Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @ronaldo, I need the entire save folder, i.e. 000000008-Save Game.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Troodon80 think I got it right now
    @ronaldo, I need some more information. I couldn't find any problem after installing the IWDification mod. I don't suppose you are using two different directories (for example, a modded game and an unmodded game), or have the actual mod files in a location other than the [game directory]/override/ folder?

When you load a game into Keeper, does it say that there are any spells missing?
    @Troodon80 If I load the save that I gave you into EEKeeper a box pops up saying that "some spells assigned to this character cannot be found in the database. If you save this character the spells will not be saved." If I go ahead and make changes to the character and then load the modified save the spells added by the mod are gone.
    I have found that if I level up the character using the console the spells are available to choose again.
    All the mod files are in my override file. Hope this helps.
    @ronaldo, in the installation setup, what installation paths are you using? Assuming you are using the Beamdog version, then it should be something like this:

Note that the top text box is for BG:EE and the second is for BG2:EE, and these two correspond to the buttons on the toolbar. Can you verify that you are not using the BG2:EE path in the BG:EE text box, and what paths you are actually using?
    @Troodon80 That was the problem! I had the BGEE install directory pointed at the BGEE beta and I was using the non beta version for this game.
    Thanks you!
    Version 1.0.2.4 is now available to download. Download links can be found in the first post in this topic. As usual, @AstroBryGuy‌, dealt with the Wineskin wrapper and uploaded it for use on Mac. Some of the notes on the changes can be found in the second post—there are too many to actually list every item. Translations will be included at a later date. If anyone is interested in helping translate EE Keeper, contact me via PM.
  • odessa333odessa333 Member Posts: 59
    As an update, I ended up uninstalling and re-installing BG1 for an unrelated issue. Whatever odd bug I had about the stats resolved itself when I did so. So to review, restarting my PC fixed my first issue, restarting BG1 fixed the other. Everything works fine now, so I'm chalking it up to some odd setting on my PC. Just thought you should now ;)
  • foozefooze Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014
    EE Keeper crashes in the middle of trying to index BG1. I'm using the latest version, 1.0.2.4. but had the same problem in the previous version.

It crashed first time I tried to index BG1, and after repeated tries it always crashes in the middle of the indexing process. Since the application was unusable due to indexing taking place when starting up, I had to go into eekeeper.ini and delete the pathway to the BG1 resources.

There's no problems at all when indexing BG2.

Any suggestions?
    @fooze, what version of the game are you using (version number and where you got the game from)?
  • VeissVorraVeissVorra Member Posts: 24
    Seems the pdf file is no longer available so does can anyone help me on how to do this on the steam version of BGEE? I just want to change my alignment and a misplaced proficiency point.
    @VeissVorra‌, I realised that the PDF document didn't actually cover how to set up EE Keeper very well. Most of the details on how to set up Keeper can be found either in the second post back on the first page, or here on the SourceForge Wiki.

Also note for anyone who might be interested in helping out: I started creating pages for the wiki rather than relying on the PDF document. So far, however, it is not complete. Some of the details are also now outdated. If anyone would like to lend a hand creating new pages with more details, let me know.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Thanks for this wonderful program!
    I dont seem to have 00766 in my data folder for steam. that's odd
    @VeissVorra, the Steam version is covered in the second question. :-)

Go to your Steam Library, right-click on the game title in your ibrary, select Properties, then go to the Local Files tab and press the Browse Local Files... button. This will open the exact directory and you can just copy that to the appropriate text box in Keeper.
    Yeah i'm a dolt. i figured it out. thanks for dealing with my absent mindedness haha.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited June 2014
    Hey, trying to change Xan's class to fighter/mage (so that his sword actually can be put to good use).
    But the Keeper ceeps crashing before I can do anything, I have the BG NPC project installed, think that's the problem.

PS: Never mind, forgot to set the game directory :P
    @Buttercheese, is it crashing when indexing resources or crashing when trying to open a saved game? If it is crashing when indexing resources, then open up the eekeeper.ini file and add the following line under [Settings].

Logging = true

Find the last line from the eekeeper.log file (created in the same directory as EE Keeper), presumed to be the nearest place to where it had an issue, and past that here.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    I think I found a bug with the latest release. Whenever I use EE Keeper to modify the total number of memorized spells (add or delete) for a character (charname or npc) the program crashes. Everything else I've tried works fine, just not that. Anyone else have this issue?
    @Baptor, noted, will fix soon. :-)
    edited June 2014
    (Deleted by poster)
    Post edited by Baptor on
    @Baptor, it looks like it was only an issue with Systems lower than Windows 7. Vista and XP were both affected, but on my test machine Windows 7 and 8/8.1 were not. I have uploaded/updated SourceForge with a corrected version. :-)

I assume from your deleted comment that you got Neera working?
  • neomi88neomi88 Member Posts: 1
    fooze said:

EE Keeper crashes in the middle of trying to index BG1. I'm using the latest version, 1.0.2.4. but had the same problem in the previous version.

It crashed first time I tried to index BG1, and after repeated tries it always crashes in the middle of the indexing process. Since the application was unusable due to indexing taking place when starting up, I had to go into eekeeper.ini and delete the pathway to the BG1 resources.

There's no problems at all when indexing BG2.

Any suggestions?

I am experiencing the same problem i.e. crashes in the middle of indexing BG1 resources, no problems with BG2 resources.

I am using the Windows PC Version of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition 1.0.2014, and EE Keeper 1.0.2.4.

Last section on log file:
    vi.m_strText: Shapeshifter
    vi.m_nValue: 1074855936
    Bit rotation from 4012 to 40120000
    vi.m_strText: BEASTFRIEND
    vi.m_nValue: 1074921472
    Bit rotation from 40000000 to 4000
    vi.m_strText: BARBARIAN
    vi.m_nValue: 16384
    Bit rotation from 80000000 to 8000

Any help would be appreciated.
    @neomi88, this is the same issue that a number of other people mentioned. Using game version 1.2.0000 should fix this issue. If it doesn't, then I need to obtain the appropriate 2DA and IDS files from the game you are using. The KITLIST.2DA and KIT.IDS. You can extract them with the use of Near Infinity or DLTCEP. Without them, I cannot work on a fix.
    Troodon80 said:

@Baptor, it looks like it was only an issue with Systems lower than Windows 7. Vista and XP were both affected, but on my test machine Windows 7 and 8/8.1 were not. I have uploaded/updated SourceForge with a corrected version. :-)

I assume from your deleted comment that you got Neera working?

1. That's strange. I downloaded the v1.0.2.4. That is the right one right? From page one that's the one I downloaded. Can you provide a direct link to the correct version?

2. Uh, yeah, it's embarassing. Turns out it was a PICNIC error. I changed Neera's class while we were still in the Wild Forest....so of course she was going to have Wild Surges. Once we left, she was casting fine.

Thanks again for your help, just show me which version I need, thanks!
    @Baptor‌, just go back to page 1 and re-download it. The program itself is hosted on SourceForge, but the link in the first post should be okay. :-)
    Troodon80 said:

@Baptor‌, just go back to page 1 and re-download it. The program itself is hosted on SourceForge, but the link in the first post should be okay. :-)

You did it! It works now! Thank you so much! God bless you!

• apple3apple3 Member Posts: 2
    Hey,

I'm trying to change some stats in BG:EE with EE Keeper but the program keeps freezing while indexing resources. No mods installed. What can I do about it?
    @apple3, what version of the game are you using?
  • apple3apple3 Member Posts: 2
    I'm using 0.1.0.0. So maybe that's the problem