Is the forum dying a little bit?

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited June 2014
    Anduin said:

Some days...

When I eat the wrong kind of foods...

I become so essential...

I start to leave essence wherever I go...

I also lose three points in charisma!

Familiar feeling... For me some workout is enough to became tasty.
    AnduinBlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Given @bengoshi‌ 's summon, I have to say I am a bit out and will likely be for a little while. One of these cases of "hmm, I got bored with the game" after playing too much. But I will be back in some time! :-)
    booinyoureyeslolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Actually I would like @Anduin to explain what he did to the green monster that appeared when the forum servers had problems :)
    jackjacklolienAnduinJuliusBorisov
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Im a bit in the same boat as @booinyoureyes‌ in that it has been a while since Ive played Bg, maybe 4 months? Strangely, I still like reading the game discussions though - but maybe a little less. Also, I dont suffer from restartitis, because I let the game lie until I figure out a really interesting charname/party that I will take all the way. When that happens I will probably be more interested in the game discussions again.

(I even plan to use mods for the first time :O Scs and NPC mod )

I really like the people on this forum at any rate, so I keep coming back. Only online community I know of where the majority dont froth-at-the-teeth due to spelling mistakes and can constructively contribute to any discussion :)
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovlolienCorvino
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Well this 'legend' (not my words, thank you so much @bengoshi, ever generous) is surely not retiring.
    My relative absence can be attribute to the highy entertaining World Cup and maybe the lack of a nice playthrough I'm involved in atm. Mucho restartitis... Might continue my Ranger dualled to Cleric I had kind of abandoned, and start posting about him. Anyway I love both the forum and the game a lot, so even if I were to stop posting about my hopeless playthroughs, I'd still be around :)
    JuliusBorisovjackjackSjerrie
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited June 2014
    Concerning @Isandir, I was actually planning on requesting him to do the portrait for me and Crevs' NPC mod ...

If this ever happens (I hope by some miracle you are reading this sir!), I am going to pay him even if it's not nearly as much as he deserves. He has real life commitments and his work is damn near top-notch. I have not seen anyone else get so close to the BG1 portrait art style.

Side note -- I still have to look for someone to do the BGII portrait as well. Different style, after all. If anyone could suggest me someone ... that would be appreciated.
    lolienbooinyoureyeselminster
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    edited June 2014
    @Quartz @Metalloman if only there was a program to "baldurize" photos or a tutorial or easy method or something... It's hard for me to bother someone else for portraits for the countless characters I dreamed up. May even be harder than finding photos in the first place. :p
    lolien
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited June 2014
    If anyone thinks the forum is dying, just look at the activity page... You'll see new people joining and reaching the first badges, the 5 posts badge, for instance, basically every single day.

Everyone should check the activity page anyway, lots of fun stuff happen there :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    MetallomanJuliusBorisovSjerrieNonnahswriter
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    "It's dead, Jim."
    MetallomanQuartzCrevsDaaklolien
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    @CoM_Solaufein‌: IMPOSSIBRU!

This forum has the yellow shirt. :|
    CrevsDaakelminster
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    This forum can't be dead - it's only been a day since I posted and there are 25 new posts. I don't need my stethoscope or an EEG machine to let me know life is still extant in this body of verbiage and wisdom.

The hell with the world cup for those who like to watch people kicking big round balls - I'm off to watch people hitting small green balls with instruments obviously not suited to the task! You may see a drop in my posting ;)
    Aristilliuslolien
    ^ that one was a Star Trek quote, I don't think he was serious, @kiwidoc‌! ;P
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    @Metalloman the first part of my post was referring to the title of the thread - and giving my medical opinion that this forum is still alive and kicking. The second part was in response to all the comments about the soccer world cup, and how much I prefer tennis to soccer.
    Metallomanlolien
    no problemo, I just misinterpreted your post as a direct reply to that quote, no need to explain. ;)
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    @Elminster That was bloody brilliant. Hahahaha the irony with this is we don't even like turnips... :P
    lolienMetallomanelminsterCrevsDaak
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited June 2014
    CaloNord said:

@Elminster That was bloody brilliant. Hahahaha the irony with this is we don't even like turnips... :P

Just speak in your own name please :)

(Edit: for turnips, i mean.)
    elminsterCaloNordCrevsDaak