Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Lets all hope they don't pull a Beck... get into a serious thing, and forget how it ends, resulting in 30 minutes of washboard playing.
    booinyoureyesrufus_hobart
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    scriver said:

@killerrabbit - which tweet are you talking about?

This one:

"
    @TrentOster Oct 1

@SlyLupin We're still poking it ;-) Post EE's I think we'll have to re-tool a new engine and move up to the new rules.
    "
    Adulbooinyoureyes
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

Post EE's I think we'll have to re-tool a new engine and move up to the new rules.

Oh goody, the new rules. I knew that would be the case but somehow I was still hoping against it.
    killerrabbitrorikon
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Adul said:

Post EE's I think we'll have to re-tool a new engine and move up to the new rules.

Oh goody, the new rules. I knew that would be the case but somehow I was still hoping against it.
    I kinda like the idea, personally. As long as it is the top down look with pausing I'm down. None of that Neverwinter Nights stuff. I wouldn't even mind turn-based stuff if done correctly.
    [Deleted User]Soren_The_Wild
    5th looks better than my glances at 4th, but still less free/open than 3.x was.
    [Deleted User]
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited October 2014

Maybe he means 3E or 3.5E? :D

I haven't heard great things about 4th. Is 5th alright?

I think 5th is pretty good, but frankly I'm not qualified to say. There was a thread.... I can't find it though. Does anyone remember what the thread with the link to the 5E overview was called?
    [Deleted User]
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    meagloth said:

Maybe he means 3E or 3.5E? :D

I haven't heard great things about 4th. Is 5th alright?

I think 5th is pretty good, but frankly I'm not qualified to say. There was a thread.... I can't find it though. Does anyone remember what the thread with the link to the 5E overview was called?
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/21602/d-d-5th-edition-2014
    [Deleted User]booinyoureyesmeaglothkillerrabbit
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Guys, guys! 23 new posts in this thread. Cruel of you ;P

I've thought "OHHH, did the weekend bring something new?!" And what do i find? The expansion of the Nashkel Mines.

Next In The News: The expansion of the Cloakwood Mines. The whole Baldur's Gate city is moving to the Boareskyr Bridge
    AdulkaguanaNimranlolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited October 2014
    bengoshi said:

I've thought "OHHH, did the weekend bring something new?!" And what do i find? The expansion of the Nashkel Mines.

Next In The News: The expansion of the Cloakwood Mines. The whole Baldur's Gate city is moving to the Boareskyr Bridge

Ulcaster's school of mutants is now running with a jar of almonds.
    lolienAnduinJuliusBorisovdeltago
    Nimran said:

bengoshi said:

Ulcaster's school of mutants is now running with a jar of almonds.
    Jar of almonds?

OR JAR OF CYANIDE?
    lolienAnduinkillerrabbit
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Cool!

Oh, by the by... if anyone here likes turn-based combat, 4th edition is prettymuch the BEST in terms of making creative use of the battlefield. I am the first to admit that 4th edition has a lot of problems, but it was always, to my mind, the one that would best suit a computer/video game. No joke, I would love a 4th edition video game. The thing I love about 3rd/3.5 edition would never get into a computer game... the enormous amount of customization possible through the many, many books. Flaws, alternate rules, fat piles of feats and spells, etc. A game has limits, and licensing issues. Could I play a shadowcaster in a 3.5 game? A hexblade? A samurai? Would they get the same rules support if they were in the game? Can I take Dragon Magazine feats? If the answer here is no, and we're using a limited set of 3.5 rules... I'd be happier with 4th edition when it comes to a video game.
    [Deleted User]lolienkcwisespacejaws