Skip to content

What phobia do you have? Which race will you not play?

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
I feel that there is some real gnomophobia on this forum sometimes. Is it just me, or is it a real and tangible thing?

This is the opposite of the many polls that have appeared asking what race is your favourite. Tell me what race it is you are most afraid to play with. The truth will out!

As a side note. I researched the names of the phobias listed. They appear to all be actually legit and real phobias... Some people have issues...
  1. What phobia do you have? Which race will you not play?64 votes
    1. Anthropophobia - A fear of humans. Ents and Giants sometimes squeal when they see a human. Just stamp on it!
        7.81%
    2. Fayophobia - A fear of elves. Orcs who suffer with this are mocked by their friends dressing up in dresses, feeding them honeycake and singing at them sweetly, until they are so scared they go beserk.
        4.69%
    3. Gnomophobia (Actual medical term, Gnome syndrome, and is symptomatic, although not exclusive to, anglophobia) - A fear of gnomes. Kobold's rightly fear gnomes, as do many other rational beings...
      23.44%
    4. Bogyphobia - A fear of orcs (but also goblins and demons). Pretty sure I'd be scared of them also if I didn't have my trusty sword!
      20.31%
    5. Nanosophobia - A fear of dwarves. Not sure where the name came from for this, but it does explain why Grandma was so small...
        6.25%
    6. lollipopguildaphobia - A fear of halflings or little people. What? How? Never mind...
      21.88%
    7. Sesquipedalophobia - A fear of long words. You are so screwed right now!
      15.63%
KamigoroshilolienRavenslightGoturalkaguanaluskanCrevsDaakElrandirjackjackBlackraven

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I just don't play halflings. They just don't feel Frodo or Gamgee enough in Baldur's Gate...
    lolienRavenslightCrevsDaakmeagloth
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    edited August 2014
    Ahh, i never play halflings. NEVER! At least for protagonist. Or top 3-4 handmade group members... I did not like them ANYWHERE! Not even in middle earth. I hate this race. I want to puke... They are short, obese-like, have no manners at all (especially in BG, where they excel at thievery and even rob you out of the blue upon entering certain places...), and they have dirty, stinking, bare feet, covered by a tangled mess of ugly, wiry hair. I bet smelling this would cause instant death with heavy poison damage! Also, their race is the most restricted one class-creation wise. They are a fugly mess, totally indescribable...

The only time and place i suffered the presence of something like that in my elitist party, is in BG1 original. There, the premade Thief character is a halfling, but it is bugged and erroneously possesses HUGE thieving skills; getting this sitbag at 10 level makes it have 110-120% to ALL thief skills, practically making it the most effective thief you can ever hope to possess in 1, without cheating or editing. And far more effective than a thief of your own creation.
    lolienAnduinRavenslightBlackraven
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2014
    I don't know if there's any I don't like so much as I just have a few that I greatly prefer to the others.
    RavenslightElrandir
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    To be honest, I only play with humans and half-elves . Easier to roleplay.
    RavenslightAnduinBlackraven
  • InvictusCobraInvictusCobra Member Posts: 108
    edited August 2014
    I never play any shorties in games, be it RPGs, MMOs or whatever. I like to feel my character is badass and shorties make me feel the opposite and I just laugh when I see one. (ingame of course)
    BlackravenGotural
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    edited August 2014
    Actually, it should be misanthropia rather than anthropophobia (and so on with the other races I think), meaning the dislike of that being.
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    edited August 2014
    Yes, but I think that one would not play an elf or a gnome because he dislikes them and not because he fears them. :D
    I mean, think of Jan Jansen. :D

Otherwise I think that this fits better than lollipopguildaphobia: http://www.definition-of.com/achondroplasiaphobia ;)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    ACHONDROPLASIAPHOBIA! What kind of word is that! It's longer than most halflings!

On the other hand, I'm not going to defend, lollipopguildaphobia, a fear of oompah lumpas really, either.

In other news. Gnome hate is at large in the forum community. The question is what are we going to do about it?
    RavenslightCrevsDaaklolien
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    While I would never ever want to be caught playing a noem, I'll say elves by a narrow margin. Pansy tree-hugging sissies. The drow aren't too bad but they're just so over-the-top exaggerated whether they're their usual evil selves or the "one in a million" good (unless you go on virtually any NN2 persistent world server) ones.
    KamigoroshilolienRavenslight