Skip to content

When is the BG2ee 1.3 patch coming out?

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    bob_veng said:

is it at least theoretically possible to add a feature that quickloot doesn't work when enemies are visible?

More than that, I would like to have the option that the Quick Loot in all the games works the way it does now in the BG titles. I personally find it a bit cheesy that you can pick up all this stuff without moving from your spot.

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    yeah...i agree

it should work like this

default: instapickup ON - automatically toggles off when enemies are present
    gameplay menu option: instapickup OFF
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    edited November 2014
    @Belanos‌
    Quick loot for me is meant to be just that - quick loot. To have the character running around like a mad man doesn't shorten the time for looting compared to manually clicking each drop. Especially if you misclick on an item in the quick loot bar and the character runs around in between loot piles.

The IWD version makes into a quick loot. Otherwise I rather stick with no quick loot bar at all ^^. The inbetween version of BG (which allows for money pickup quickly, but not loot) is just broken.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    yeah it actually is broken as it often makes the character jump back at forth. i rembember now how frustrated i was with it not long ago.

during combat, quick loot should just toggle off alltogether.

• CrusherEAGLECrusherEAGLE Member Posts: 19
    Devs, should I start my BG2 game now, or should I wait until the patch comes out?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited November 2014

Devs, should I start my BG2 game now, or should I wait until the patch comes out?

Depends on how long you expect to take to beat it. If you expect to beat it relatively quickly I'd say just play it. Otherwise wait. Where you own your version also matters as I don't know if its been stated if Steam will be included in the BG2EE 1.3 public beta or not.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • CrusherEAGLECrusherEAGLE Member Posts: 19
    Well I've got IWD to play in the meantime but I'm not sure how long that will last.
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    ah crap i cant w8 for patch 1.3 to start playing yet it will lack the kits and spells from icewind dale so then i guess i should start playing at 1.4 and no money for icewind dale :S
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Well?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I would wait too. But how long are we supposed to wait lol?

Anyway I'm playing IWDEE for now until this patch and maybe even not until Adventurey comes out. That's asking me to wait a long time.
    @Dee will the patch be available early december/b4 christmas ?
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252

The beta for BG:EE 1.3 took about 4 months, so even if they released the beta next week, I think it would be unlikely that the finished patch would be out by end of the year.
    edited November 2014

The beta for BG:EE 1.3 took about 4 months, so even if they released the beta next week, I think it would be unlikely that the finished patch would be out by end of the year.
    OMG

• ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    edited November 2014
    @Dee So there will be no private beta? Or how should we understand your answer, it is pretty vague.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173

@Dee Or how should we understand your answer, it is pretty vague.

Unfortunately that's about as good answer as we'll get.
    But for years. *evil laugh* Lame I know;)
    I did one run till Spellhold and then decided to stop and wait for this patch. That was right when BG2:EE was shipped, so I've been waiting for a loooong time. Thanks for answering.

Take all the time you need, a lot of people waited this long, so what is a few weeks more anyway.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2014
    Can we expect patch 1.4 for BG:EE to be released at the same time as patch 1.3 for BG2:EE? There's only literally 56 small bugs to fix. Or do you have something bigger in your mind coming out with this patch?
    Post edited by Etamin on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,733
    I think the beta of BG2EE 1.3 patch will be out this week... because Dee is afraid of elminster's overtaking the 1st place in the All Time Leaders chart...

Dee needs points, so the patch will be out soon. Simple as that :P
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

But for years.

Oh great. You just jinxed it. Thanks a lot!

:(
    edited November 2014
    @Silverstar You wound me. *dying noise*
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    bengoshi said:

I think the beta of BG2EE 1.3 patch will be out this week... because Dee is afraid of elminster's overtaking the 1st place in the All Time Leaders chart...

Dee needs points, so the patch will be out soon. Simple as that :P

People write songs about such posts.... this one goes something like "dont play games with my heart"
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    Interesting that Wizard needs to give approval. Do they need to give approval on routine things like bugfixes or is it only content changes that they need to give approval to?

Would correcting the alignment of an NPC count as a content change?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Trent wasn't kidding when he said this patch was huge. All those poor little bugfixes lost in that sea of superfluous game features... My heart breaks when I think about their plight. :P
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    btw how do we apply for the beta?