Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

Comments

• DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    @Zeckul make a new youtube channel and do a lets play of IWD EE ? pppplplplplpleeeease :)
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Uhm... If the preorder keep going at least till 15th September I will preorder. ;P
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm done being patient, I feel a day or so is plenty. I'm ready to play this now.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Dee said:

@Danathion‌ gets a special badge for being the very first person to pre-order the game. Congratulations and thank you!

The envy is strong in me.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I always loved IWD more than BG or BG2 so I will be pre=ordering this at the earliest opportunity.

I think the only missing would be Auril's Bane, unless I am mistaken and that content will be in the EE, as well.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I'm glad IWD doesn't get left behind, but I really wonder how well all the BG/EE-styled changes will fit into the game.

I'd appreciate it a lot if Beamdog could offer the option to a) play the EE in full-on "Enhanced" mode or b) play the original game with only technical enhancements (widescreen, bugfixes, new quests) but leave out EE content such as Half-Orcs, kits, new spells etc.

While we're at it, I'd love to have that option for BG:EE as well. While I'm a supporter from the very beginning, BG:EE as it is now is just too changed from the original game (for my tastes).
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Mathsorcerer‌ - I think the added content is what is in CamDawg's IWDUB mod.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/ub_iwd/

The only crossover with Auril's Bane is the Voice.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Sounds good. Although I normally don't use anyone else's mods I did make an exception for both IWDUB and Auril's Bane. Speaking of AB....I haven't heard from Grog in ages. *shrug*
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    So what's the deal with beta access? How does that work, how many people are you taking, and when are you taking them?
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    yeah, when do you start beta-testing?)))
  • xxTheGoDxxxxTheGoDxx Member Posts: 10
    Is this going to come to Android on day one?
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I don't really know where to ask devs/mods/testers questions besides making new threads, which I'd rather not do, so I'll just ask these here.

Will the game include new portraits? (like BG:EE)

Will the game include IWD2 portraits? (I don't expect this one to be the case, but I certainly wouldn't mind.)

Will there be any edits to descriptions of classes/races, due to the nature of setting? (For instance, in BG, the half-orc description mentions them not being disliked as greatly as in the north, which is where IWD takes place. I don't know D&D lore well, but does that mean that a half-orc party member would be more questionable in this game?)

Will there be any new dialogue for classes or races? (For instance, someone showing distrust or aggression to the half-orc in your party)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @thespace yes we do :)
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    Thank you for the news!
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    any chance to see IWD 2 Enhanced ? By the way, this is a good new to see this EE for IWD1, I really love the atmosphere in this game
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    This is great but seeing as I have no computer.... ;(
  • blackeyezblackeyez Member Posts: 4
    Cant wait with the upcoming winter months, I hope its gonna be a cold cold winter outside and in IWD :D
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited September 2014
    Zeckul said:
    That's awesome news! I hope this channel turns out well and doesn't get killed by YouTube. I can't wait to see your BG playthrough, which I've heard a lot about and seen parts of but never got the chance to actually watch since it was taken down just after I've learned about its existence.
  • VII_outLawVII_outLaw Member Posts: 46
    Great News:)

Turkish translation was ready anyway:)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

kaguana said:

Cr4zyJ Hamm if you wanna call elminster‌ you better write his name right meaning without caps because otherwise he won't see it ;)

kaguana‌ I'm pretty sure HTML isn't caps sensitive, as a rule.
    Actually, HTML is everything that would be bothering to me… including being case sensitive…
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @CrevsDaak why do you say that ? it ugly coded or something?
  • rockwandrockwand Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2014
    "We have provided a collection of six custom-built pre-generated characters for your party to start, which you can either use or replace with your own creations."

Do these pre-generated characters interact with each other and make comments as the game and quests progress? Meaning, do they act like BG2 companions?