribly buggy new content?! We saw how long it takes to release a patch after the android version! Again months for people who have already paid (twice in my case) for BG2EE.

    Say it with me: we don't want monster patches that take forever, we want quick fixes for the most glaring game-breaking bugs and low hanging fruits. I have made this point with elaborate reasoning several times.

    I give up as well, some people here seem to think @TrentOster‌ walks on water but to me he has no clue whatsoever on how to keep a fanbase that was absolutely incredible and motivated happy.

    MarkosAdulelminster
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Rann said:

    So let me ask anyone who hasn't gotten bored with my "apologia" yet -- if Beamdog increased the cadence of patches via less validation -- just as an example -- in order to get bits out faster, how would you react to that if it meant that things might not be as perfectly fixed as they might otherwise be? Would that be OK if you knew that the next patch was a mere four weeks away? Two weeks away? Assume that the faster the cadence, the less validation you get, and the more likely that some problem won't be root-cause fixed. (Frankly, I grapple with this question in my job every day -- it's an honest question I'm asking here.)

    The problem is that in Beamdog's case both cadence and validation have been lacking because of other factors. Namely, BG1:EE for Android, BG2:EE for Android, and the 1.3 patch for BG1:EE on all other platforms. These are the ones that we know of—there might be other projects going on in the background. If they moved these three projects out of the way (assuming they hadn't made binding deals with the publisher in this respect) and delayed them just a bit, there would have been a lot more resources they could devote to BG2:EE patching and QA to ensure that customers who have already purchased the game don't get left with a largely flawed product.

    And yes, with all resources on hand bugfixing would have been much faster. The betas are there for a reason. You take 5 or so of the most offending issues, you fix them (that's the easy part), then update your beta builds with the fixes. In a week or so of devoted internal testing as well as public feedback, you can be fairly sure that the fixes worked. Then you push the update to the stable platforms and move on to the next batch of issues. There is no need to develop new features while this is going on, or if you absolutely have to, you don't push those volatile features in the bugfixing phase. Developing new features and other releases while one of your recent releases is in a less-than-desirable condition is bad practice.

    Once again, the only reason Beamdog are receiving the feedback they do from a significant portion of their community is because they have taken six months—and counting—to push sorely needed bugfixes. That's not "taking long", it's not even "late", we have passed those marks about three months ago. There is only so much a devoted and supportive community can take before starting to turn sour.

    elminsterSkaffen
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Skaffen said:

    I was already angry and disappointed when Android BG1 was prioritized over a months-due BG2 patch. Then I was even angrier when the BG1 1.3 patch was prioritized over the BG2 patch since it is much more polished and has a lot less serious and partly game breaking bugs than BG2.

    And now you're telling me that BG2 for android will again be prioritized over the patch which is now more than 6 months due with a horribly buggy new content?! We saw how long it takes to release a patch after the android version! Again months for people who have already paid (twice in my case) for BG2EE.

    This is only a guess, but I think Beamdog is contractually obligated to release BG2:EE for Android before a certain date. Or if not by a certain date, than within a given time frame of the other platforms. I don't think the Android version is something they can shelf for much longer without running into a breach of contract. But again, I have no idea what Beamdog's contract looks like, so this is all speculation.

    JuliusBorisovjackjackAdulCrevsDaak
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited May 2014
    I am pretty sure that we can get paid expansion pack before 2020 , but I am not sure if BG1/2EE still can support modern OS when that day coming,

  • MoravenMoraven Member Posts: 8
    please close the forum, shut down Beamdog and sell the rights on Baldurs Gate to another company.
    Doenst matter what company, will getting better anyway.

  • MazuoMazuo Member Posts: 6
    People would be a little more impressed if 2 months hadn't gone by with no actual progress reported. There was no point in making a public beta thread with milestones if none are ever reached and we're all left clueless as to what actually needs any testing, if anything.

    The silence in regard to what the hell is happening is maddening. Delays and bugs can be dealt with if anyone actually bothers to tell us what's holding it up. Checking this thread every day to see that still no one's bothered to communicate why 1.3 isn't here, what it all entails and what the future plans are is getting rather pathetic.

    Moraven
  • lanlynlanlyn Member Posts: 7
    Moraven said:

    please close the forum, shut down Beamdog and sell the rights on Baldurs Gate to another company.
    Doenst matter what company, will getting better anyway.

    stop being so melodramatic. The game works fine. I have been playing 60+ plus and encountered zero problems .

    CrevsDaak
  • OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    Messi said:

    One thing for everyone to remember is that BGEE was launched 1.5 years ago, and BD are still providing support for it when many companies abandon their games months after the launch. I think for a game you only had to pay 20 euros for that is very impressive!

    uuh thats a joke or ? yes its cost not so much, yes Beamdog patch that game right after that "long" time.... But i have not pay money for a beta game ... have you this ? is it for you not a problem give your money for a beta game and wait a long time to use it with all feature ? not realy or .... sorry.... if people write that make me angry.

    elminster
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    I`m so hopeful, this is the LAST big Patch 1.3

This discussion has been closed.