Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase III

Comments

• hughcaldhughcald Member Posts: 9
    Get over it, play the game, enjoy them while you can. This version is so much better than previous presentations and I started with D&D in the 60s.
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    Yes the game is playable, and yet at times it seems like the DM is a bit drunk, slurs the story a bit, sometimes forgets to give or end a quest, and I'm pretty sure those special dice he makes us use from time to time are weighted, and not in our favor. And then there is the question of why the DM keeps leaving the game table for what seems like months at a time... but yes, I do like the EE editions very much, and don't regret my purchases as of yet, and dearly hope other games will get the same treatment.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Well, it's common for the elderly to mistake years and decades of the earlier, lost eras.
  • DartsiniZDartsiniZ Member Posts: 4
    Could someone explain to me the relationship between the 0/721 counter in the first post of this thread and actual beta progress?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    DartsiniZ said:

Could someone explain to me the relationship between the 0/721 counter in the first post of this thread and actual beta progress?

The two values are unrelated. The counter indicates zero progress in this phase, while the actual beta test has been ongoing since before this thread.
  • DartsiniZDartsiniZ Member Posts: 4
    jackjack said:

DartsiniZ said:

The two values are unrelated. The counter indicates zero progress in this phase, while the actual beta test has been ongoing since before this thread.
    I get that we are in phase 3, but since previous phases seem to have proceeded well before their counter reached the set number of successful tests I question if the purpose is to give any meaningful information to people outside of the beta or something else.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Chow said:

Well, it's common for the elderly to mistake years and decades of the earlier, lost eras.

I wholeheartedly agree :D
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

I think at this point, it is safe to say that the counter is not providing any meaningful information. ;-)

maybe it's meaningful that it hasn't been updated.

• zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Beamdog has a tendency to use worthless information to pacify customers.
  • TheSargeTheSarge Member Posts: 20
    Dee said:

the patch has over 200 fixes and features, so it's definitely worth waiting for.

200 fixes = awesome. Well worth the wait.
  • NexusNexus Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2014
    It's largely because they only have two trolls, four gibberlings, three xvarts, and one wyvern managing them. :P

Yeah guys, still waiting for the patch. Just an update post on where your at please? cheezburgers something something?

EDIT: I finished my recent BG1:EE run and didn't have the horrid stuttering/crashes in the final battle. Thanks guys, keep working on it!
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283

I don't get why the updates have to be so massive that they require extensive beta testing every time. Why not release smaller patches more often, like every other company in the industry?

kinda like EA right? only their "small" quick patches, break more things than they fix, you guys really want that?

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Nexus said:

It's largely because they only have two trolls, four gibberlings, three xvarts, and one wyvern managing them

Ugh xvarts don't tell HR I said this, but they are SO worthless. Hire an ogre mage. Or some kobolds, or...or even liches!
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    You could always outsource to Sigil. I'm sure the Brothel for Slating Intellectual Lusts might have someone on hand to help out.
  • TheSargeTheSarge Member Posts: 20

Nexus said:

It's largely because they only have two trolls, four gibberlings, three xvarts, and one wyvern managing them

Ugh xvarts don't tell HR I said this, but they are SO worthless. Hire an ogre mage. Or some kobolds, or...or even liches!
    Are you crazy?! Sure the Litch will create an efficient and productive workplace, but that comes at the cost of sucking the life-force out of all the workers and then abandoning the place to moving on to another development house. Now the ogre-mage on the other hand.....
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    They need Bargrivyek, the god of cow-operations! Errr, wait...
    What about the Flaming Fist? Reasonably affordable, loyal, effective, will uphold the law, probably won't kill anyone?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    It would be nice to see some patch notes on the things being fixed.. I think that would give us all a little "it's worth the wait"-feeling :)
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    "The road to version 1.3"
    are we there yet ?

are we there yet ?

We'll get there when we get there!
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    TheSarge said:

Dee said:

the patch has over 200 fixes and features, so it's definitely worth waiting for.

200 fixes = awesome. Well worth the wait.
    This answer would i hear, good. Dee avoided me the issue with percent.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited June 2014
    Mokona said:

Chow said:

are we there yet ?

We'll get there when we get there!
    *Camera pans out and reveals the car is on a giant treadmill*
    I lol'd more than I should have xD
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    Time has been stopped since 0/721...
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Hoo said:

Time has been stopped since 0/721...

look on the bright side, only 721 to go... ;-)
This discussion has been closed.