Skip to content

(Beta Event) Bug-Hunt-Palooza

124»

Comments

• SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    found a couple of things (can't call them bugs though):
    - GUI behaves strangely, i.e. in the non-beta version if you click, let's say, spells icon and then click the empty (that is not occupied by spells icons) space in the available spell selection for casting you are NOT returned to the initial GUI panel;
    - reaction value in the char information screen includes reaction modifier from reputation. Me thinks only reaction modifier from charisma shall be shown, but i'm not sure if this is an intended behavior or not.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Skydog‌
    The spell selection bar is working the way it's supposed to; the previous behavior was a bug.

The "Reaction" modifier on the Record screen is a combination of your bonus from Charisma and your bonus from Reputation; both are used on reaction check events.
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    It's not only spell selection but special abilities menu as well. But if it's intended, well, it's okay then)))
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited July 2014
    Additional observational addendum: Once you try to connect to a multiplayer game, if your screen very briefly flashes black, you are guaranteed to connect to the host.

Nope, thats not right. Sometimes the screen will flash but the music will stop playing and the program will hang.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    The Final save appears to be created at/after the death cutscene, cancelling out before that point means the message "A final save has been created" is produced but the save isn't there.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Well @Tresset‌ is nothing if not persistent, rejoining a quick test of mine every couple of minutes as he is dropped. Will switch from wifi to ethernet for the next test.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Dee, I tried joining the session that was currently going on (Flashburn's all or nothing IIRC), and my game got a really long hang, I had to force quit it. It gave me this crash dump. It's in a .txt since it's too big.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited July 2014
    @Dee
    So @Tresset, @Shandyr, @Gate70, and I got to Beregost and defeated Silke, but the guys from Feldepost wouldn't let us talk to them to resolve the quest. We reloaded the game and it worked just fine, but this is how it happened the first time. We haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

1. Start up a multiplayer game
    2. Get to Beregost
    3. Talk to Garrick to initiate the quest
    4. Start the fight with Silke
    5. Succeed in using the Spook spell on Silke, causing her to run away a considerable distance
    6. Kill her while she is still feared (i.e. yellow circle)
    7. The men from Feldepost will not let you talk to them to resolve the quest.

I'll email the save-game from when we couldn't talk to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Anduin
    @Shandyr‌ Thanks for pointing out the issues, but you don't get points unless you send me saved games. :)

I'm updating this subforum to allow attachments, so you can zip them all up and attach them in this thread; but yeah, in order to reproduce and fix them quickly we'll need to be able to get to the issue within a few steps of starting the game.
    @Flashburn‌ Were you able to reproduce that issue reliably? If so, I'll need a save from before you killed Silke.
    Alright, that's the end of the event. Thank you to everyone who participated! I'll be tallying the points in the next hour or so.
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    When I choose Chinese language,the "font size" option is invisible!
    notking said:

When I choose Chinese language,the "font size" option is invisible!

Yes, that's by design; the non-English alphabet languages don't have larger fonts available yet, so the slider will do nothing for Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. Adding larger ones caused some significant issues of the "unplayable" variety, so until those are sorted out the slider is hidden for those languages.
    Anduin
This discussion has been closed.