Skip to content

What kind of familiar would *you* become?

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
By a strange twist of fate you are forcefully teleported into the mids of the Baldur's Gate Trilogy. Stranger still is that you're not even a person anymore... but an familiar; summoned by some greenhorn spellcaster you never met or heard of before. Life sucks!

The rules are simple: choose the familiar which would most likely represent your personality, habits, or any other connection you may feel between yourself and your soon-to-be alter ego and vote for it. That's all!
Please note that the choices presented within this poll are not meant to be influenced by whether special abilities they have at their disposal in the games. So don't let them hinder your choice. ;)

To the Roleplayers amonst us: Feel free to slip even deeper into the role of those buggers by conjuring a little side story to share with others. Or drop a line as to why you did vote for whatever creature you made if you feel like it. The choice is yours!

In my case, I'd probably become a Dust Mephit... summoned up by some good-for-nothing Transmuter in the middle of nowhere. Not because I smoke, mind you (I don't... at least not anymore). But more like due to their grim and yet humorous outlook on life. There would be so many opportunities to display my sarcastic, black humour in such an situation.
And from the looks of it they seem to appreciate coffee and black tea. So there's that too!
  1. What kind of familiar would *you* become?55 votes
    1. Pseudo Dragon
      12.73%
    2. Fairy Dragon
        9.09%
    3. Ferret
        1.82%
    4. Rabbit
        7.27%
    5. Cat
      32.73%
    6. Imp
        9.09%
    7. Dust Mephit
        3.64%
    8. Quasit
        5.45%
    9. others
      14.55%
    10. Just let me see the results already!
        3.64%
elementjackjackDungeonnoobRavenslightlolienAnduinJuliusBorisov

Comments

• FeytorFeytor Member Posts: 57
    Pseudo Dragon

flying, become invisible, spitting fire and highly intelligent.

And if my (soon to be dead because he didnt listen to my advice) Master by chance and luck survives I will use my servant ..sry.. Master to conquer the world!!

Or I forget the whole thing and use my invisibility to spy on nude dragonettes in the shower :)
    KamigoroshiJuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Mischief is my main thing.
    KamigoroshijackjackJuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Fairy Dragon for me invisibility FTW lol my friends and family always saying that I just disappear from there vicinity.
    KamigoroshilolienJuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited August 2014
    Edit: I did click on Imp in the poll but it hasn't shown up for some reason (edit two: my medication had just kicked in and I forgot to click on vote).
    I would probably have been summoned from one of the Chaos Planes and as an Imp I would encourage my summoner to adjust reality to make me feel at home, or alternatively infuriate him/her so much that he/she unsummons me, but then again if she is really attractive.....
    Post edited by dunbar on
    KamigoroshiRavenslightlolien
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I choose fairy dragon because I like to collect fairy things. Also I just hope my future is a hot babe. Make the adventuring all the better.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Since Jhereg isn't a choice, Quasit it would have to be. I think being the middle man/mouth piece between a Demon and some poor unsuspecting wizard seems oddly appropriate for me.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @DivineEternal1 So you are a black cat that fall in love with a white cats and have little puppies with her ;)
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight