Skip to content

What phrase in the game do you hate the most?

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

"It's a me, Mario!"

Oh wait, that's from the wrong game.

"Heya, it's me Imoen!"

Yeah, that's better.

...I love both of those lines

I think Luigi is probably my favorite non-BG videogame character of all time (Yoshi is a close second)
    KamigoroshiAristillius
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Jenzafar said:

Ellisime: "I cannot help but feel we are partially responsible. It is something I'll have to ponder on."

Really? You stripped a raving sociopath of his immortality and sent him out into the world outside your precious, secluded, sheltered, elf-farts-smell-like-unicorn-candy Suldanesellar so he could torture and murder untold numbers of . . . well, they're just dirty outsiders and don't really count, so who cares?

And you say this to the person whose SOUL WAS STOLEN AND MISUSED by this exile, and still bothered to save your city because the Leaf Lord could barely be bothered to unlock the palace gate, let alone stop the exile from magic-killing your super-special magic-tree?

Nice. Nice. You ponder that, sweetie.

where is promote. :(
    "Help, my minions, heeeeelllllp!". Mulahey, you need to find better ones! Also I like to cycle through his sounds until he makes bodily function noises, so when I deal a critical hit, air is released from him.
    Montresor_SPQuartzJuliusBorisovBlackraven
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Ballad said:

Playing through SoA and ToB with SCS, I've really had it with the endless array of ueber-powerful high level mages and their spellcasting chants. While these are not phrases as such, I've grown to hate (and fear) most of them, especially:

Alteration - "Praeses, Alia, Fero" (Translation: "Protecting, another, I bring this forth" "You're four seconds away from being time stopped, buster!")

Necromancy - "Vita, Mortis, Careo" (Translation: "Life, and death, I am without" "How do you like me casting Abi Dalzim's on your most wounded party member?")

Divination - "Scio, Didici, Pecto" (Translation: "I know, for I have studied, with my mind" "Did you really think you could scout the area without me frying your ass first?")

Enchantment - "Cupio, Virtus, Licet" (Translation: "I want, excellence, allowed to me" "I hope you enjoy losing control of your party members")

Evocation - "Incertus, Pulcher, Imperio" (Translation: "Uncertain, beautiful things, I command" "Portraits are a'gonna turn gray.")

How did you find out what chants go with which schools?

That's one way. And it's a pretty good, if challenging, way to find out. Or you could find out which energy spheres go with which spells:

Red: Evocation (Fireball, Comet, Fireshields, etc.)

White with blue fringes: Alteration (Timestop, Burning Hands, Stoneskin, etc.)

Blue with white mixed in: Necromancy (Cure Light Wounds, Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, Horror, etc.)

Black with a green aura: Illusion (Invisibility, Mirror Image, etc.)

Yellowish: Enchantment (Chaos, Charm Person, etc.)

Off-white with little lightning bolt-like things coming off of the sphere: Divination (Find Traps, True Sight, etc.)

Green with a tiny bit of white in the middle: Abjuration (Minor Globe of Invulnerability, Dispel Magic, etc.)

Purple particles inside a purple circle: Conjuration (Melf's Acid Arrow, Dragon's Breath, Aerial Servant, etc.)

What's weird is that Farsight is Evocation.
    SCARY_WIZARDJuliusBorisov
    What's Transmutation?
    abazigal5 said:

What's Transmutation?

I mean, what's the color of its sphere of energy?

Just so everyone knows: I'm planning a blow-by blow account of my trip through Watcher's Keep. I'll start it either tomorrow or the day after.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    All of Minsc's catchphrases.
    BlackravenQuartz
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited June 2014
    abazigal5 said:

I love Sarevok's because they're so fitting (especially the one where he just laughs)

Well, you're welcome. ;) (01:00 and 01:58)
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited June 2014

@Ballad‌ I wish all DnD cRPG games had voice acting during spell casting. It's so wizardly. I was very sad to find this missing in the NWN games

I'm not sure what you mean. NWN mages use three-word incantations just like BG, such as "Obidiah, medulla, makat", and "Sesno, makat, blass!"

EDIT: Whoops, @Archaos already corrected this misinformation, and he even provided video.
    Archaos
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    By the Gods, how could I forget this one?

MY BHAAL ESSENCE HAS BEEN RIPPED FROM MY VERY SOOOOOUUUULLLLLLL . . .

Oh Sendai, you drama queen.
    simplesjackjackSionIV
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    Jenzafar said:

my magic will CRUSH you!
    JenzafarQuartz
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    simples said:

Jenzafar said:

my magic will CRUSH you!
    Sniveling maggot . . .
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    edited June 2014
    Another one for "Away with you, you pompous creep!" and pretty much the rest of this encounter.
    I actually push the mute button now, everytime I see it coming. (I restart too often)
    FlashburnQuartz
    Where exactly is the portal to the Twisted Rune hideout?
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    abazigal5 said:

Where exactly is the portal to the Twisted Rune hideout?

The following map shows the locations for a number of different things in the bridge district (including just random NPC's you can talk to as a number of these numbers aren't quest related). There are no descriptions provided, so its not significantly spoiling anything, but I figured I'd put it under a spoiler tag all the same.

Just a bit north north east of where the number 17 is there is a trapped door there (be warned you really want to make sure its been disarmed). In order to enter this "building" you need a rogue stone in your inventory. Anyways entering this door will transport you to the hideout.

But if you want a more general, less spoilerish version I'd say that particular doorway is roughly in the south eastern part of the map.
    jackjackMontresor_SP
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Anything that comes out of Khalid and Xans mouth. I like Khalid as a fighter but his timid, cowardly soundset is enough to drive one mad! Mad!
    Blackraven
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Anything that comes out of Khalid and Xans mouth. I like Khalid as a fighter but his timid, cowardly soundset is enough to drive one mad! Mad!

Hehe, those are my two favorite characters.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Anything from Neera annoys me.
    Empyrial
    Nalia's voice gets to me after a while.
    jackjack
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    But... she's helped lots of your kind!

Social justice ally, or social justice SALLY?!

No offense to anyone named Sally.
    I beat the Twisted Rune! However, Anomen got chunked, so I'm going to,have to get someone else.
    jackjackBlackraven
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    With great difficulty I've departed lately from my custom, almost an unwritten rule, to always play a Thief Charname (single, multi or occasionally dual). Because of it, I've been working with Thief NPCs I had little use for in the past. One NPC that I like a lot is Alora because of her cheerfulness, her halfingness (someone's gotta love them shorties), and the Alora BG2 mod, but.... one of her often recurring phrases is "I'm so sweet, I've got rotting teeth and gum". And I must say her chattering is starting to wear on my nerves.
    jackjackTurinMontresor_SPJuliusBorisov