Skip to content

Post your party pictures here, with brief summary of the general idea

Comments

• RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426

Umm... that's just creepy.

No it's not. To the untrained eye all elves look the same. Must be their pointed ears.

Unfortunately, lately the web space is invaded by images with elves that have huge donkey ears (I blame Blizzard for that). Plenty of people tried WoW (I did not, and I am happy for it) and then stuck to the idea that elves need to have ear so large that having any helmet becomes an adventure.

lolien
    You edited that already. Sylvus might be her evil twin. Or just another elf.
    Pamela's portrait does not like having 17 Cha. Maybe 10.
    And duplicate items screams cheating.
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    edited November 2014
    Multiple playthroughs, which I personally don't consider cheating - but thanks :) And had to go 17 charisma to dual on a druid - no choice, sadly. Also, charisma is force of personality, not physical attractiveness necessarily - that was comeliness.

And just to be clear, the armor and gloves from Kaylessa also required multiple playthroughs since you can't get the two items on one playthrough
    Shikaojackjack
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    schreier said:

Harley Quinn
    Bard (Want to use Jester, but can't give up the Sith)
    Strength 14 (18/00 w/ Gauntlets of Ogre power)
    Dexterity 18
    Constitution 16
    Intelligence 17 (19 w/ Chautog's Thinker)
    Wisdom 11
    Charisma 18

Love this portrait!

lunarJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHjackjack
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    schreier said:

I think I got a better pic of Pamela Isley:

Also, in case you didn't know, Pamela Isley is Poison Ivy's real name (in the regular DC universe)

Such great berserker/druid or ranger avatar
    JuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @schreier‌ , love your Batman theme. I have a thief in my current 4-member pure class party, named "Kat", and she's inspired by a combination of Selina Kyle and Teri from the IWD NPC Project.

If you're watching the new show "Gotham", young orphan Selina is a major character, fascinated with the recently orphaned 12-year old Bruce Wayne, and the differences in their situations. (He with extreme wealth and a loving Alfred, and she with nothing but her street smarts.) Also, in the Gotham version of the lore, Selina witnessed Bruce's parents' murder.

Gotham has also introduced the child Pamela Isley in a single scene, hinting that they will do a story arc with her in the future, if they get enough seasons.
    ShikaoJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Thanks! I am watching .... trying to keep up with all the comic shows. It's interesting - they renamed Pamela Isley as Ivy Pepper - an easier name to connect to Poison Ivy obviously. I do like Selina in the show a lot ... I saw they aren't bringing Harley Quinn in this season, although apparently she's going to be on Arrow at some point I hear.

I think the 4 person party is enough in HOF as long as I bring the summons, although I need the multiple play throughs just to get enough scrolls for 3 arcane casters (let alone for the magic items). It's crazy that even a high level party with great equipment has to be careful or they'll lose people to random encounters.
    BelgarathMTHShikaoJuliusBorisov
    edited November 2014
    I had two archers at one point ... Talia al Ghul and Nyssa al Ghul .... used the same pic. But I got tired of all of the ammo management. Kinda mixed interpretations of the girls ... Nyssa normally has a different last name (Raatko) but goes by al Ghul in Arrow

They were both elves with exceptional strength, 19 dexterity and 17 constitution

One with the Hammer, one with Sseth's bow. I loved them and would add them back in a second with a quiver of plenty.
    Shikao
  • AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57
    A side question: how can you make a dwarf bard?
    @Sniiiimon‌ , the easiest way is to click on "attach a file" at the bottom left of your posting window, and upload your image directly from your computer. Then, click "insert image" on the resulting thumbnail, and then delete the thumbnail.

You can also type < img src=http:link > , without the spaces, to insert an image from an image hosting site like photobucket.
    JuliusBorisovSniiiimon
    Audaces said:

A side question: how can you make a dwarf bard?

@Audaces‌ ,You can either use @Troodon80‌ 's fabulous Keeper program, or install the mod "Tweaks", and activate the "remove racial restrictions" component.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2/p1

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
    JuliusBorisovShikaololien
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    There we go! Thanks for the help @BelgarathMTH‌; the portraits are up now. And @Audaces‌, I for one will use @Troodon80‌ 's Keeper. It's indeed a lovely tool. Check it out if you get the chance!

BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    Thank you once again @BelgarathMTH‌!
    BelgarathMTHjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • ProteusProteus Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2014
    My personal optimal 4 man party consisting of 2 melee and 2 ranged characters. Three basic classes (Fighter, Priest, Rogue) are covered in the beginning with the two Human characters both dualing to Mage later on.

I had a choice between Dwarf and Half Orc for Fighter/Cleric, but went with the latter because it felt a lot more interesting from a roleplaying perspective. The other races are self explanatory.

Entire party is of Good alignment. Used EE Roller for 92+ stats. I'm a graphical whore so I spent all my time browsing/editing portraits instead of attempting to put together any kind of story :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Vaine Hellsing, Human Assassin/Mage, Party Spokesperson, Crossbow

Scott the Bold, Human Berserker/Mage, Dual Wield Long Swords

Zorazar, Half Orc Fighter/Cleric, Dual Wield Morningstars

Caewyn Annaré, Elf Archer, Longbow
    Post edited by Proteus on
    ShikaoJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHStarflower2525
  • AmarandAmarand Member Posts: 2
    Resterian said:

[Spoiler]image [/spoiler]

Victoria, whined and complained the entire trip, the ever lowering temperature and constant prayers from Luna and Doran infuriated her to no end and in turn, her master grew angry at her, striking her more than once on several occasions, to which the rest of the party paid no heed.
    Eventually they reached Easthaven. In sore need of some rest, they entered the local tavern and drank, though sparingly, to warm their bodies and minds.

Do you have a larger version of this image? I would like to use this portrait for one of my character and I have not been able to find it on deviant art. Thanks.

edited December 2014
    @Amarand, I wouldn't count on the quote feature to tag someone whose attention you need. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I always make sure to tag anyone I need again in the new post, even if there was a tag already in the quote, like so: " @Resterian, Do you have a larger version..."
    lolien
    LOL - that's what I get for trying to give forum control advice. I just learned that if there is a quotation mark right next to the @ sign, the tag won't work. And, you can't tag in an edit, so, I have to post it again. @Resterian .
    lolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I see my name in that one...
    CrevsDaaklolienJuliusBorisov
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited January 2015
    I enjoyed my ride with some of these character in my Black Pit play, so i made a party for IWDEE as well.

Glolien Grolio: halfling bard
    Because i'd like a bard and a halfling in my party. Why not both?

James Raynor: human undead hunter
    Because no zerg hunter subclass in IWDEE.

Marthur Malcanter: human priest of Tyr
    Because i'd like to try out a new kit.

Taurr: minotaur berserker
    Because miniature giant space marine minotaurs are beefy.

Alveus Malcanter: human first level mage
    Because his advices will be essential in Icewind Dale.

Rose Goldskin: gnome illusionist/thief
    Because Jan Jansen must inherit his talent from someone.
    JuliusBorisovjackjackStarflower2525CrevsDaak