Skip to content

Something is up with to hit rolls

I turned on displaying to hit rolls because I have a character missing way more than they probably should. As near as I can figure, the first number is the roll, and the second number is the bonus to the roll. I have a base THAC0 of 19, adjusted to 17 for my current weapon. My strength is 18/04, so that should be an extra +1 to hit, and I'm specialized in the weapon. Yet, my to hit rolls say roll + 0. Meanwhile, Imoen has a +2 and both Jah and Khalid have +3s.

Can anyone figure this out? Thanks.

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    It might be Fatigue, I've seen that lower damage rolls.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Taken from @AlexT: The +X bonus includes all of the applicable THAC0 modifiers and the modifiers to the opponent's AC.
    elminsterjackjack
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    I didn't have fatigue.

I closed the game and restarted and it seemed to have gone away. My hit rolls are displaying properly now.
    jackjackSCARY_WIZARD
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    You have angered the Dice Gods. Show penance by saying three "Hail Tymoras" and rolling a 95 with 18/100 on a character.
    jackjackmeagloth
    That's a distinct possibility. No joke, when I rolled up this character, I had a bad roll (like less than 80), so I rerolled to get something decent (85+, perferably). Within three rolls, I had it. 18/04, 18, 18, 13, 13, 18, after adjustments. I think the dice gods feel that I took something that wasn't rightfully mine. Something that belongs to no mortal man.

Then again, he's a paladin, so I figure he deserved a little divine intervention. :)
    terzaerianelminsterskinnydragon
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    Ah yes, it's just karma then. Hopefully you'll burn it off struggling through the early game. :P

Nothing has ever made me as superstitious as BG dice rolls.
    jackjack
    Seriously.

But when a great roll like that comes up that quickly, it's almost like you -have- to play the character.
    [Deleted User]
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Kneller said:

That's a distinct possibility. No joke, when I rolled up this character, I had a bad roll (like less than 80), so I rerolled to get something decent (85+, perferably). Within three rolls, I had it. 18/04, 18, 18, 13, 13, 18, after adjustments. I think the dice gods feel that I took something that wasn't rightfully mine. Something that belongs to no mortal man.

Then again, he's a paladin, so I figure he deserved a little divine intervention. :)

Sooo, Beshaba and Tymora were bickering, and you got caught in the cross-fire.

You know what to do.
    terzaerianjackjack

Sooo, Beshaba and Tymora were bickering, and you got caught in the cross-fire.

You know what to do.

As if I didn't have enough problems with this whole Bhaalspawn mess. Is there any god out there that -doesn't- want a piece of me?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Kneller‌ The answer to that is simple... No. ;)
    jackjack
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited August 2014
    To hit rolls are affected by the armor your enemy wears. If you have a shortsword and the enemy wears leather, you will gain +2 to hit. (leather is weak vs piercing) if you use an axe vs a plate mail you will have -2 (or was it -3?) penalty to hit. Thus, your to hit rolls will change a lot depending on the enemy you attack. Crushing weapons are better against most heavy armors. (except splint mail)