Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Troodon80 said:

Blash said:

This is definitely to be considered as a bug, Dee (or anyone else is reading). Not retaining scribed spells is not justifiable in any way, neither from a RP point of view, nor from any else.

The reason why I would say it is justifiable from a technical point of view is because by the point you reach her, she's a 'different person' so to speak. When you speak to her upon arriving at the asylum, so doesn't even recognise the player character.
    Ofc she doesn't she went under ordeal.
    Troodon80lolienCrevsDaak
  • QuirrelQuirrel Member Posts: 4
    Any idea as to why it is having issues reading the headers in my save games from android?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Quirrel said:

Any idea as to why it is having issues reading the headers in my save games from android?

@Quirrel, no idea. Haven't had any issues on my end. Can you upload a saved game for me to examine?
    Error is 1502

I installed BGEE on my pc a well, and it is crashing during the indexing. How do I upload a saved game?
    There you go that was easy
    Try that again
    @Quirrel, the file size for all files are reading 0 bytes. If you are transferring via data cable, then you might want to unplug that and plug it back in—then try to transfer the save games again.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    I am having a low-priority issue regarding innate spells (again). This time I'm trying to add the werewolf shape from the shapeshifter to my avenger. Adding it works, but when trying to memorize it, it says I have "reached the maximum number of spells memorisable for this level".

Now, the avenger already has a boatload of innates, and adding the Bhaal-powers and my own "fluff for roleplay" did make it reach 10 *different* memorised spells already. Is this a hardcoded limit of some kind? Can you @Troodon80 or anyone else confirm?
    @Sjerrie, limits on spell memorisation can be found in Settings → Spells..., then you can either adjust the limit or disable the limit. Default should be 12—this applies for Mage and Cleric spells, but, since they're all spells, Innate gets checked as well.
    SjerrieCrevsDaak
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Troodon80 said:

@Sjerrie, limits on spell memorisation can be found in Settings → Spells..., then you can either adjust the limit or disable the limit. Default should be 12—this applies for Mage and Cleric spells, but, since they're all spells, Innate gets checked as well.

Well... that was embarrassing. I'm usually more thorough in checking out all options. Thanks once again @Troodon80.
    Troodon80
  • Foul_SlimeFoul_Slime Member Posts: 2
    Greetings and salutations. At long last I've gotten around to playing BB:EE and BB2:EE and played through it and loved it. Now, I'm wanting to play through it again, now using EE Keeper, which I just found, like, two minutes ago. But I can't for the the life of me get it to work. This is what I do and what I'm getting...

1. Downloaded it, ver.1.0.2.4 and extracted it using WinRar.

2. I move the extracted files (lang folder, the Affects.uld, and the application launcher) to the folder containing BB:EE & BB2:EE and run EE Keeper. It says when I run it, "EE Keeper was unable to locate either you BB:EE or BG2:EE installation. You will need to set at least one of the paths yourself."

3. So I set up the paths to both of them, select my language and then it says, "You must reload the game resources for the new settings to take effect." Following that it says, "You haven't selected a game to load yet. No files have been loaded. Please use the designated buttons on the toolbar to select what game you want to load. Also note: whenever you wish to change profiles, you must close any save games you currently have open."

4. Okay, so I close those and select either BB:EE or BB2:EE from the toolbar to load a saved game and a progress bar pops up and says, "Indexing Resources." And about two-thirds the way through it crashes, saying, "Save game editor for Enhanced Edition Infinity Engine games. has stopped working."

So, my question is, what's the deal? Am I doing something wrong? Is this a glitch? Any help that can be offered is much appreciated. Thanks.
    @Foul_Slime,

So, my question is, what's the deal? Am I doing something wrong? Is this a glitch? Any help that can be offered is much appreciated. Thanks.

This is a known issue in more recent versions, specifically, and typically, when dealing with old versions of BG:EE (not sure about BG2:EE). There's a problem with one of the kits in the 2DA file, probably Barbarian or Blackguard. What's happening is this:
    • Keeper loads the first list with all the kits and values from the IDS file.
    • It then loads another list with the human-readable names from a 2DA file.
    • For each item in both lists, there's a log if bLogging is true (the option is enabled).
    • Even if the option is not enabled, it attempts to jump into the method but skips the actual writing to file if bLogging is disabled.
    • It gets to Barbarian or Blackguard and the string reference is for a string which is too long for the log buffer.
    • You'll get a BEX buffer overflow message.
    The easiest remedy is to simply not having logging, but that doesn't help me diagnose potential issues such as this. I have added more checks to ensure that you won't get a buffer overflow, but you will still get incorrect kit names. I'll release this next update... at some point.
  • Foul_SlimeFoul_Slime Member Posts: 2
    Troodon80:
    Thanks very much for the super-fast reply, I was wondering what was up. I don't suppose I could install a patch for both games to update them, thereby allowing EE Keeper to work? I haven't the slightest idea if that'll do anything or not. And if not, well, then I guess I'll just have to sit tight and keep an eye out for updates on EE Keeper. Regardless, thanks again.
    @Foul_Slime, depending on how quickly things go, there could be an update as early as the start of next week. If not, then the end of the month. Hopefully. :-)
    kaguana
  • KirainKirain Member Posts: 3
    Ahem. I have encountered the missing proficiences bug due to the luck spell, and browsing the internet I read that the only way to fix my game is through this EEKeeper. Now, I am a total noob where it comes to ... wow.... I dont even know what kind of thing EEKeeper is. Still, I want to fix my game so I am trying to install it. Problem is, I have downloaded BG through Steam; now where on earth do I unpack Eekeeper to?
    @Kirain, you can unpack Keeper to wherever you want. It doesn't need to be the game location. Make a new folder on the desktop if you only want to use it to fix this one thing, then delete it afterwards. Otherwise, I would suggest making a new folder in a more permanent location. The SFX download option, as default, sets up a folder under Program Files.
    Thank you for your kind reply, Troodon80. However, when I install Keeper it asks for a directory.

The following message appears:
    -------------
    EE Keeper needs to know where you installed the game.

Press the 'Browse' button to browser for the BG:EE or BG2:EE directory. For BG:EE or BG2:EE, this is usually a numbered folder such as 00783 for BG2:EE. For Steam, this will be different. If you are using a stand-alone launcher, please do not use that as the game directory.
    ------------

Where did I install the game if I play through steam? I tried looking in the steam folder on my computer, but there are definately no games there.
    @Kirain,

Ah. Okay. That's not where to install Keeper, that's looking for the game directory.

What you can do is open up your Steam library, right-click on the game title to the left, select Properties, go to the Local Files tab, then press the button labelled 'Browse Local Files'. The directory path might look something like this:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
    Thank you, you have been super helpful! I managed to restore my main character's proficiencies and I can finally proceed with my game. :)
    Troodon80
    I'm getting an error on loading save game files in android version

I managed to get eekeeper all setup, I can see all my save games, but when I open any of them it says

Error 1502: Error reading the game header
    I'm getting an error on loading save game files in android version

I managed to get eekeeper all setup, I can see all my save games, but when I open any of them it says

Error 1502: Error reading the game header
    @Quirrel, looks like your posts were stuck in limbo somewhere. Did you get Keeper working with your saved games after all?
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    I opened a ticket to report a bug EEKeeper with BG2EE: whenever I load a save that was edited with EEKeeper my spells are restored as if my characters had rested.

This doesn't happen with BGEE though.
  • JRHigleyJRHigley Member Posts: 16
    Troodon80 said:

@Vanya, I'll start from the beginning—I will include in-depth and basic steps. You can find in-depth at the start and basic step-by-step near the bottom.

[SNIP]

If you get stuck on a particular step, do let me know and I will try and guide you along as best I can.

This is amazing. I created an account just so I could say "thank you."

So, first post: Thank you.
    Troodon80
    @PeLLeT_RSD, there is an option under Settings ⇒ Spells..., it should be called 'Refresh memorised spells on save.' Uncheck that option. :-)

@JRHigley, you are quite welcome. :-)
    PeLLeT_RSD
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    Troodon80 said:

@PeLLeT_RSD, there is an option under Settings ⇒ Spells..., it should be called 'Refresh memorised spells on save.' Uncheck that option. :-)

Thank you! It worked!
    Troodon80
  • jim1287jim1287 Member Posts: 1
    Perhaps I am trying to do the wrong thing. I just want to edit the character on my android.
    Most post seem to talk about editing the saved games though.
    I have used ee keeper many times on my pc BGEE 1.2.2014 to edit the character
    I understand the unzip of the obb files to my c:\Android - BGEE\ as described.
    ee keeper reads the folder fine.

I however cant copy the character files from my android to my pc, the pc does not see the saves.
    When I browse my nexus 7 to Computer\Nexus 7\Internal storage\Android\data\com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition with es file explorer, I can see them.
    but on my pc the Computer\Nexus 7\Internal storage\Android\data\com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition folder is empty.

"2.Copy the \save\ folder from the ..\files\ directory to the aforementioned Android - BGEE folder."

any ideas?
  • ParkerParker Member Posts: 3
    I'm having an issue with eeKeeper and getting my info loaded. Every time I open the program I get "EE Keeper was unable to read text resources, EE Keeper must be able to find this file to work properly, Make sure the Installation Path and Language (if applicable) has been set to the correct directory and reload the game resources."

And at the top of this box is says "can't find dialog.tlk. But, I found the file and loaded the correct location /Applications/Baldurs Gate 1.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG Games/Baldur's Gate but it still doesn't work... please help me...
    @Parker, if that is the original Baldur's Gate (and I assume given 'GOG', it is) rather than the Enhanced Edition, then EE Keeper will not work with it. This will only work with Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal, and the Enhanced Editions. You would need to get the original Gate Keeper (and use it with Wine/Wineskin). :-)
    Parker
  • ParkerParker Member Posts: 3
    Troodon80 said:

@Parker, if that is the original Baldur's Gate (and I assume given 'GOG', it is) rather than the Enhanced Edition, then EE Keeper will not work with it. This will only work with Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal, and the Enhanced Editions. You would need to get the original Gate Keeper (and use it with Wine/Wineskin). :-)

@Troodon80‌ where would I find it all ready in a wineskin???