Skip to content

Your favorite Heroes of Might and Magic 3 faction

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November 2014 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. Your favorite Heroes of Might and Magic 3 faction40 votes
    1. Castle
      10.00%
    2. Rampart
      17.50%
    3. Tower
      10.00%
    4. Inferno
        2.50%
    5. Necropolis
      25.00%
    6. Dungeon
      12.50%
    7. Stronghold
        2.50%
    8. Fortress
        7.50%
    9. Conflux
      12.50%

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Its a hard one for me. Castle is so ripped unit-wise. That said, I love Tower with Solmyr (Chain Lightning Speciality). Its dynamite. Crag Hack with Fortress is cool but besides Thunderbirds I don't really care for their units much. Conflux tends to be broken but I love Phoenixes.

Do you use the In the Wake of Gods Expansion? It is fan made, worked on for years, and seriously adds a LOT to the game. The coolest part is, you don't like something, pretty much everything can be turned off.

We play on GameRanger sometimes (its free). Let me know if you ever wanna play a game.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453

Specialize in Logistics + Harpies.

@HaHaCharade though yeah , the game is pretty close balanced.

Specialize in Logistics + Harpies.

@HaHaCharade though yeah , the game is pretty close balanced.

Ha I forgot Gunnar. That guy is the sh*t.
    Shandyr said:

Heh yes I know "In the Wake of Gods".

It can be pretty fun. At the moment I play HoMM3 without it, but I used to play WOG a lot.

My favorite town is Rampart. I find it somewhat too easy to play with it. So I make sure I always have some conflux town enemies (that town is so broken in my opinion lol - phoenix basic growth rate is 2 WTF - and the conflux units have a lot of immunities, they're so OP)

Anyway what I love about Rampart is mainly the setting, the serene and calm atmosphere.
    I can really relax while I'm on the Rampart town screen listening to that music.

By the way Rampart has someone similar to Gunnar!

For over a decade I thought Kyrre was a guy, until I recently checked the HER biography...

Ha, we just recently found that out too. I recommend one of the HoMM 3 Portrait Pack Updates. Adds a LOT to the game imo with some of the awesome art for the different heroes. Some really great portraits for the different chars are out there, all named to match the old file and everything so all you do is dump it into the directory.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hordes and hordes of skeletons! When you have 1k of them, even dragons fall.

In the multiplayer games Necropolis and Conflux are considered OP and are prohibited.

Among the other options Castle and Rampart always (or nearly always) win. The hardest are Inferno and Fortress. So I can't agree that the options are balanced.

But I still like Necropolis. The concept, the unending powers, liches and black knights. And Galtran.
    bengoshi said:

In the multiplayer games Necropolis and Conflux are considered OP and are prohibited.

Among the other options Castle and Rampart always (or nearly always) win. The hardest are Inferno and Fortress. So I can't agree that the options are balanced.

But I still like Necropolis. The concept, the unending powers, liches and black knights. And Galtran.

Necro is a lot of fun. I love Death Ripple early on when you're first exploring. You guys are making me want to play again lol.
    bengoshi said:

Inferno enrages me. The town gate deal is a cool concept, except it only works with other inferno towns! Most maps its worthless. And once you get the spell Town Portal, its even more worthless.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Maybe we should try a multiplayer next week :)
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    @bengoshi count me in for laughs...
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited November 2014
    Rampart is my favorite faction for many reasons.
    First, I love its concept: centaurs, elves, dwarves and nature beings all together, which is cool.
    Second, its creatures are very well balanced.
    Third, I really like the audio track you can hear when you visit the Rampart town (well, all the tracks are good in HOMM3).

By the way, @Shandyr, I also thought that Kyrre was a male! I realized she is a woman just recently!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I unfortunately have no experience with Homm3. Who should I vote for?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    rampart makes for an easy start against mobs which is a part i've always found the most stressful part of a game :)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Well... I think that Anduin likes the undead in every form.
    He could fall in love with wight and wraith!
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Those Vorlon elementals... I miss Conflux in later games. My favorite unit later is Hydra, but I wasn't a fan of being limited to mage guild 3 in the swamp in HOMM3.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    Tough choice. I like all towns except Castle and Conflux (which are little boring) but I mostly played Dungeon. They just have the coolest units. Tower is my second favourite, for the strongest units. Rampart for its atmosphere and music theme, which was already mentioned. Necropolis for the ridiculous armies you can gather (with that cloak which raises dead troops as liches, I remember having legions of liches in the datadisc campaign). Fortress, because I like swamp setting and Inferno for the archdevil's smile. I liked Stronghold too, but I can remember why now :).
    Damn, I think I dig out my CD and see if it runs on my PC. I just remembered how damn funny trogdolytes are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    Shandyr said:

Oh God...

SPACE KEY!

I did NOT know that! You can switch between two way portals and whirlpools by just pressing space!

I always assumed the AI was cheating because it could switch between portals and whirlpools without having to move....

argh...

After all these years...

space key.... damn, lol

Edit: By the way I don't think this is a good feature. This eliminates the random component when a two way portal or whirpool is placed on a map more than twice. With space key you can effectively choose where you want to go.

I'll be damned! All those wasted moves!
    edited November 2014
    I found my CDs (interestingly, in the Black Isle Collection II box, along with Icewind Dale). And my god, did I mix things up. I had HOMM5 in mind when thinking Dungeon, and since dark elves are lame, so was Dungeon. Except it has ME as a unit in HOMM3! I totally forgot that! However, at the moment I rekindle my love for the swamp units; hydra, wyvern, gorgon (which I miss very much in HOMM5), basilisk, goddamn dragon flies I completely underrated when I first played the game and got totally pwned in a wyvern nest by them...