Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• RandallGoodRandallGood Member Posts: 6
    This is a fantastic program, but I don't understand how I can use it to change portraits. How can I use custom portraits through the Keeper?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited July 2014
    @RandallGood, custom portraits must first be located in either your override directory or in your portraits directory. If you have portraits in either of those two locations, then you can press the 'Change Portrait' button just below the inset character portrait box. That should give you a list of portraits that you can change to. Once you have changed your portrait, you can then press save.

In version 1.0.2.4, you can now also switch to in-game BMP images:

It should be noted, however, that there are ways to assigned a portrait that don't involve editing your save game. For example, you can name them the same as the character portraits in-game (you can find out what it what by using Keeper but not actually making any changes) and place the 24-bit BMP images into your override folder. For your main character portrait, you can simply place the image you want into your portraits folder within the Documents/Baldur's Gate (or Baldur's Gate II) - Enhanced Edition/ and go to your Character Record and select Customize, then select Appearance. If there are any custom portraits in your portraits folder, then a button labelled 'Custom' will appear under the main portrait on-screen within the Appearance menu, press Custom and then select your custom portrait.
  • RandallGoodRandallGood Member Posts: 6
    Ah, I was putting them in my portraits folder but they weren't coming up as options. I put them in the overdrive, though, and that seemed to work. Thanks!
  • iodvariodvar Member Posts: 16
    Is it possible to remove the some of the negative effects or all from a wild surge from a wild mage using this? Or just the wild surge totally?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    iodvar said:

Is it possible to remove the some of the negative effects or all from a wild surge from a wild mage using this? Or just the wild surge totally?

@Tresset‌ made a mod that changed Neera's Belt (well, Adoy's Belt) to behave that way. Maybe you could apply the effect he used to your character (don't ask me what he did since I never took a look at what he did).
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I simply applied a wild surge bonus of 99 to the wearer of the belt.
    Where can I get this and is it BG EE compatable?
    Can I add this to a different item with EE Keeper
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @iodvar‌ You can find my mod here. I am unsure if you could add the effect to a different item with EEKeeper. I used NearInfinity to make it.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2014
    iodvar said:

Can I add this to a different item with EE Keeper

No, EE Keeper doesn't have an item editor. However, you can apply the effect to a character in EE Keeper.

First, without a save game open, go to Settings -> Lists -> Affects. Then click "Add". The entries should be:

Display Text: Wild Magic Modifier
    Value: 0x0119

Now open your save game, select the character, and go to the "Effects" tab. Set the "Type" to "Wild Magic Modifier", set the Target to "Self", and the Value to 99.

EDIT: Ninja'd! Or just use @Tresset's mod. :-)
    Thank you for the replies!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2014
    Troodon80 said:

The latest public beta makes use of those. As for the effect version, there is something I can use: BYTE m_effectVersion.

Oh, seems like I misunderstood this from the start. Nevermind then. Better to include them.
    Troodon80 said:

Not sure what the values are just yet, but if I'm right I could probably just make it a bool for the purpose of simplifying things.

You could check for the number of Effects (check out this and the link you posted before to see what values you have to use), and simply check their headers' version by reading the long 0x0004 (it's a character array anyway) in the effect. The C code should be similar to the one used to see the items of the creature.

Edit: I wrote the same sentence twice, duplicate removed :/
    CrevsDaak said:

Troodon80 said:

Not sure what the values are just yet, but if I'm right I could probably just make it a bool for the purpose of simplifying things.

You could check for the number of Effects, and simply check their headers' version by reading the long 0x0004 in the effect.
    Checking the version as per the effect header (the char array) won't work, it is zeroed for version 2 and version 1 doesn't have a version header. I can check it with the effect version in the CRE file (single byte), though, and have already finished that part (it has been uploaded to you know where (not SourceForge) if you want to try it out (the edit effects dialog is not yet finished)). What I meant about the values is more in regards to whether or not I want to open Keeper up to other Infinity Engine games. If I do, then I don't really want to force either values '0' or '1', but I will work something out in order to leave it open.
    Question on the wild magic modifier? It seems to show the wild surge in the dialog with no discription and the casting effects of the surge but nothing happens is this correct?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    iodvar said:

Question on the wild magic modifier? It seems to show the wild surge in the dialog with no discription and the casting effects of the surge but nothing happens is this correct?

Yes. The wild surge still occurs, but with modifier of +99 (to a d100 roll), the result is always "100: Spell cast as normal".

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Surge

The wild surge modifier also doesn't stop the random caster level effect of wild mages. So, a wild mage's effective caster level can increase or decrease by up to 5 when they cast a spell.

http://gemrb.org/iesdp/files/2da/2da_tob/lvlmodwm.htm
    Got it thanks!
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I used to make the Robe of Vecna apply "immunity to effect" with the targeted effect being "wild magic"--no surges, even in a wild-magic zone like part of Watcher's Keep.
  • evolution00evolution00 Member Posts: 1
    Hey folks, apologies if this has already been answered else where but I cannot find reference to my issue. I have edited BG 2 ee on PC and had no issues. I have now edited my android version of BG 1 ee and copied it back over to my phone, everything seems fine except my main character is now invisible, his figure in inventory has also disappeared. I changed his attributes to all 18 and added 5+ proficiency to flails warhammers and two weapons. I also added the 2 headed flail and a warhammer, they're all the changes I made I'm wondering if one of those changes is not agreeing with the game? I changed the other NPCs but not as much and they are all still visible.

Any suggestions would be amazing! Thanks :)
  • HelenBaqHelenBaq Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I just downloaded the latest version of EE Keeper and had no problems opening and modifying a game file, but while it says it is saving it, I can't find the saves. They are not in my save folder, and a search of my computer brings up nothing. I'm using Steam on a PC with Windows 8.1. :(

Okay, nevermind, I see there was a box checked that says "Use Custome Save Directory" that I missed, somehow. :)
    Post edited by HelenBaq on
    @evolution00‌, can you Zip and attach your saved game?
  • turbohturboh Member Posts: 4
    Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I am trying to use EE Keeper for BGI:EE. The directory is correct. When I try to load the application it crashes when "indexing resources". I've tried running as admin, tried running with XP compatibility issues. Nothing seems to work.

If anyone could help me identify and fix the problem I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks
    @turboh, what version of the game are you using, and where download it from?
    v1.0.2014? Do I need an update?
    @turboh, yes. :-)
    I have researched and it seems I have the current version? What is the version required for BG:EE Keeper?

Thanks
    @turboh,

Normally, 1.0.x should be good enough. Keeper worked with the original release of the game. 1.2.0000 is recommended. If you have the Beamdog or Steam versions and they automatically update, then you should already be on 1.2.0000. If you obtained the game somewhere other than from Beamdog or Steam then there is little I can do to help.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @turboh, do you have any mods installed that aren't 100% compatible with the version you're running?
  • ahhzombierunahhzombierun Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting EE Keeper to run with BG2:EE on Steam. I've got it pointed to the installation directory and the correct language is selected. However, when I try to run Keeper, I get a message about being unable to locate dialog.tlk. The only dialog file I've found is dialog.bis.

Any suggestions?

Edit:

Unintalling and reinstalling the game seems to have solved the problem.
    Post edited by ahhzombierun on
  • Jade_KittenJade_Kitten Member Posts: 5
    Hi. I'm trying to change my fighter into a Berserker but I can't figure out how to give myself the Enrage ability. I can add it from the "Innate" tab, but I won't have it in-game. I created a level 1 Berserker to see what the difference is, and he has another thing at the "Memorization" tab called "Innate", just under all those Cleric and Wizard stuff. I can't add that thing on my main character!! There is no button for adding anything at "Memorization"...
    Help please...?
    @Jade_Kitten, that's by design from the original Shadow Keeper. I haven't touched it yet due to breaking some other stuff that I don't have time to deal with. It will change in a future version, but I have no idea when that will be. The only workaround is to level up until your character gets their first innate ability in-game.

I'll see what I can do about pushing that up the list of priorities. :-)