Skip to content

(Rebooted!) The tale of Loser: Meagloth's 24-roll no-reload run!(complete!)

meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
Right, here goes this. I'll warn you I've never gotten past Tarnesh without reloading before, but what the hell.

This was inspired by @CrevsDaak‌ in this thread when this happened:
SethDavis said:

Ygramul said:

Ygramul:the engine forces us to play the cream of the cream among humans

Sethdavis:Well, you could play a 9/3/3/3/3/3 fighter by deallocating points and hitting done with them in the pool... if you were feeling masochistic.
CrevsDaak said:

crevsdaak: @SethDavis‌ that'd be suicide, not masochism :P

meagloth said:

meagloth: @CrevsDaak‌ i am so proving you wrong.

So here it is, people! I decided to go with a party, and make it no reload. No-reload just seems like a purer challenge than a just trying to get lucky with Tarnesh over and over again for an hour.
Post edited by meagloth on
SethDavisCrevsDaakbooinyoureyesBlackravenJuliusBorisovlolienSuperFeatureNonnahswriterElrandirbbearmashedtaters

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited June 2014
    Not to burst your bubble, but with a good party this challenge won't be that hard. It really comes down to how you play him, at the front or back of your group?
    Blackravenlolien
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited June 2014
    @SionIV‌, oh,yeah, totally. I know. This is mostly a joke, but I saw crevs comment and I was like challenge accepted! And I had to do something. I'm not much of a powergamer, so a solo would be pretty short. I'm trying to make it as funny as I can, it really isn't hard at all. But it is my first serious no reload, so I'm good with it.
    SionIVlolienRavenslight
  • IknownothingIknownothing Member Posts: 2
    When you level up can you lose hit points due to the con penalty? Extra style points if you do

When you level up can you lose hit points due to the con penalty? Extra style points if you do

Like negative hit points?:P, no not like that.

It says I get 10 hit points with a -2 penalty, so I can roll 8 max, but it's no reload. I'll probably end with like 40 or something:)
  • IknownothingIknownothing Member Posts: 2
    But if you roll a 1?
    meagloth
    O_o Idunno
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Pfff, BG1 is *too* easy without SCS (and my little mod to add a bunch of levels). I've beaten BG1 with a level one fighter, though I had to reload twice due the game crashing (1.0.2012 iPad version :/). Still mine was min-maxed and had 18/xx 18 18 11 3 18 at the start of the game.
    Blackraven
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    edited June 2014
    I really laugh, good run so far ! But isn't Loser a 24 roll actually ? (9+3+3+3+3+3=24). It looks like a 44 roll is FAR TOO HIGH for someone like Loser.

PS : The Constitution malus can't make you lose HP, you actually gain 1 HP on a 1 roll no matter what. If you roll a 2 for example, it will be reduced to 1.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    edited June 2014
    meagloth said:

Still more useful than Cernd

I like cernd:/

@CrevsDaak‌ it did seem out of character for you to think any challenge to hard. I could see you beating bg1 on a level one, poverty, SCS, no-reload, 44-roll, solo wizard slayer run :P @SionIV‌ have you tried that yet?:P
    No i haven't tried anything like that yet, had a 9 all stats solo rogue no-reload SCS challenge where i got from candlekeep to underdark (mind flayer lair) before i died though. But nothing as wild as the above mentioned. :P

In my opinion it would be close to impossible with a Wizard Slayer because you'll need the potions to buff your stats for the harder fight, only way for a solo fighter to win some of the harder fights later on in the game.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    SionIV said:

meagloth said:

Still more useful than Cernd

I like cernd:/

@CrevsDaak‌ it did seem out of character for you to think any challenge to hard. I could see you beating bg1 on a level one, poverty, SCS, no-reload, 44-roll, solo wizard slayer run :P @SionIV‌ have you tried that yet?:P
    No i haven't tried anything like that yet, had a 9 all stats solo rogue no-reload SCS challenge where i got from candlekeep to underdark (mind flayer lair) before i died though. But nothing as wild as the above mentioned. :P

In my opinion it would be close to impossible with a Wizard Slayer because you'll need the potions to buff your stats for the harder fight, only way for a solo fighter to win some of the harder fights later on in the game.
    ya, i know. it was a joke, i dont think anyone could do that. then again, i didnt think anyone could do ToB in five minutes until i saw that video.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Should call this the Mellow Gold playthrough!
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I enjoyed this run a lot. I was sad to see it end so soon as I like a good chuckle. :)
    JuliusBorisovSethDavisBlackravenElrandir

I enjoyed this run a lot. I was sad to see it end so soon as I like a good chuckle. :)

Oh, well, thanks. I wish it could have gotten farther. I was a bit distracted today, I shouldn't have been playing no reload. The fact that it was iPad as well didn't help. Being able to carry it around and stuff makes it feel a lot more casual, and so sometimes you don't take it as seriously or pay as much attention :/ the sacrifices I make to get through math class:P
    Ravenslightlunar
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Ah here's my cue: "Good luck with the Illithids in BG2".
    Archaos said:

Ah here's my cue: "Good luck with the Illithids in BG2".

Well, actually, I'm a bezerker....
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @meagloth‌ My condolences! It was a fun idea and I think everyone expected this journey to end sooner rather than later but still it's sad.

"The realms call, and you go. He sounds a fine lad taken too soon, but doing what he was meant. If you'll suffer my company, I'll buy a round and toast his memory with you.

To Loser! Rest... rest ye well."
    RavenslightBlackravenlolienElrandir
    bengoshi said:

@meagloth‌ My condolences! It was a fun idea and I think everyone expected this journey to end sooner rather than later but still it's sad.

"The realms call, and you go. He sounds a fine lad taken too soon, but doing what he was meant. If you'll suffer my company, I'll buy a round and toast his memory with you.

To Loser! Rest... rest ye well."

Achhht...
    I was actually hoping to get to cloakwood, if not the gate. With a party, it's really not that different than with a 90-roll CHARNAME. He's only one sixth of the group. Honestly, I was a little bored. I'd forgotten how easy the beginning of the gem is when you have a party :/
    I think I may try it again, maybe even solo. Also probably fewer pictures. Having to remember to take a screenshot of everything was another distraction.
    JuliusBorisov
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Solo as well? Oh my! :) Quartz’s sound set is perfect for this. I do hope your planning on allowing yourself reloads… :)
    QuartzBlackravenJuliusBorisovlolien
    Bastard swords.... Need 11 strength. Here we go again:/
    RavenslightJuliusBorisovlolien
    meagloth said:

Use your Barbarian Rage!

JuliusBorisovlolien
    edited June 2014
    SionIV said:

meagloth said:

Use your Barbarian Rage!

Hrpf. Ain't nobody got time for that. I hadn't played at all anyway. Now, third times a charm:

Now with a long sword *, and the same ** in slings, and * in sword and shield. Other than that same character.

I will (try to, at least) write this as a first person journal. I am allowing myself 5 reloads, and I will relieve potential companions of their unnecessary possessions and immediately kick them out.
    RavenslightJuliusBorisovlolienElrandir