Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

Comments

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 59
    hansolo said:

Oh, that's a nice surprise.
    I'm a bit concerned about balancing, since IWD was never designed with all the BG2 kits and new spells in mind.
    Would like to hear more.

This is enough of a concern for me to probably pass on IWDEE. I'd have almost certainly pre-ordered as soon as I saw this announcement if it was just an engine upgrade w/ some (re)added content but with BG2 kits/spells it seems to me the game will be terribly unbalanced (read - EASY).

I've only played IWD once, way back at release before Heart of Winter and I remember it being quite difficult at times. I'd like it to remain that way.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I was going to reinstall IWD this weekend and give it a spin BUT after preordering I can wait it out.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    This explains a lot of the quietness of recent months. And the game is in beta you say? This is incredibly good news. I've been wanting to play through ID but I've just never been able to after having experienced the vastly superior BGII (and subsequently EE) and IDII. Certainly looking forward to this :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2014
    Pre-ordered here as well. I was along the second half of BGEE beta and from the beggining of BG2EE beta and I know how hard Overhaul works to make the EE editions perfect.

And filled the beta form as well :)
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    I'm hesitant to preorder. My comp is... not the best, and I'm not sure I'll be selected because of it. Most modern games, like Smite, flip my machine off. Hell, even a remake of Age of Empires hates me.

Therefore... I dunno if I'll qualify. I could probably wait for a release sale.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    YES! YES!
    That's awesome news!
    I've played BG:EE and BG2:EE over and over, which led me to play Torment (for the very first time), which led me to purchase Divinity: Original Sin and to Kickstart Torment: Tides of Numenera and Pillars of Eternity, which are games that (I'm told) are similar to BG2 & Co.

And this (upward?) spiral of Bioware/Beamdog/Black Isle lunacy led me to think...
    How long has it been since I played Icewind Dale? Wouldn't it be nice if they made a IWD:EE?
    Yes, indeed. It would.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited August 2014
    Aaaaaaand pre-ordered.

PS: How does one sign up for the beta?
    PPS: Will there be forum badges?
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited August 2014
    So the big announcement wasnt half life 3 as I predicted?...... ok, just checking!

Count me in for an android copy at release... possibly a steam copy as well...
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

Aaaaaaand pre-ordered.

PS: How does one sign up for the beta?
    PPS: Will there be forum badges?

To sign up for the beta use the link at the bottom of the FAQ section on the pre-order page. And yes, there is a forum badge for pre-ordering.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    IWD enhanced ^_^ Yes~ now I know what I'll be begging for come holiday season XD
    I know it says that it comes out "when it's done" but is there an earliest date it will come out?
    Or a "definitely not before date X"?
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    I'd played myself sick of BGEE and BGIIEE lately (I know, blasphemy), so IWDEE coming out as a pre-order has me pretty stoked. Thanks!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The Icewind site says two months... I would bet first half of November...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    mlnevese said:

The Icewind site says two months... I would bet first half of November...

Icewind Dale site says "likely within a month."
    Is it possible to pre-order IWD:EE as a gift?
    if so, how?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014

Is it possible to pre-order IWD:EE as a gift?
    if so, how?

Go to Beamdog.com's IWDEE page. Click pre-order. Login to your beamdog account. In the page where you decide what credit card to use there is an option that says "send this purchase as a gift"
    @elminster‌:
    I saw that, but it appears that only works when I pay with credit card, which I do not have (I would pay via paypal).
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    So much awesome stuff is coming out soon! I've got two comics waiting in October (Dungeons and Dragons: Legends of Baldur's Gate; and the new silver age Guardians of the Galaxy title), and now I've preordered IWD:EE. I played some of the GoG version, but I am completely stoked to do this with the new kits, classes and spells! Barbarians and skalds, here I come!
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    Pre-ordered.